U.E.S.I.C.
Jan 2, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟350.00
Faith
Christian
TWELVE.

1. ISRAEL'S NATIONAL BAPTISM UNTO MOSES (1 Cor 10:1-4) This was a 'dry' baptism for Israel went through the sea dryshod. The Egyptians were immersed, but not baptized.

2. DIVERS BAPTISMS OF ISRAEL'S RELIGION (Heb 6:2; 9:10) These were Levitical water washings of purification, and were to be forgotten.

3. TRADITIONAL JEWISH BAPTISM CEREMONIES (Mark 7:1-7) These Jesus denounced as making void the Word of God. The water ceremonies of baptizing their hands, cups, pots, pans, couches, etc, had been added to Judaism by the rabbis.

4. JOHN'S MASS BAPTISM OF REPENTENCE (Luke 3:3) This water baptism for the remission of sins had for its purpose the introduction to Israel of Jesus as Messiah (John 1:31). Those who had received this baptism had need to be taught the Word of God more perfectly before they could be in adjustment to God's truth for today (Acts 18:25-26).

5. CHRIST'S BAPTISM IN WATER (Matt 3:13-15) This baptism was to fulfill all righteousness. It was a unique baptism, for Christ had no need to be baptized for remission of sins. No other person could be baptized to fulfill all righteousness. No one could ever follow the Lord in this baptism.

6. CHRIST'S BAPTISM IN DEATH (Luke 12:50; Mark 10:38-39) This took place more than three years after He had been baptized with water of John for identification with Israel. See Rom 6:3-4; Gal 3:27; Col 2:12.

7. NOAH'S TYPICAL BAPTISM (1 Pet 3:20-21) The judgment of the flood never touched Noah, but it did beat against the ark. The millions of ungodly men and women were immersed and eternally lost. Christ's baptism is the antitype of this baptism of the ark. Peter tells us that it is this saving baptism of Christ which now saves us even as Noah was saved through the 'baptism' of the ark.

8. HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM OF POWER (Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4-5) This was one of the signs for Israel propheseid by Joel (Joel 2:28-29; Acts 2:14-21). This baptism was not the means of imparting the Holy Spirit unto the disciples, for they had received the Holy Spirit before (Jhn 20:22); but rather it was the the clothing of them with power from on high to perform their ministry of the Kingdom and will yet be seen in its fullest manifestation.

9. BLOOD BAPTISM OF MARTYRS (1 Cor 15:29)

10. HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM OF FIRE (Matt 3:11) This is plainly a baptism of judgment when the chaff shall be burned with unquenchable fire. This baptism is yet future.

11. WATER BAPTISM IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS (Acts 2:38) This is the baptism commanded in the commission of Mark 16:15-18, to be followed by miraculous signs.

12. THE BAPTISM BY THE HOLY SPIRIT INTO THE BODY OF CHRIST (1 Cor 12:13) This is the divinely wrought baptism which identifies believers of this dispensation with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection, and this incorporates them as members into His church which is His Body. This is the "one baptism" associated with the Spirit and the Body in Eph. 4:4-6.

OBSERVE: Of Scripture's twelve distinct baptisms, 1, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 12 are accomplished without water (they are "dry" baptisms).

The remaining five Scriptural baptisms (2, 3, 4, 5, and 11) were ceremonies or rituals involving water.

But given the clear Jewish/Messianic purposes connected with those five, none of them have any possible application to believers today as that would contradict #12, the "one baptism" of Ephesians 4:5.

(1 baptism + 1 baptism =2 baptisms, not 1)

o.

cry2Him

Mar 5, 2004
✟115.00
Faith
Non-Denom
10. HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM OF FIRE (Matt 3:11)
end quote

If we will seek HIM in this humbly - HE will tell you HIS fire is for now as well -

Yahshua (Jesus) says "it consecrates"
Malachi 3:
2. But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:
3. And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness.

and HE says "increase by this" - i asked HIM does the body increase by this, HE says "I do" - that is HIM. Acts 2 - the fire came on them and the body increased that day - HE did. HE also says "this is the substance by which the gifts of the Holy Spirit operate". Then furthermore HE said "it facilitates" - makes it easier for us to draw closer to HIM. Awesome Yahshua (Jesus) has a baptism to be baptized with - ask for this humbly from HIM - say "yes to the fire!" if you will. Matthew 3:11, Luke 3:16, Luke 12:49, Gospel of Thomas 10 and 82

82) Jesus said, "He who is near Me is near the fire, and he who is far from Me is far from the Kingdom."
10) Jesus said, "I have cast fire upon the world, and see, I am guarding it until it blazes."

may HE bring us closer - Yahshua is worthy of all praise!

cry2Him@yahoo.com

Upvote 0

cry2Him

Mar 5, 2004
✟115.00
Faith
Non-Denom
i do not claim to be a prophet nor am i speaking of future events in this post - HE is for now and HIS baptism. Hearing HIM is for everybody; YHWH commanded us to hear HIM. If you are unsure ask HIM, in earnest and in humbleness - don't false accuse - be safe and sure and ask Yahshua (Jesus) - HE is TRUTH and not some fabrication.

Matthew 17:5. While HE yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is MY beloved Son, in whom I AM well pleased; hear ye HIM.

and then again in Mark 9:7. And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is MY beloved Son: hear HIM.

and again in Luke 9:35. And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is MY beloved Son: hear HIM.

and again John 10:1. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
2. But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3. To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
4. And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

Yahshua (Jesus) said:
John 12:
46. I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
47. And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
48. He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. 49. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
50. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

and once more HEAR HIM

20. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
22. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Yahshua is the light of the world, this is a time of darkness - it is necessary to Hear HIM - hearing HIM is for you!

Upvote 0

orthotomeo

U.E.S.I.C.
Jan 2, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟350.00
Faith
Christian
"i do not claim to be a prophet nor am i speaking of future events in this post"

One doesn't have to predict the future to be a prophet. A prophet is someone who gets direct, extrabiblical revelation from God. That's what you said has happened. So by simply saying "He told me..." you set yourself up as a prophet.

Since what you claim Christ told you is false, you make Him a liar. But He doesn't lie. That makes you the liar. That makes you a false prophet.

o.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.