If you think that the sons of God in Gen 6:2 were angels and wish to wager on it,

Qubit

Mar 6, 2024
USA
✟16,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
P1 = The sons of God in Gen 6:2 were angels having sexual intercourse with human females.

P2 = The sons of God in Gen 6:2 were not angelic beings.

Between 0 and 10, how much weight do you put on each of the above propositions?

P1 = 0
P2 = 0

Upvote 0

Qubit

Mar 6, 2024
USA
✟16,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi @AlexB23 . Nice to see you.

Can you explain why both propositions are zero, in yours, and cite theologians, verses or scholars?

Sure. Just be aware that I am not One who simply 'parrots' previous information. I am perfectly capable of pushing the boundaries of current understanding and offering alternative exegesis that may not be available as of yet.

I do not believe that the Sons of God had 'sexual intercourse with human females' as the OP states. In my opinion, that is a false choice to begin with as it contradicts Scripture. Angels do not have reproductive organs...

Matthew 22:30
"For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven."

The word 'wives' in Genesis 6:2 has a different meaning than what folks generally assume. Think of how the Redeemed are the Bride...

2 Corinthians 11:2
"For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ."

Think of how the Lamb marries New Jerusalem...

Revelation 21:9
"And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb’s wife."

It is a very different concept. It is about becoming Born Again into a different Body or 'Estate'. It can go both ways as in the case of what Jesus did to incarnate here. Thus, the closest match we have to a Son of God manifesting into flesh would be Jesus being conceived into the womb of Mary...

Matthew 1:20
"But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost."

The term 'Kenosis' is often used to describe the process...

Philippians 2:6-7 (New Revised Standard Version)
"who, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God as
something to be exploited, but emptied himself, taking the form of a slave, being born in human likeness. And being found in human form"

Here are some commentaries by Scholars...

From Wikipedia:

"Kenotic Christology essentially states that in order to truly live a human experience, Jesus, despite being a preexisting divine being, voluntarily humbled himself."

The part highlighted in red in the above Philippians verses are juxtaposed to what the Sons of God did. God felt it was necessary to include that information for us to meditate on. God is making us aware that the potential for abuse was there. Why? Because this happened before when the Sons of God emptied themselves of their first estate and entered into the wombs of the Daughters of Men...

Jude 1:6
"And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day."

In other words, the Sons of God went through a form of Kenosis similar to what Jesus did. Satan is good at copying what God does. The phrase 'kept not their first estate' can be interpreted as shedding the 'Tabernacle Body' they were clothed with and clothing themselves with a new one. Free Will exists in Heaven.

Sadly, the Sons of God *did* exploit and take advantage. I personally believe that they tweaked their Genomes within the Ovary of the Daughters of Men to conceive themselves as Giants. This may be what Daniel prophesied here...

Daniel 2:43
"And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay."

Notice that the mingling of Seed is not done through normal procreation (i.e., sexual intercourse), which is called 'cleaving'...

Genesis 2:24
"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh."

Iron and Clay must be mingled through a different process. I believe that process is a type of Kenosis. Thus, Daniels Prophecy is here...

Matthew 24:37
"But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

Look up Heiros Gamos. The Occult World and Mystery Schools know all about it...

Hieros gamos, hieros (ἱερός) meaning "holy" or "sacred" and gamos (γάμος) meaning "marriage," or Hierogamy (Greek ἱερὸς γάμος, ἱερογαμία "holy marriage"), is a sacred marriage that plays out between gods, especially when enacted in a symbolic ritual where human participants represent the deities.

We are looking at the return of the Nephilim.

Now, as to P2=0, the whole 'Sons of Seth' teachings are a disguised form of racism and elitism. I will never add any credence to that theory.

Here is an example of how that line of thinking can be dangerous...

Various nuanced forms of the serpent seed doctrine have been developed over the centuries. In its most prominent modern form, it explains the biblical account of the fall of man by stating that the serpent mated with Eve in the Garden of Eden, and the offspring of their union was Cain.

It claims that Eve had relations with Adam a second time, and Abel and his younger brother Seth were the two offspring who were produced by that union. Both of these events resulted in the creation of two races of people, the first event produced the wicked descendants of the Serpent who were destined for damnation, and the second event produced the righteous descendants of Adam who were destined to have eternal life.

The doctrine frames human history as a conflict between these two races in which the descendants of Adam will eventually triumph over the descendants of Cain and the Serpent

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟765,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I will always be confused as to what in particular Genesis 6:2 is referring as far as angels & mortals. One thing I do believe is that it seems to try to explain that there is a corruption of our created being as a species. I believe we should give this attention as to what we see around us today in the breakdown of gender of male & female today.

I read Genesis 1:27-28, Genesis 6:1-6, Mark 10:1-12, Isaiah 24:1-23, Romans 1:18-32 etc. and know humanity & nature are breaking down. Tension in the fallen world are always part of life ( Ecclesiastes 1:9). I believe reading the Lord’s covenants, commandments in Genesis 9:1-17, Deuteronomy 5:1-21, Deuteronomy 6:1-9, Matthew 19:16-19, Matthew 22:36-40, Romans 13:1-10 etc. are critical for spiritual survival in this. What St. John preached in 1 John 2:1-29 shows us the balance needed to remember our neighbor but reject the corrupt ways of this world.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟112,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I do not believe that the Sons of God had 'sexual intercourse with human females' as the OP states.
A perfectly valid choice of beliefs for you to choose.

In my opinion, that is a false choice to begin with as it contradicts Scripture.

It is you opinion that it contradicts scripture . It is my opinion that it does not.

Angels do not have reproductive organs...

Is that your opinion or have you seen a disrobed fallen angel?

"For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven."

The above passage does not back your statement of fact or your opinion.

This passage has been used by many ad nauseam as a proof text for what is does not say.

!. It says nothing about what angels are capable of but only what ANGELS OF GOD IN HEAVEN do not do.
2. It makes no mention of fallen sinful angels who do not care for Gods order.
3. It makes no statement about the anatomy of angels in general.

Other passages state we could entertain angels unawares meaning we could not distinguish them from humans.

Angels in scripture can eat food with humans, something they probably have no need to do for sustenance.

Angels have powers we do not or cannot comprehend.

Considering all of the above and more from scripture your statement of fact that "Angels do not have reproductive organs..." cannot be proved with scripture or personal experience.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟130,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi @AlexB23 . Nice to see you.

Sure. Just be aware that I am not One who simply 'parrots' previous information. I am perfectly capable of pushing the boundaries of current understanding and offering alternative exegesis that may not be available as of yet.

I do not believe that the Sons of God had 'sexual intercourse with human females' as the OP states. In my opinion, that is a false choice to begin with as it contradicts Scripture. Angels do not have reproductive organs...

The word 'wives' in Genesis 6:2 has a different meaning than what folks generally assume. Think of how the Redeemed are the Bride...

2 Corinthians 11:2
"For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ."

Think of how the Lamb marries New Jerusalem...

Revelation 21:9
"And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb’s wife."

It is a very different concept. It is about becoming Born Again into a different Body or 'Estate'. It can go both ways as in the case of what Jesus did to incarnate here. Thus, the closest match we have to a Son of God manifesting into flesh would be Jesus being conceived into the womb of Mary...

Matthew 1:20
"But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost."

The term 'Kenosis' is often used to describe the process...

Philippians 2:6-7 (New Revised Standard Version)
"who, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God as
something to be exploited, but emptied himself, taking the form of a slave, being born in human likeness. And being found in human form"

Here are some commentaries by Scholars...

From Wikipedia:

"Kenotic Christology essentially states that in order to truly live a human experience, Jesus, despite being a preexisting divine being, voluntarily humbled himself."

The part highlighted in red in the above Philippians verses are juxtaposed to what the Sons of God did. God felt it was necessary to include that information for us to meditate on. God is making us aware that the potential for abuse was there. Why? Because this happened before when the Sons of God emptied themselves of their first estate and entered into the wombs of the Daughters of Men...

"And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day."

In other words, the Sons of God went through a form of Kenosis similar to what Jesus did. Satan is good at copying what God does. The phrase 'kept not their first estate' can be interpreted as shedding the 'Tabernacle Body' they were clothed with and clothing themselves with a new one. Free Will exists in Heaven.

Sadly, the Sons of God *did* exploit and take advantage. I personally believe that they tweaked their Genomes within the Ovary of the Daughters of Men to conceive themselves as Giants. This may be what Daniel prophesied here...

"And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay."

Notice that the mingling of Seed is not done through normal procreation (i.e., sexual intercourse), which is called 'cleaving'...

"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh."

Iron and Clay must be mingled through a different process. I believe that process is a type of Kenosis. Thus, Daniels Prophecy is here...

Hieros gamos, hieros (ἱερός) meaning "holy" or "sacred" and gamos (γάμος) meaning "marriage," or Hierogamy (Greek ἱερὸς γάμος, ἱερογαμία "holy marriage"), is a sacred marriage that plays out between gods, especially when enacted in a symbolic ritual where human participants represent the deities.

We are looking at the return of the Nephilim.

Now, as to P2=0, the whole 'Sons of Seth' teachings are a disguised form of racism and elitism. I will never add any credence to that theory.

Here is an example of how that line of thinking can be dangerous...

Various nuanced forms of the serpent seed doctrine have been developed over the centuries. In its most prominent modern form, it explains the biblical account of the fall of man by stating that the serpent mated with Eve in the Garden of Eden, and the offspring of their union was Cain.

It claims that Eve had relations with Adam a second time, and Abel and his younger brother Seth were the two offspring who were produced by that union. Both of these events resulted in the creation of two races of people, the first event produced the wicked descendants of the Serpent who were destined for damnation, and the second event produced the righteous descendants of Adam who were destined to have eternal life.

The doctrine frames human history as a conflict between these two races in which the descendants of Adam will eventually triumph over the descendants of Cain and the Serpent

Nice to meet you @Qubit . It seems that scholars and theologians both support my post and your post. So, maybe P1 = 4, and P2 = 1, if we take the average of both our propositions.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟112,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Interesting and valid as theory but nothing more.

Genesis 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Jude 6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

I take the above passages at face value and accept them as written.

Upvote 0

Qubit

Mar 6, 2024
USA
✟16,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi @Postvieww . Good questions.

Is that your opinion or have you seen a disrobed fallen angel?

When an Angel falls, they fall like lightning...

Luke 10:18
"And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven."

We see this again here...

Revelation 9:1
"And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit."

This means that they lose whatever 'Tabernacle' they were clothed with. In other words, they become non-corporeal. They must then incarnate into the womb of an Earthly Mother to be 're-clothed' once again.

Note that the 'Pit' is euphemism for the womb...

Isaiah 51:1-2
"Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the LORD: look unto the rock whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged. Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him."

In the above verse, the 'Pit' is the womb of Sarah. Thus, the 'Bottomless Pit' is the womb of an Earthly Mother that the Fallen Angel must 'ascend' or be Born Again out of...

Revelation 17:8
"The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is."

The Beast 'was' alive. The Beast 'is not' because he died. Then the Beast 'is' because he incarnates once again. The process is described in great detail all throughout Scripture.

The above passage does not back your statement of fact or your opinion.

Sure it does. Marriage is required before intercourse, otherwise it is a sin. If there is no marriage, and Angels are procreating, then we have big problems with violating the most basic Commandments.

Note that if everyone is a Son of God (no Females), then the whole idea of sex is outlandish. Some common sense is necessary here.

This passage has been used by many ad nauseam as a proof text for what is does not say.

!. It says nothing about what angels are capable of but only what ANGELS OF GOD IN HEAVEN do not do.
2. It makes no mention of fallen sinful angels who do not care for Gods order.
3. It makes no statement about the anatomy of angels in general.

I do not have time to get into this topic, but reproductive organs are what Adam and Eve inherited *after* partaking of the Forbidden Fruit. That is what 'shame' is. They were originally created without 'shame', i.e., created without reproductive organs. Reproductive organs are the original sin that all are born with.

They were 'naked' because they were not clothed with a Tabernacle yet. The two trees were two choices of 'body styles' they would like to incarnate into.
  1. Tree of Life = Body *without* reproductive organs
  2. Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil = Body *with* reproductive organs.
They chose option #2. I personally believe that Eve somehow knew ahead of time and wanted to give birth to Children. That is what she was tempted by.

Other passages state we could entertain angels unawares meaning we could not distinguish them from humans.

Those are not Fallen Angels though. A different set of rules, biology, etc. applies. If they do happen manifest in bodies that visually have everything there, they would not function in a way conducive to procreation.

How do I know this? Look at the type of physiology that Jesus came back in...

Luke 24:39
"Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have."

Jesus was flesh and bones. What is missing? Blood. Why is the Blood missing?

1 Corinthians 15:50
"Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption."

Unfallen Angels do not have Blood. Without Blood, there can be no transfer of Life into the Uterus. Life is in the Blood.

Angels have powers we do not or cannot comprehend.

They have the Law written in their Hearts. The Law is representative of a Genome. The 'Tables of the Heart' is where the Genome is written. The Angels are unable to sin by default because the Law is hard-wired into their Soul. They must replace or augment their Genomes to override the Commandments, i.e., override their programming.

Considering all of the above and more from scripture your statement of fact that "Angels do not have reproductive organs..." cannot be proved with scripture or personal experience.

I will agree to disagree. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Qubit

Mar 6, 2024
USA
✟16,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Yes. There were Fallen Angels there as well. The 'strange flesh' is what we would call a 'Genetically Modified Organism' or GMO. Genetic Engineering has been going on since the Garden of Eden.

The 'Everlasting Chains' is a reference to DNA.

The 'Wandering Stars' are the so called 'gods' of Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, etc...

Jude 1:13
"Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever."

The 'return of the gods' are alluded to.

This is borrowed from Enoch (chapters xliii., xliv.) where it is said that some of the stars become lightnings and cannot part with their new form, ib. lxxx, “In the days of the sinners, many chiefs of the stars will err, and will alter their orbits and tasks, ib. lxxxvi, where the fall of the angels is described as the falling of stars, ib. lxxxviii, “he seized the first star which had fallen from heaven and bound it in an abyss; now that abyss was narrow and deep and horrible and dark … and they took all the great stars and bound them hand and foot, and laid them in an abyss,” ib. xc. 24, “and judgment was held first upon the stars, and they were judged and found guilty and were cast into an abyss of fire”; also xviii. 14 f.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟112,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I do not have time to get into this topic, but reproductive organs are what Adam and Eve inherited *after* partaking of the Forbidden Fruit. That is what 'shame' is. They were originally created without 'shame', i.e., created without reproductive organs. Reproductive organs are the original sin that all are born with.
This has no basis in scripture! They were told to be fruitful and multiply before they sinned. We’re babies to be found in a cabbage patch?

Upvote 0

Qubit

Mar 6, 2024
USA
✟16,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This has no basis in scripture!

Not true.

They were told to be fruitful and multiply before they sinned.

No. They were told after they sinned. In other words, they were told after they physically died and were recreated with the corrupt bodies we have now.

Genesis 1:27 describes the couple being recreated after they sinned...

Genesis 1:27
"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

Genesis 2:17 is literal. They physically died on that very day. God then resurrected them and clothed them with the corrupt bodies we have now. After that is when they were told to be fruitful...

Genesis 1:28
"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

Ask any reputable Scholar if the phrase 'surely die' means 'spiritual death' or 'separation from God' or 'began to die', etc. and they will tell you no, absolutely not.

Christians have been lied to. I go over this here...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟77,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
P2 = The sons of God in Gen 6:2 were not angelic beings.
Is 10 the highest because Jesus tells us in Matthew 22:29-30 that they were not angels. We need to look at Genesis 4:14

14Behold, this day You have driven me from the face of the earth, and from Your face I will be hidden; I will be a fugitive and a wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.”

How can he be "driven from the face of the earth" and who was Cain worried about that would find and kill him? We see that: " Cain had relations with his wife". A people that he was worried would kill him. These are what the Bible calls the daughters of man.

But people can believe what they want. I am not here to convince anyone of anything.

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟167,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So you have assigned P1 a weight of 10 and P2 a weight of 0. These are your odds. How many USD do you want to bet on P1?
I only bank on God's word.

Nothing in my hands I bring,
Simply to Thy cross I cling

Upvote 0