undisclosed Bunker
✟291,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I spent $95 to have a virus removed. Now my computer is VERY difficult! I can't find or access my Word Perfect documents (among many other problems)!

Somebody was just wondering where you went a day or so ago.

When you say "I spent $95 to have a virus removed" do you mean

a) you took it to a shop like Geek Squad at Best Buy and they charged you $95 to remove a virus,
or b) there was a pop up on your computer, that said "viruses have been detected, spend $95 to have them removed"?
or c) something different from a) and b)

If it was b) you are going to need a lot of prayer. And you might want to think about trying a)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟81,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Somebody was just wondering where you went a day or so ago.

When you say "I spent $95 to have a virus removed" do you mean

a) you took it to a shop like Geek Squad at Best Buy and they charged you $95 to remove a virus,
or b) there was a pop up on your computer, that said "viruses have been detected, spend $95 to have them removed"?
or c) something different from a) and b)

If it was b) you are going to need a lot of prayer. And you might want to think about trying a)
Actually my daughter teaches school and took it where she always takes her public school computer. I called the shop because the pop-up was there. I was told to bring it in. I'm not angry about the money especially. I'm upset about my inability to find my hundreds of Word Perfect documents and my family recipes. :(

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟81,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Lukaris, mourningdove-, Petros, 1 other person, and Unqualified , thank you so much for your payers!
1689447507669.gif

1689447507669.gif

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟291,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm not angry about the money especially. I'm upset about my inability to find my hundreds of Word Perfect documents and my family recipes. :(

Hmm. Definitely keep you in prayers for that; maybe the shop can figure out what happened there. Sometimes if a anti-virus thinks a document is "suspicious" it will place it in a quarantine location. Word Perfect is an older program I wonder if that's what might have happened. The guys at the shop might know or be able to help though.

Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟64,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I spent $95 to have a virus removed. Now my computer is VERY difficult! I can't find or access my Word Perfect documents (among many other problems)!

Praying for you Rescued One.

Are the documents there and you just can't get to them? You might check your recycle bin in case they've been deleted. I'd suggest calling the fix-it place and speaking with the person who worked on your computer.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟81,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hmm. Definitely keep you in prayers for that; maybe the shop can figure out what happened there. Sometimes if a anti-virus thinks a document is "suspicious" it will place it in a quarantine location. Word Perfect is an older program I wonder if that's what might have happened. The guys at the shop might know or be able to help though.
Thank you. 100s 0f family tree, religion research, favorite recipes!

• Wow
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Oh that is so upsetting. I feel for you Rescued One. Taking it back seems the right thing to do. I hope it can all be recovered. Praying for you.

Reactions: Rescued One
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟64,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Praying you get your computer back and all your files are there again.

I didn't even know they still made Word Perfect. But I looked it up, and I guess they do. It was the first program of that type I used, way back in the early '80s. It was a big jump at work from my trusty typewriter.

• Agree
Reactions: Blade
Upvote 0