Servant of Christ
Jul 5, 2002
Northwest Georgia
✟3,402.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I started a thread like this before the forums split. But...

Kristi and I are coming up on 1 year as a couple! (w00t!) the longest relationship i've been in so far. And i was wondering, what would be something really special i could do for her.

*note, she isnt big on jewelery and we're not ready to get married, so i'm not going to purpose or anything....for some reason most people thought it would be sweet if i purposed on the 1 yr mark...but we're both still in school.

Lizzi4Christ

I'm worth waiting for.
Feb 13, 2002
It doesn't matter... my home is Heaven!
✟8,050.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Ok, this is what I would want to be done.

Dinner just the 2 of us. Preferably cooked by the boyfriend (If you're not big on cooking, then get take out from her favorite restruant). Then a few choices after dinner.

1) pick her favorite movie and watch it with candles lit. Candles add a lot.

2) If you like dancing, have your own little private dance. Make a CD of her favorite songs and just dance to them (don't forget the candles!)

It's simple, but I think it'd be really sweet.

Upvote 0

PegasusOnFire

is currently unsupervised...
Jun 25, 2003
Iowa
✟32,653.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I would suggest getting her something that she likes. I always love it when Jay gets me something with horses or light houses. I would also suggest that if you are not ready to get married, you shouldn't propose. Congrats on making the one year mark.

Upvote 0

JillLars

It's a Boy! Jace David- Due 1/20/07
Jan 20, 2003
New Hope, MN
Visit site
✟3,944.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Surprise her with flowers, or a bag of her favorite candy. My boyfriend and I have our two year anniversary next wednesday, and we are going out to Chanhassen Dinner Theatre for dinner, and The Sound of Music. It should be fun. I know that you have talked about marrying Kristi, are you going to wait to propose until you're closer to getting married. My boyfriend and I have known we'd be getting married for a long time, we even have a date picked out, about three years from next week actually. I don't know when he's going to propose, but I'm pretty sure it will be in the next month cause he said we'd be engaged before school starts. I think there's something romantic about proposing on your anniversary, but definately don't do it unless you are totally ready. Good luck, let us know how everything goes!

Upvote 0

MetalBlade

Defender of the Faith
Feb 23, 2003
Bowling Green, Ohio
Visit site
✟2,632.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Congrats on a year man! It takes a lot of stuff to keep a realtionship going that long. I've been with my girl for 2 years and 8 months, which an extremely long time. Of course a couple moths ago we had broken up due to miscommunication, but know everything is fine.

Sorry for rabling. I think I got my girl some jewlery, but since she doesn't like that stuff just get her something she does like. Maybe a dinner and a movie. You know, the good stuff! :cool:

Upvote 0

FroZenDeSire

Jul 8, 2003
Canada
Visit site
✟15,247.00
Faith
Christian
Congrats hun!!! that's awsome! I've been dating my boyfriend 2 years and 10 months... almost 3 years! I love anniversaries. My boyfriend get's me a dozen roses everyday he can lol like for grad and birthdays and valentines day. See my middle name is rose and I love them hehe that's something kinda special between us! Is there something special between you and her? Why not be totally romantic and have a dinner at your place (Cook it and make it totally cute!) and then youcould either go for a walk or a drive and take her to the place where you met Then give her a single red rose and maybe a little teddy (Make sure it's totally cute and cuddly! those are the best!) And then take her back to your place or wherever and watch her most favorite movie!! even if it's a chick flick! you can handle it! lol or play a game! like Jenga or cards or something cute! This can be done on a blanket in your back yard! Have tons of fun hun! Congrats

Upvote 0

GodBoy809

Servant of Christ
Jul 5, 2002
Northwest Georgia
✟3,402.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
JillLars said:
I know that you have talked about marrying Kristi, are you going to wait to propose until you're closer to getting married?
Yeah, we're going to wait until after college.

thanks for the ideas, keep them coming. I like the idea of surprising her with flowers, and most of what lizzi suggested

Upvote 0

GodBoy809

Servant of Christ
Jul 5, 2002
Northwest Georgia
✟3,402.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
this is what i'm thinking.

I'll take JillLars' idea and and surprise her with flowers, then take lizzi's idea and cook for her (yes, i'm a guy that can cook, nothing wrong with that.) Then let her pick out what we do for the rest of the night. ohh, and i got her a awesome gift too. She really like Thomas Kenkaide (sp?) paintings, and she enjoyes reading the Bible...and i saw a Bible that had illustrations done by Thomas Kenkaide in it, so i got it for her. And i was also going to get her a few thomas kenkaide puzzles(she loves puzzles.) I need to go ahead and buy it, so i don't forget. Even though our 1 yr is still a month away, i usually wait until the last min...and this is really special and i don't wanna do that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums