Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I wonder why B. O. doesn't run again and how many would be interested in him again?

Twenty-Second Amendment

Section 1​

No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this Article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

Section 2​

This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years from the date of its submission to the States by the Congress.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Twenty-Second Amendment

Section 1​

No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this Article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

Section 2​

This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years from the date of its submission to the States by the Congress.
But he was reelected,bus that different.?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟445,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I wonder why B. O. doesn't run again and how many would be interested in him again?

He doesn't need to run again:
Some believe he is currently the one 'running' things in the Biden Administration. (Term #3)
Some also believe his wife Michelle will replace Biden, and run for president in 2024. (Term #4)

... just sayin'

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,200,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
He doesn't need to run again:
Some believe he is currently the one 'running' things in the Biden Administration. (Term #3)
Some also believe his wife Michelle will replace Biden, and run for president in 2024. (Term #4)

... just sayin'
People believe all kinds of baseless things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟916,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How many would vote for Michelle? NOT ME!
I can’t say for certain without knowing what policies she would run on, but I suspect they would line up with my values.

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟454,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How many would vote for Michelle? NOT ME!
If her opponent were Trump, I certainly would vote for Michelle. Probably would with Ramaswamy. DeSantis. undecided.

If it were Nikki Haley or any other policy focused Republican, then no vote for Michelle. I'd camp out overnight if I had to in order to vote for Nikki.

Upvote 0

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟162,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It would have been preferable had you specified it was Barack Obama, as I had no idea until others specified it.

As others have noted, you can serve two terms as president due to the 22nd Amendment, so he's ineligible. If someone becomes president midway through a term (e.g. the president dies or otherwise leaves office and the vice president becomes president), then whether it counts as one term for this purpose depends on its length; if it's 2 or more years, then it counts as a term (allowing them to only be elected as president once), but if it is less than 2 years then they can be elected two more times.

There is one other exception, technically: The 22nd Amendment does say that it does not apply to the person who is president at the time of its passing, which was Harry Truman. But he died more than 50 years ago, so that doesn't matter anymore. I guess if he comes back as a zombie he could run for re-election.

In regards to how many would vote for Obama again if he were eligible? Based on polling information, Obama would probably win re-election pretty handily. At least as of last year, he had +11% favorability, which utterly trounces Biden and Trump, who are are at about -11% favorability. Maybe Obama's edge would decrease if he were running again (his favorability rates while in office were much lower), but it does seem he'd have a very high chance of being re-elected.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It would have been preferable had you specified it was Barack Obama, as I had no idea until others specified it.

As others have noted, you can serve two terms as president due to the 22nd Amendment, so he's ineligible. If someone becomes president midway through a term (e.g. the president dies or otherwise leaves office and the vice president becomes president), then whether it counts as one term for this purpose depends on its length; if it's 2 or more years, then it counts as a term (allowing them to only be elected as president once), but if it is less than 2 years then they can be elected two more times.

There is one other exception, technically: The 22nd Amendment does say that it does not apply to the person who is president at the time of its passing, which was Harry Truman. But he died more than 50 years ago, so that doesn't matter anymore. I guess if he comes back as a zombie he could run for re-election.

In regards to how many would vote for Obama again if he were eligible? Based on polling information, Obama would probably win re-election pretty handily. At least as of last year, he had +11% favorability, which utterly trounces Biden and Trump, who are are at about -11% favorability. Maybe Obama's edge would decrease if he were running again (his favorability rates while in office were much lower), but it does seem he'd have a very high chance of being re-elected.
Sorry, it's easier to use letters then spell it out.

Upvote 0