• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I was also abused

pentecostalgirl0414

Soon to be mommy of 2!!
Jan 28, 2005
Wahiawa, HI
✟21,780.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I just thought I would share my story. It is not that great but this is something that I need to do. I was sexually abuse when I was 5. I had emotional problem as a result of the abuse. I was raped by my uncle 2 years ago. I have not been able to trust people. I go to therapy but I can't even trust her. I have been put in a psychiatric hospital because I had an ED and cut myself. I am now have depression, and anxiety disorder, I am still trying to recover from cutting myself, I am still struggling with an ED. I also have recurent dreams about the abuse. I don't know how to deal with the dreams. Thanks for listening. God Bless

alilsa

Dec 27, 2004
Alabama
✟1,509.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Have you tried to pray for peace for a good night's sleep? I had to do that alot but I had reoccurring nightmares about the abuse but woke up feeling like my head would explode. I kept having dreams of being thrown through a glass window and my head breaking the glass and I'd cometo out on the grass. Also had recurring pieces of memories of the sexual abuse from when I was a child. I kept praying that God would hold me and I would talk to him because something is making me terrified but I had pieces of memories. I know it takes time, and I still would sleepwalk and try to get away from someone. Are you trying to fight remembering the abuse or do you go ahead and allow yourself the memory? Sometimes fighting the memory makes it worse.

Upvote 0

shazabella

Senior Veteran
Mar 14, 2005
Australia
Visit site
✟13,487.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey Pentacostalgirl

:prayer: praying that you and everyone else who is struggling with sleep can actually get a good night's sleep :prayer:

Dear Lord,

I want to thank you for the faith you have kept shining in all of your children who are going thru such a rough time atm with dealing with the atrocities of the abuse that they endured and lord I ask that they might be able to get a good night's sleep and dream happy thought and know they are safe instead of waking up fearful of memories that happened to them because dreams are figments of our imagination but they seem so real. I also ask that this forum continue to grow and be supported by CF and the ppl who need it. I ask this in Jesus's name Amen.

- Shaz

Upvote 0

Velcro

Mar 6, 2005
West Coast
✟986.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I understand, PentecostalGirl, but only to a point. Bless you, you can get beyond this, to the point at which it will not be a constant battle. I know. I am not going to say that you will forget it or that it will cease effecting you, because I don't know that personally; it's just that you will move on and away from this, if that is your choice.

Upvote 0