Visit site
✟481,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

1:27 How did Our Lady bring you to the faith 3:10 Experiences of the Demonic and the Miraculous Power of the Rosary 9:04 The Power of Marian Apparitions 14:29 Is Our Lady an obstacle to Anglicans? 16:41 The Power of Prayer in Conversion 20:35 Conversion of Grandmother through Our Lady 22:55 Catholicism and the Supernatural 26:05 Why Our Lady appears to children 27:15 Holy Eucharist in Gavin's Conversion 35:12 Eucharistic Miracles 38:09 Giving up everything to become Catholic 39:40 More on the Eucharisic Miracle of Bolsena 41:43 The Great St. Padre Pio 47:12 Times of Persecution and Gavin's Apostolate 48:49 A former Anglican's take on the current Church crisis 54:26 Importance of the Catholic Church's Magisterium 55:31 The ordinariate and the desire for Catholic priesthood 1:00:05 Our Lady as Co-Redemptrix

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,261,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

1:27 How did Our Lady bring you to the faith 3:10 Experiences of the Demonic and the Miraculous Power of the Rosary 9:04 The Power of Marian Apparitions 14:29 Is Our Lady an obstacle to Anglicans? 16:41 The Power of Prayer in Conversion 20:35 Conversion of Grandmother through Our Lady 22:55 Catholicism and the Supernatural 26:05 Why Our Lady appears to children 27:15 Holy Eucharist in Gavin's Conversion 35:12 Eucharistic Miracles 38:09 Giving up everything to become Catholic 39:40 More on the Eucharisic Miracle of Bolsena 41:43 The Great St. Padre Pio 47:12 Times of Persecution and Gavin's Apostolate 48:49 A former Anglican's take on the current Church crisis 54:26 Importance of the Catholic Church's Magisterium 55:31 The ordinariate and the desire for Catholic priesthood 1:00:05 Our Lady as Co-Redemptrix
This video brought up for me a question that was asked in CF about a year ago. There are Eucharistic miracles in Catholic and Orthodox circles. Do these also happen in Lutheran and Anglican and Methodist and Protestant circles? In Pentecostal circles where other miracles happen?

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟481,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
This video brought up for me a question that was asked in CF about a year ago. There are Eucharistic miracles in Catholic and Orthodox circles. Do these also happen in Lutheran and Anglican and Methodist and Protestant circles? In Pentecostal circles where other miracles happen?
I don't ever hear about them, because it has to be the REAL Presence.
His Body and Blood is not offended and showing the REAL Presence where the Church does recognize their ordinations.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,261,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I don't ever hear about them, because it has to be the REAL Presence.
His Body and Blood is not offended and showing the REAL Presence where the Church does recognize their ordinations.
That's what the theology says. I'm asking if the practice and the theology are in sync.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟481,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
That's what the theology says. I'm asking if the practice and the theology are in sync.
I have not heard of any.

Also, they're illicit, they are not able to consecrate the Eucharist.
AND THAT ASIDE:
Also too, as this man is well knowing of the Church of England, he notes only Catholics have the miracles.
Certainly, if any existed in his previous Anglican church, the miracles of the Catholic Eucharist would not amaze nor impress.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,261,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I have not heard of any.
Nor have I. Which is why I was asking. Are they rare or non-existent.
Also too, as this man is well knowing of the Church of England, he notes only Catholics have the miracles.
Certainly, if any existed in his previous Anglican church, the miracles of the Catholic Eucharist would not amaze nor impress.
I'm wondering if they don't have miracles because they simply do not expect miracles. Or because there are none. You can't see what you don't believe.

I am looking at the absence or presence of Eucharistic miracles as a separate path of understanding where apostolic Christianity exists outside of using a strictly doctrinal approach. For example, doctrinally Catholics know the Orthodox have a valid Eucharist. And they have Eucharistic miracles. But the Orthodox often deny that Catholics have a valid Eucharist, so I suspect they would also deny that there are Eucharistic miracles in Catholic circles. I was hoping to hear if any Lutherans or Anglicans or other Protestants, particularly among the more charismatic side that accept miracles also had any Eucharistic miracles.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟481,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Nor have I. Which is why I was asking. Are they rare or non-existent.

I'm wondering if they don't have miracles because they simply do not expect miracles. Or because there are none. You can't see what you don't believe.

I am looking at the absence or presence of Eucharistic miracles as a separate path of understanding where apostolic Christianity exists outside of using a strictly doctrinal approach. For example, doctrinally Catholics know the Orthodox have a valid Eucharist. And they have Eucharistic miracles. But the Orthodox often deny that Catholics have a valid Eucharist, so I suspect they would also deny that there are Eucharistic miracles in Catholic circles. I was hoping to hear if any Lutherans or Anglicans or other Protestants, particularly among the more charismatic side that accept miracles also had any Eucharistic miracles.
The Lord is not the sower of confusion.

Are other miracles possible?
Yes.

But not these types of miracles.

THE EO can deny the miracles of the Catholic Eucharist all they like. But the science behind the miracles are not falsified.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,261,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The Lord is not the sower of confusion.

Are other miracles possible?
Yes.

But not these types of miracles.

THE EO can deny the miracles of the Catholic Eucharist all they like. But the science behind the miracles are not falsified.
Waiting to hear any evidence of non-Orthodox non-Catholic Eucharistic miracles. Anyone?

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,777,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Waiting to hear any evidence of non-Orthodox non-Catholic Eucharistic miracles. Anyone?
I used to be Protestant. Never heard of one but what they call communion is not anything like what Catholics and the Orthodox believe and experience.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,777,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟162,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I used to be Protestant. Never heard of one but what they call communion is not anything like what Catholics and the Orthodox believe and experience.
What Protestant denomination did you belong to? I’ve read conflicting things about Lutheran communion. Is theirs the body and blood of Christ?

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟258,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
What Protestant denomination did you belong to? I’ve read conflicting things about Lutheran communion. Is theirs the body and blood of Christ?
From a Catholic perspective, Lutherans do not have valid holy orders, so their communion isn’t truly the body and blood of Christ. Only the ancient apostolic Churches have the true body and blood of Christ.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟258,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
There are some Anglican Eucharistic miracles, but they aren’t heard of much. I haven’t heard of any Lutheran Eucharistic miracles, and Methodists only believe in a spiritual presence.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,777,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I belonged to several. And no, they do not believe in transubstantiation. We are talking plastic cups, oyster crackers and grape juice here. Maybe once a month if at all.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟162,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I belonged to several. And no, they do not believe in transubstantiation. We are talking plastic cups, oyster crackers and grape juice here. Maybe once a month if at all.
I went to a church like that for awhile except they weren’t oyster crackers. The hosts were tiny squares of bread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟162,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Bless their hearts…they mean well. :)

One thing I will say is they are very careful to mention not taking it under unrepentant sin.
I don’t remember now, but the church I’m talking about was non denominational and I dont think they said that there.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟481,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
There are some Anglican Eucharistic miracles, but they aren’t heard of much. I haven’t heard of any Lutheran Eucharistic miracles, and Methodists only believe in a spiritual presence.
The Anglican in union with Rome?
The Bishop converted from Anglican / Church of England because Catholics have miracles of the Eucharist. :crossrc:

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,261,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
From a Catholic perspective, Lutherans do not have valid holy orders, so their communion isn’t truly the body and blood of Christ. Only the ancient apostolic Churches have the true body and blood of Christ.
More or less. But it's complicated by two things that make it a little bit up in the air. First is that some Lutherans and some Anglicans have worked hard to restore apostolic succession after having deliberately 86ing it in the past. And again some Lutherans do stress the Real Presence. Soooo, the old simple answer of their ordinations not being valid may not be totally true for all Lutherans today. I could just barely see it that some kind of Lutherans do have a valid Eucharist. Not all. Some. So I could almost see it that they could have a few Eucharistic miracles.

There was a lot of footwork done years ago on this by the Lutheran-Catholic dialogues. It was premature then and may be premature now but it does need to be looked at again. Maybe by a new and more careful orthodox pope and some conservative but not closed off Lutherans could find themselves in communion again. Kind of like the Anglican Ordinariate, but they did go with a hard re-ordination when coming into the Catholic Church.

Upvote 0