Not open for further replies.

CountryLady

Oct 24, 2005
✟18,869.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello everyone! I've been a widow for three years now. It was a hard struggle to raise my children and continue with my life. There were times that I just didn't know if I could keep going. The depression weighed me down. At some point I guess I was at my lowest, my young son told me "mom, you're not dead too, you have to get up and start living, I need a mom". It was sad and true. I had all but stopped living, and my son gave me the kick in the rear that I needed to get up and make a change.

My late husband had cancer, after the surgery the doctors told me they were sorry but there was nothing that they could do. And asked me if I wanted to put him in a place (nursing home) or bring him home. We had already talked about what to do if something was to happen and where he wanted to be laid to rest, if he didn't make it. That was a great gift we gave each other, just talking. I brought him home and we had a few months together, a special time for us all.

I would love to talk to others about the struggles, the up's and down's, the good times and wonderful memories. Thank you, God bless everyone.

Honibee

Tasting the Lord's goodness
Sep 20, 2005
Passing through (in the USA)
✟25,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Hi Countrylady,

God bless you! I relate to your situation in several ways, and my heart goes out
to you. I was in my thirties with little ones when my husband passed away. While
children are great motivation to put one foot in front of the other, they are
also a great source of strength. It was such a precious time for my family, to
have each other to mourn the one we loved. Only those who have lost, as we have,
will understand that statement.

May His love and comfort continue to uphold you. Feel free to PM me, if you want.

Upvote 0
B

Bevlina

I lost my Husband 6 years ago and the going has been tough, but through it all I believe we come out as stronger people. There were no small children for me to care for so you ladies have my deepest sympathy because what you have gone through must have been the pits.
I know what it was like with the animals here! I had geese honking at me, the cat was depressed, my litle dog was depressed and the chooks went off the lay.
It really was a shambles for awhile, but with the help of God, I pulled through OK.

Upvote 0

BeanMak

Veteran
Feb 7, 2002
Suburb of Chicago
Visit site
✟2,472.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I wanted to stop and say hello. I lost my husband 10 years ago. My boys were 10 and 12. I made the mistake of trying to make everything "ok" I never really gave them a chance to mourn. We have come through some pretty rough times but are the better for it. God's blessing on all of you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.