Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Standard Forum protocol with 3 exchanges each / 7 days to prepare and post reply / 2500 words per post max. ; my opponent would be going first supporting RockNRoll as a good or at least neutral venue for the masses while I will demonstrate why it gets its roots from the occult and Satan specifically designed to ruin lives, family, much needed morals for a civil society to prosper, and ultimately to get scores of people to enter an eternal Hell --- a very huge deceit of the masses carefully orchestrated so as few people as possible enters heaven and so thwarting Gods mega plan of salvation for all ------ One of Satans most cunning schemes to dumb-down people to sell their souls for Hell.

Dave

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
All rock and roll, including "religious" music?

I have some problems with so called
'christian rock music' but this proposal venue is to cover secular bands thru the ages circa 1958 to current and to see how it has affected American culture in enormous destructive ways. Preferably, id like to debate a hugely-loyal Rocker from any genre who believes rock music is a neutral commodity for the masses.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟395,376.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have some problems with so called
'christian rock music' but this proposal venue is to cover secular bands thru the ages circa 1958 to current and to see how it has affected American culture in enormous destructive ways. Preferably, id like to debate a hugely-loyal Rocker from any genre who believes rock music is a neutral commodity for the masses.
So the Title isn't truthful then?
"Debate ALL RockNRoll being very dangerous" vs "Secular Bands cira 1958-2016"

Upvote 0

aggie03

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Jun 13, 2002
Columbus, TX
Visit site
✟19,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll talk with you about it, but we have to frame the discussion with two different resolutions.

First resolution: "Rock music (all rock music) has Satanic origins and detrimentally affects God's design and plan for humanity, namely through deceit and other schemes it confounds the masses, leading many to hell, and overthrows morality and the god-ordained family structure."

Second resolution: "Rock music (all rock music) is similar to any other aspect of human culture and society in that there are benefits and drawbacks depending on how it is used; rock music is a neutral medium with the intentions of people determining its affect on society and culture."

If you agree to these two resolutions, we can talk about the debate structure.l

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'll talk with you about it, but we have to frame the discussion with two different resolutions.

First resolution: "Rock music (all rock music) has Satanic origins and detrimentally affects God's design and plan for humanity, namely through deceit and other schemes it confounds the masses, leading many to hell, and overthrows morality and the god-ordained family structure."

Second resolution: "Rock music (all rock music) is similar to any other aspect of human culture and society in that there are benefits and drawbacks depending on how it is used; rock music is a neutral medium with the intentions of people determining its affect on society and culture."

If you agree to these two resolutions, we can talk about the debate structure.l

So then, are you Pro for both ? Im really looking for someone who is totally dedicated to the rock bands and culture and who is interested in making appear as an unjustified Alarmist. As an advertised Christian , I trust you are not into RocknRoll but I thank you for the offer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I love how they call me dave is always "I'm making a affirmative statement, but since it's negative I can make you go first."

Historically,formal debate protocol has the dissending view respond to the affirmative. Are you willing to be an affirmative Supporter and go first ? If not, then my proposal is not for you. TY.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So the Title isn't truthful then?
"Debate ALL RockNRoll being very dangerous" vs "Secular Bands cira 1958-2016"

The title is accurate because during this time period is when rock n roll shaped American culture . I don't think one can accurately say that about Christian rock n roll for its always been a sub culture at best . Im here to debate the bad fruit that has come out of bands like : Led Zepelin, Presley, The Doors, Metallica, The Eagles , softer Rock Bands, Individuals like Madonna, Aguilera,GaGa, and others contributing a destructive message for consumption.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟349,569.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Historically,formal debate protocol has the dissending view respond to the affirmative. Are you willing to be an affirmative Supporter and go first ? If not, then my proposal is not for you. TY.
Being affirmative and supporting something are not the same thing. "Rock music is evil." That's an affirmative statement, because you are saying something as being true. Also since you never want to go first, it just makes it appear as if you want to make sure you get the last word because the person debating you has no idea what to defend against.

Reactions: pgp_protector
Upvote 0

Pamelav

Child of God.
Apr 9, 2012
Usa
✟11,247.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My husband listens to rock. So as I am helping him in the garage, I have been forced to hear much from the seventies and eighties. In my opinion some seem ok, but much is not godly at all. I'm not sure tho how it is worse than some of the modern secular music out there which is nothing but sex, which is the current culture. Actually, that is worse, imo.
There are a couple of rock music songs that makes you believe they are christians making secular music. Maybe not practicing christians at that time, but you can picture them later on going back to christianity, as is quite common when somebody is raised in the church, grows up and leaves, but eventually calls on the Lord. I say this because in one song I kind of enjoy, which I don't remember name or song, but all he's singing about is how you should sing before the good Lord takes you away. Lol. Now I understand how that on no way draws someone closer to God. But my own point is, at least in the older rock, it's not any worse than the other secular music. But I am not familiar with new rock.

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Wait, hang on. First you expect us to prove that rock is a beneficial thing (when you are the one making the claim that it isn't, and thus we have absolutely no framework by which to determine what you even mean by that)... Then you expect us to believe Christina Aguilera and Lady Gaga are rock? Wat.

That said, I really would love to see you flounder to support the claims you have said you will support, so sure, why not. I'm game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟440,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

You are making an affirmative statement. The fact that you're saying that something is negative doesn't make it a "negative statement".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheQuietRiot

indomitable
Aug 17, 2011
West Yorkshire
✟19,502.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't remember name or song, but all he's singing about is how you should sing before the good Lord takes you away.

That's either Dream On - Aerosmith
or
Sing for the Moment - Eminem

I'd guess the former if your husband listens to rock music :)

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Wait, hang on. First you expect us to prove that rock is a beneficial thing (when you are the one making the claim that it isn't, and thus we have absolutely no framework by which to determine what you even mean by that)... Then you expect us to believe Christina Aguilera and Lady Gaga are rock? Wat.

That said, I really would love to see you flounder to support the claims you have said you will support, so sure, why not. I'm game.

Does that mean you want to debate it and take the position that RocknRoll is ok to listen to for a society and that it has no detrimental effect ? Don't worry....there wont be any 'floundering' when it comes to me exposing them and challenging you.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
People said the same thing about jazz, the blues, 18th century bar ditties.

I can't stand CCM but will jam out to classic rock all day.

Desensitization to worldly anti-Christian music is one of Satans slickest ploys ; we read in the Bible that sexual immorality, sexual perversion, giving homage to Satan , allowing him access to our minds are things that displease God as Christians, yet we gladly welcome it cause it sounds good to our flesh. RocknRoll has its roots in Satanic ploys---even the Rock Bands say of the culture that 'its all about sex/drugs/and RocknRoll" and a mixture thereof. Same goes for last nights Superbowl Halftime show with women dressed in under-apparel thrusting their hips in your face and rubbing their t_ _ ts for your extra added entertainment and 'Christians' around the water cooler the next day commenting to each other how good the Halftime Show was. (By the way, I left the Halftime Show with the group of 'Christians' I was seated with , out of disgust).

There are many worldly philosophies and activities that fly in a Persons Mind and Gods family welcoming them. Which side / which God will you serve : The god of this world or the real God who created us to emanate him ?

Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
Desensitization to worldly anti-Christian music is one of Satans slickest ploys ; we read in the Bible that sexual immorality, sexual perversion, giving homage to Satan , allowing him access to our minds are things that displease God as Christians, yet we gladly welcome it cause it sounds good to our flesh. RocknRoll has its roots in Satanic ploys---even the Rock Bands say of the culture that 'its all about sex/drugs/and RocknRoll" and a mixture thereof. Same goes for last nights Superbowl Halftime show with women dressed in under-apparel thrusting their hips in your face and rubbing their t_ _ ts for your extra added entertainment and 'Christians' around the water cooler the next day commenting to each other how good the Halftime Show was. (By the way, I left the Halftime Show with the group of 'Christians' I was seated with , out of disgust).

There are many worldly philosophies and activities that fly in a Persons Mind and Gods family welcoming them. Which side / which God will you serve : The god of this world or the real God who created us to emanate him ?

Yeah...heard that stuff before. "Backwards satanic masking", Kiss was "knights in service to satan". Whatever...that all got debunked 30 years ago. If you don't like it, don't listen to it.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.