✟431,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Hi KisKatte,

Welcome to the Oriental Orthodox forum! It's nice to see you here. I recognize you from TAW. :) I'm sorry no one got to your OP before now. There are not very many of us on this website, and sadly I do not often check this place, precisely because it is so dead 99.9% of the time. So it looks like I missed whatever was in your OP before it was edited on Wednesday, but I wanted to say hello anyway. We may not be many here on CF, but I think we're mostly a friendly people! If you have any question about the Oriental Orthodox faith and practice, here would be a good place to ask it, though I am really only intimately familiar with the Coptic Orthodox practice in particular (the OO are much more varied in this regard than what you're probably used to in the EO church).

Anyway, I hope everything is going well in your life, and please feel free to come to this forum at any time! It's nice to have visitors. And even though I don't know what was in the OP originally, I will add my prayers to Michie's, since it's always good to pray at all times. May God give you strength, protection, and peace in every situation.

Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟484,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I have no idea. I haven't seen him around in quite a while.

Yeah unfortunately it looks like he hasn’t been around since May.

So out of curiosity have you ever visited any OO churches other than the Coptic church? I have spent roughly an equal amount of time in Coptic and Syriac Orthodox parishes.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟431,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I have not. I was received into the Church in Albuquerque, NM when I was living there in 2012. It was so isolated relative to whatever else was out there that to baptize we had to travel 6 hours to the next nearest parish, St. Mark's in Scottsdale, AZ, as our community in Albuquerque at that time met in a private home that obviously did not have a baptismal font.

Upvote 0