• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I feel god doesnt want me to be happy...

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟147,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I see alot of other Christians happy with friends and a spouse and everything else but I'm struggling with my mental health. Dealt with isolation and loneliness my whole life.

This makes it hard for me to trust and surrender to God also depletes the love I have for him

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,779.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I see alot of other Christians happy with friends and a spouse and everything else but I'm struggling with my mental health. Dealt with isolation and loneliness my whole life.

This makes it hard for me to trust and surrender to God also depletes the love I have for him
The difference between the happy people you describe and between you is not in God, but in you.

Therefore, your thinking goes in a wrong direction. You need to take the steps the people you admire took, to be in the similar place in life, if you want their kind of happiness and not your own.

Somebody can be a bookworm, most happy alone in a room with a book, silence and tea, while somebody else can be the most happy around other people, with loud children.
Somebody is the most happy in nature, somebody inside a big city. Somebody with people, somebody with animals etc. Thats why copying the happiness of others almost never works.

What makes it even more complex is that different people have different mixtures of the same things that make them happy. Person A can like travelling, person B too, but the person A would travel every weekend while the person B likes it once a year. Person C likes being with people all day, person D just for few hours, person E not at all.

All in all, its better to find your own way to happiness, instead of "keeping with the Joneses".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I've felt the same way recently. Everyone shared their joy but not my sorrow and my thirst for God. He helped me.

Don't give up. God does want you to be happy. Never give up no matter the failure, fear, confusion or doubt.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The difference between the happy people you describe and between you is not in God, but in you.

Therefore, your thinking goes in a wrong direction. You need to take the steps the people you admire took, to be in the similar place in life, if you want their kind of happiness and not your own.

Somebody can be a bookworm, most happy alone in a room with a book, silence and tea, while somebody else can be the most happy around other people, with loud children.
Somebody is the most happy in nature, somebody inside a big city. Somebody with people, somebody with animals etc. Thats why copying the happiness of others almost never works.

What makes it even more complex is that different people have different mixtures of the same things that make them happy. Person A can like travelling, person B too, but the person A would travel every weekend while the person B likes it once a year. Person C likes being with people all day, person D just for few hours, person E not at all.

All in all, its better to find your own way to happiness, instead of "keeping with the Joneses".
We weep with those who weep and we strengthen each other in our weaknesses. We are sorrowful yet rejoicing.

Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟147,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I'm not keeping up with the joneses these people I see are believers. People say if God does it for me he'll do it for you and that's not always true it seems. Blessed with friends, a spouse, Good mental health, God speaks to them constantly and other people like me get the absolute opposite.

It makes me not want anything to do with Gid honestly.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟147,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've felt the same way recently. Everyone shared their joy but not my sorrow and my thirst for God. He helped me.

Don't give up. God does want you to be happy. Never give up no matter the failure, fear, confusion or doubt.
I'm trying not to give up. I feel like I can't get out of this hole.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,779.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not keeping up with the joneses these people I see are believers. People say if God does it for me he'll do it for you and that's not always true it seems. Blessed with friends, a spouse, Good mental health, God speaks to them constantly and other people like me get the absolute opposite.

It makes me not want anything to do with Gid honestly.
"People say..." I think they are feeding you with nonsense. Thats not how it works. We all have different blessings and very individual life paths.

You can have friends, spouse or mental health, of course. But its not something that simply comes, it requires some work, some circumstances and some "luck". And having a spouse does not need to be a win at all, IRL.

Also, consider that you see just a facade of other people's life. Its never so ideal behind the closed doors and quite frequently, if you just wait, you will see how their life is getting down suddenly or gradually, with money, divorces, health, children complications and other problems you might be saved from, not even realizing it, because its not in your focus.

Its always better to focus on your own blessings, your own problems (solving them) and possibly to take some inspiration from the success of others, but do not take their words too seriously and their current situation as stable forever or as better in everything than your situation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟728,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Happiness is typically characterized by a more intense and fleeting emotion, contentment is a longer-lasting, stable sense of peace and satisfaction.

Praying the Lord will bring peace to your heart and mind so you may become content. Amen.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟147,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"People say..." I think they are feeding you with nonsense. Thats not how it works. We all have different blessings and very individual life paths.

You can have friends, spouse or mental health, of course. But its not something that simply comes, it requires some work, some circumstances and some "luck". And having a spouse does not need to be a win at all, IRL.

Also, consider that you see just a facade of other people's life. Its never so ideal behind the closed doors and quite frequently, if you just wait, you will see how their life is getting down suddenly or gradually, with money, divorces, health, children complications and other problems you might be saved from, not even realizing it, because its not in your focus.

Its always better to focus on your own blessings, your own problems (solving them) and possibly to take some inspiration from the success of others, but do not take their words too seriously and their current situation as stable forever or as better in everything than your situation.
I agree with this. We do have very individual lives and different paths. However, I would like someone to spend my life with.

Upvote 0

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟30,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Does God want you to be happy? He gave you Jesus...

John 10:7-10 NIV

"Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,779.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree with this. We do have very individual lives and different paths. However, I would like someone to spend my life with.
Its good to be mentally healthy, for that. So, I would focus on solving this issue as the first one. It will both help you to find somebody good and to keep him.

Try a keto or a carnivore diet. Plant poisons, antinutrients and hormonal disruptors should be taken out of your diet completely (including teas, coffee, cocoa, sugar and similar "common things"), if you have a mental health problem. Be mindful also about added poisons (like pesticides) and hormones - even in some low quality, non-organic milk products or meat - not just in plants.

I hope these videos will help you on your journey to full health:

But consider that also fully healthy people frequently do not have "happily ever after" marriages, its simply not so idealistic as it is marketed and the closest person to you may become your closest enemy quite fast. Go for the health as your priority, but be careful with marriage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟27,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time.

If God is missing from our life, there is a void, and we will try to fill that void with something. What we try, will not make us happy, even if it gives temporary satisfaction.
It's best to try to find God, by getting to know him better. Once we do, we will experience that inner joy.
Our problems won't go away all together, and we wouldn't instantly get a spouse, but we will experience true contentment, joy, and peace of mind.
We will also gain lots of friends.

Giving up on God, is the worst choice we can make.
Many came to that realization. Some tried, and made it back to God.

If you ever need a friend to talk to, PM me, please.

Reactions: Joseph G
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums