✟12,193.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

Suffering, no one likes to suffer, I am referrig to suffering that is not our fault, if it os your own fault (for example u commit a crime and go to jail, spending all ur money on drugs etc), well u have urself to blame. We have many examples of innocent suffering in the bible like Job, Paul etc. We have examples in our own life and observing others. Thing is, I have studied suffering, know all the answers like for example free will, sin of Adam and Eve, Satan and demons, God's thoughts and ways are not ours etc. But thing is, still not really satisfied and in peace with the answers. Suffering aint fun at all. Somehow trying to find a way to be really at peace when there is suffering. I am kinda disagreeing with God on the suffering stuff, it seems I am trying to not loose respect for God, trying not to think that God is not good, kinda having to force myself somehow, disappointed in God sometimes.
How can we handle suffering like a pro, how to crack this code ?

Br,

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟588,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Compassion is needed, not just explanation.

And first answer to God, instead of trying to make Him answer to us.

Pray so we are submitting to God and encouraged, and see what He has us do.

Do not let suffering decide how you see things, because evil wants to get us to give up on God and not have hope.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟912,957.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Suffering, no one likes to suffer, I am referrig to suffering that is not our fault, if it os your own fault (for example u commit a crime and go to jail, spending all ur money on drugs etc), well u have urself to blame. We have many examples of innocent suffering in the bible like Job, Paul etc. We have examples in our own life and observing others. Thing is, I have studied suffering, know all the answers like for example free will, sin of Adam and Eve, Satan and demons, God's thoughts and ways are not ours etc. But thing is, still not really satisfied and in peace with the answers. Suffering aint fun at all. Somehow trying to find a way to be really at peace when there is suffering. I am kinda disagreeing with God on the suffering stuff, it seems I am trying to not loose respect for God, trying not to think that God is not good, kinda having to force myself somehow, disappointed in God sometimes.

Br,
Love.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟760,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Trying to be charitable ( Matthew 6:1-4, Isaiah 58:6-7 etc.) & prayer for others & ourselves for salvation and daily needs as free as possible from suffering, hardship etc. ( Matthew 6:9-13, 1 Timothy 2:1-6). We have to realize that whatever good we might do is a gift from God ( James 1:16-17).

As an able bodied person, I would think for those unfortunately suffering in pain, hardships, poverty, illness etc. A sustained hope for one’s self & neighbor of any relief in daily life & no more suffering in everlasting life. Love, faith, hope for as many as possible ( 1 Corinthians 13:4-13).

Reactions: Joseph G
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟700,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi,

Br,

No suffering isn't fun and I'm a pro... Not one "fun" thing in it.

But there are awesome things to be found in it nonetheless.

I wouldn't be the same person if I hadn't become disabled. When I became disabled I thought I was "all that..." Being disabled showed me the facade.

It also taught me strength, and where strength comes from, and ultimately, it brought me to Christ.

I'm not sure I'd be saved if my life hadn't taken this particular turn.

Every day of my life for nearly a quarter century can best be described as a living hell without any relief...

But there's relief even so. There's hope even here. There's joy to be found in Christ, no matter what you face.

I found out something super important though:

but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Isn't about walking and running at all! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟588,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Suffering, no one likes to suffer, I am referrig to suffering that is not our fault, if it os your own fault (for example u commit a crime and go to jail, spending all ur money on drugs etc), well u have urself to blame.
That can be true, but there can be more suffering than you deserve; because if you have done things in Satan's kingdom . . . the results are never fair. Now, you might have done what does not deserve so much suffering, of course; but yes it would be your fault if you did things without sharing with God and obeying Him.

And, of course, while doing something wrong or foolish, are missing out on sharing with God like we could.

"'Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.'" (Matthew 11:29)

Upvote 0

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟29,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
...trying not to think that God is not good...
Sorry to be blunt, but whose influence would you say this conclusion belongs to?

Is God good or not? The choice is entirely ours, and we have to live with the consequences of our choice. He won't let us straddle the fence forever - demanding He perform to OUR expectations. If sacrificing His Son isn't enough to satisfy our need for a demonstration of His goodness, what will be enough?

Job 40:2 NASB

"Will the faultfinder contend with the Almighty?
Let him who rebukes God give an answer.”

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟81,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi,

Br,
The more suffering I see the more I depend on God. I know that He will punish sin and give strength to those who see justice and kindness as a better option.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding” (Proverbs 3:5). The verse instructs us to put all our trust in the Lord and not our own knowledge. The verse tells us not to be reliant on our strength and knowledge, but to trust in the Lord.
Meaning of Proverbs 3:5.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you want to know the end of matter start at the beginning. That's where the seeds were planted and the foundation laid. Everything that occurs afterwards supports your instruction or seeks to reform it.

So what were you taught? What was your understanding of right and wrong and how was it addressed? What are your recollections on personal responsibility? Were your mistakes acknowledged, overlooked or explained away? Your answers to those questions are the framework for your morality and decisions.

My parents were no nonsense. If we erred they brought it up. It wasn't swept under the rug. We understood the consequences of misbehavior and our infractions were addressed before punishment occurred. Cause and effect were well ingrained for those reasons and finger-pointing wasn't permitted. We couldn't cite another's behavior or mistakes to justify our own. We were told that wasn't our business and returned to the matter at hand.

I knew at an early age that choices had consequences and the payday maybe unpleasant. You'd be surprised how compelling that is when you're young or out with peers. It's the quiet voice in the back of your head that keeps you on the straight and narrow.

Does that mean you never err or do something dumb? Of course not. But it does suggest you're less likely to expect you'll get away with it or waste time on blame and deflections. It teaches you personal ownership and that might be the best thing that I've gotten or in the top three at least.

Suffering is hard because the majority feel they're not to blame or someone acted worse but they're not in the same boat. It's difficult because there's no conception of cumulative over lengthy periods. If you keep avoiding censure or the consequences are mild continuity is likely. You haven't learned that you should stop and keep going.

The laws of reaping and sowing aren't man's accounting. The terms lone should be enough to have us quaking in our boots but we rarely do. We often forget it's agricultural. Planting a seed isn't always a 1-to-1 return. One seed can bring forth several things. The harvest rarely mirrors what you've started with.

Now apply it in light of the word. If one seed can bring forth many things so too can one mistake, poor decision, bad connection and so on. Replication is part of the principle and that's spelled out in folds in the bible. We see 30 fold, 60 fold and 100. Everyone assumes that's only applicable to the good. But the principle began in the natural and that still holds true.

The culmination of those things contributes to our woes. It isn't tit for tat. The result may be unrelated but that doesn't mean we didn't bear some part in its arrival. When you understand the reality we're adding to and from our lives it forces you to be more discriminating and view the scriptures under a different light.

Consider the passage in James for example. The bible instructs us to do the following:

Understand this, my beloved brothers and sisters. Let everyone be quick to hear [be a careful, thoughtful listener], slow to speak [a speaker of carefully chosen words and], slow to anger [patient, reflective, forgiving];

It's warning you to do those things for a reason. Ask yourself what happened when you didn't. Few read the bible in that fashion but it's more insightful when you do. What happened when you didn't heed those proverbs and so on? If you do it enough you'll realize the fallacy of blamelessness, woe is me and other self-deceptions.

You'll start owning your mess and begging for forgiveness and start pleading for wisdom and the Lord's counsel. You realize you've been the fool more times than you can count and the thought of another round is enough to make you sick.

You have to get tired of your stupidity and hard headedness. You have to stop playing the victim and feeling everything's against you. You have to be willing to look in the mirror and confront your ugliness and wretchedness. Then you're ready for what follows.

Suffering can be a rung in Dante's hell or a much needed opportunity for soul searching and growth. The more you push against it the harder it becomes. It's the medicine Gibran speaks of his writings. Acceptance begins with acknowledgement and that's always repentance followed by prayer, release and gratitude. It could be worse but it's not.

Start where you are. If you struggle with anger or bitterness deal with that. Take one bite at a time don't try to tackle everything at once. You have a lot of resistance. How did you get that way? Put it under a microscope and confront it. Have a heart to heart with yourself and make a commitment to heal. You'll be in a better place and that's when you'll discover the true meaning of joy and peace.

It's not based on others or circumstances. It's who you are inside. I am joy...peace...love...and so on.

~bella

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟19,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Realize that this world is a veil of tears, and its going to Thorn you.

So, accept it, and deal with it., just like everyone has to deal with it.

The world nailed Jesus to a Tree and cut off Paul's head, and all the apostles, except for John, were murdered.

Be glad you have a Big Screen ,and a pretty good life, as it could have been like theirs...

There is no safe haven that allows anyone to live down here and not face hardship and pain.

Why?
Because this world is controlled by the Devil, and the Devil is a cruel psychopath who enjoys hatred, pain, and torture.
He has created a "world system" that thrives on deceit, misery, loss. and regret.

Upvote 0

chrisdmeadows

Apr 23, 2024
Cantonment
✟394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Br,
For me, and it's only recently I've learned this, it's about control.

But, really, it's about not being in control. Sure, I am in control of my own life but what I cannot control is the actions of others, the actions of nature or the what actions God takes. My attempt at trying to control these actions, experiences, and events is what drove a lot of my suffering.

I hit my hand into a wall yesterday, by mistake, and it hurt all day long as a result. That type of suffering, as you suggested, is something I inflicted upon myself and, therefore, have to accept it as fact (with the understanding that it will get better - and it did).

For suffering that happens thru events for which I cannot control, I've learned that the best way to get through it is by contentment. Being content in whatever situation life finds me at the moment.

My 87-year-old mother lives with me now because of very late-stage dementia. This is not something for which I can control. I suffer every day I see her in this state, especially when she doesn't recognize me as her child and asks, constantly where she is. I used to ask God all the time why He allowed this to happen to her and why I, as her only child, had to deal with it. Honestly, I've been mad at God several times over it.

But recently I've discovered this is something I cannot control, and I have to understand this is something God knew was going to happen, let happen and will continue to let happen as long as my mom is on this side of Glory. Knowing I cannot control it, I do my best to find contentment in the situation. I believe it takes a lot of faith, not just in this, but in any type of suffering to see God's hand at work and know that what is happening will, at some point, today or in Heaven, make sense and make me a better person.

I hope and pray you find peace and an answer.

Be blessed!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟81,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You're very welcome, though thanks mainly go to The Lord and His servant, the late great Charles Stanley. I know his sermons have certainly helped me through trials, thank you Lord.
After spending years in Mormonism, I discovered joy in watching Charles Stanley on TV.

Reactions: Pop D.
Upvote 0