Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello, I sure would appreciate your prayers. Let me explain.

April 14 I woke up with my right ear feeling plugged with diminished hearing, I thought it would leave so I ignored it, a couple of days later, Easter, it was still bothering me, so, I put in some ear drops then got the "bright idea" to self irrigate it as I have done it before and always had success. Well this time, no go, it got worse and I was almost deaf in that ear. I went to my GP, she looked and said it was very impacted. I had to see an audiologist for that microsuction as they do not irrigate over here anymore and doctors, for some reason, can't do it in the office. So, the next day I made the appointment and went in the following day. The microsuction felt weird. She got all the wax out of the left ear, the the right ear that was so bad she got some out but left some in as she said that wax wouldn't bother me as it was far up in the canal. When she finished, I told her I couldn't tell the difference, that it still felt blocked and I couldn't hear. She said it would get better as the blockage had probably caused my ear drum to feel strange after being removed. Well, it never did get better and I still have that "full feeling". She did say that it could be an Eustachian tube dysfunction or even an Acoustic Neuroma which is a type of brain tumor in the ear and fairly rare, only an MRI can determine that however.

Well, all this happened a little over two weeks ago, my right ear still feels plugged with muffled hearing, some days it is almost gone but others, like today, I am miserable with it. I don't want to have to have an MRI or surgery, the surgery can be pretty dangerous and cause total deafness in the offending ear and even a type of Bells Palsy for a short time. I still say there is wax in it but no one believes me. I am going in for a hearing test this week, that will determine if I have true asymmetrical hearing or not. I have done a few on-line hearing tests, for the most part, I do well except for high frequency, but even the professional one I did 2 years ago ascertained that.

It is probably a coincidence, but this all happened after my first Novavax Vaccine on March 25. I am still thinking it could have a lot of bearing on this issue, but it is so new, there are no thorough reports on it. The reason I say this, it was starting to get better, then I had the second Novavax vaccine three days ago, now, it has taken a turn for the worse.

Needless to say, I am scared, I feel like I have cotton in my head and this plugged feeling is driving me crazy. Please pray for healing and that all will turn out OK.

Thank you in advance.

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟391,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Hi Susie~Q. I saw all of your threads. I figured this would be the best one to respond to.

I've had that sort of thing in my ear too, but I didn't have to go to the doctor to have it looked at, it cleared up on its own (thankfully). I hope yours does too.

I have prayed while writing this and will keep you in my prayers.

• Friendly
Reactions: Susie~Q
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,168,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, I sure would appreciate your prayers. Let me explain.

April 14 I woke up with my right ear feeling plugged with diminished hearing, I thought it would leave so I ignored it, a couple of days later, Easter, it was still bothering me, so, I put in some ear drops then got the "bright idea" to self irrigate it as I have done it before and always had success. Well this time, no go, it got worse and I was almost deaf in that ear. I went to my GP, she looked and said it was very impacted. I had to see an audiologist for that microsuction as they do not irrigate over here anymore and doctors, for some reason, can't do it in the office. So, the next day I made the appointment and went in the following day. The microsuction felt weird. She got all the wax out of the left ear, the the right ear that was so bad she got some out but left some in as she said that wax wouldn't bother me as it was far up in the canal. When she finished, I told her I couldn't tell the difference, that it still felt blocked and I couldn't hear. She said it would get better as the blockage had probably caused my ear drum to feel strange after being removed. Well, it never did get better and I still have that "full feeling". She did say that it could be an Eustachian tube dysfunction or even an Acoustic Neuroma which is a type of brain tumor in the ear and fairly rare, only an MRI can determine that however.

Well, all this happened a little over two weeks ago, my right ear still feels plugged with muffled hearing, some days it is almost gone but others, like today, I am miserable with it. I don't want to have to have an MRI or surgery, the surgery can be pretty dangerous and cause total deafness in the offending ear and even a type of Bells Palsy for a short time. I still say there is wax in it but no one believes me. I am going in for a hearing test this week, that will determine if I have true asymmetrical hearing or not. I have done a few on-line hearing tests, for the most part, I do well except for high frequency, but even the professional one I did 2 years ago ascertained that.

It is probably a coincidence, but this all happened after my first Novavax Vaccine on March 25. I am still thinking it could have a lot of bearing on this issue, but it is so new, there are no thorough reports on it. The reason I say this, it was starting to get better, then I had the second Novavax vaccine three days ago, now, it has taken a turn for the worse.

Needless to say, I am scared, I feel like I have cotton in my head and this plugged feeling is driving me crazy. Please pray for healing and that all will turn out OK.

Thank you in advance.

Ok, we will.

20 We put our hope in the Lord.
He is our help and our shield.
21 In him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in his holy name.
22 Let your unfailing love surround us, Lord,
for our hope is in you alone.

Jeremiah 17:7 But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in Him.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Susie~Q

John 3:16 God bless you.
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2011
South Island-New Zealand
✟271,990.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Susie~Q. I saw all of your threads. I figured this would be the best one to respond to.

I've had that sort of thing in my ear too, but I didn't have to go to the doctor to have it looked at, it cleared up on its own (thankfully). I hope yours does too.

I have prayed while writing this and will keep you in my prayers.
Thank you so much for your prayers. This has been going on for over 3 weeks, I am afraid that it isn't going to clear up on its own. I have tried everything. When I try to pop my ears, that side doesn't want to and when it does, it still feels full.

Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟391,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Thank you so much for your prayers. This has been going on for over 3 weeks, I am afraid that it isn't going to clear up on its own. I have tried everything. When I try to pop my ears, that side doesn't want to and when it does, it still feels full.

I had something similar, where it wouldn't release no matter what I tried. For a while there, one ear always felt too compressed and no amount of popping would fix it. It eventually cleared up on its own, but it drove me nuts too. I hope that's all it is and that it clears up for you.

When I was young I had to have tubes put in my ears because of chronic ear infections. My ears drain now, but I've had a few ear issues here and there. I've had dizzy spells a couple times from what I can only assume was an inner ear infection causing equilibrium to be off balance. I'm no stranger to ear problems, and I know what it feels like.

I will continue to pray for you.

Upvote 0

Susie~Q

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2011
South Island-New Zealand
✟271,990.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I had something similar, where it wouldn't release no matter what I tried. For a while there, one ear always felt too compressed and no amount of popping would fix it. It eventually cleared up on its own, but it drove me nuts too. I hope that's all it is and that it clears up for you.

When I was young I had to have tubes put in my ears because of chronic ear infections. My ears drain now, but I've had a few ear issues here and there. I've had dizzy spells a couple times from what I can only assume was an inner ear infection causing equilibrium to be off balance. I'm no stranger to ear problems, and I know what it feels like.

I will continue to pray for you.
That sounds exactly like my right ear. I also have muffled hearing in that ear. It's miserable. It seems to be worse in the morning, by evening, it doesn't seem as full or compressed, but when I go to bed and lay down, then it all starts again. I have vertigo issues as well, it is called BPPV, it's when you move your head too far back or lean over, it has something to do with ear crystals, you do the "Epley Manuver" and it is supposed to move the crystal back to where they belong, I had a bad episode of that a couple of years ago. When I was a child I always had earaches, usually from swimming.
Thank you for praying, I appreciate it.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟118,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Have you tried putting your right ear canal (not just the flap) directly out of the water coming out?

Upvote 0

Susie~Q

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2011
South Island-New Zealand
✟271,990.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Have you tried putting your right ear canal (not just the flap) directly out of the water coming out?
No, but I will try that next time. So far, the last few days, my ear has been open and I am hearing well again. It is strange, I will go a few days like this, then bang, it gets that full feeling and the muffled hearing is back. I have been praying lots, I think the Lord is answering my prayers. It is sure no fun. Thanks for all of your prayers as well, I am sure they help. Hugs to all.

Upvote 0