• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I Suffer from Chronic Pain

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Me too, sister, I still love God so much.

At times, my failure is that I come to believe that He doesn't listen to my prayers and I begin to lose hope and feel despondent.
We can take it one day at a time and just be reminded that God is with us.

• Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

Tony Eric

Oct 24, 2017
Loomis,CA
✟15,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Private
Hello guys, I have gone through the discussion. I really feel very sad by reading about your health issue. Chronic pain is the pain that lasts a long time. In medicine, the distinction between acute and chronic pain is sometimes determined by an arbitrary interval of time. It may originate in the body, or in the brain or spinal cord. It is often difficult to treat. Various nonopioid medicines are recommended initially, depending on whether the pain originates from tissue damage or is Psychological treatments. Some people with chronic pain may benefit from treatment while others are harmed. This disease can be cured by yoga, meditation, diet control or by reading Healing inspirational poetry of various writers as it gives our body tension-free. Also, We have to take care of ourselves for being healthier and keep our mind calm and cool. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟419,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I have chronic pain from spinal cord injury, and rest assured while yoga, meditation, diet control, poetry, or other forms of inspiration, especially leaning on Christ, you have to follow the recommendations of physicians, and in some cases like me, multiple physicians. The natural stuff is worth a try, but when you have nerve or orthopedic damage, there is no amount of positive thinking that can cure anything.

Upvote 0

Christine19

Aug 24, 2021
Connecticut
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I deal with a lot of neck pain and lower back pain from degenerative disc disease. I am only 42 years old, so I am not that old yet and I wish I didn't have to deal with this. I am hoping things do not get worse for me.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,018,484.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I deal with a lot of neck pain and lower back pain from degenerative disc disease. I am only 42 years old, so I am not that old yet and I wish I didn't have to deal with this. I am hoping things do not get worse for me.

Offer up any suffering to God, for others. May He lay His healing hands on you my friend.

Upvote 0