Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think for me I am more reflective and I review my decisions, words and actions. It enables me to see and realize how far I am from the self I want to be.
And more importantly, it has helped me to change my attitude an dbehavior..

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟913,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think for me I am more reflective and I review my decisions, words and actions. It enables me to see and realize how far I am from the self I want to be.
And more importantly, it has helped me to change my attitude an dbehavior..
My faith in Jesus Christ of Nazareth gives me the courage to change from doing my will into doing His will. His Holy Spirit, our Comforter, guilds me daily in all aspects of my life. As an ongoing process, I continually learn about His will in my life. A dramatic change from quenching Him in the past.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

Beslowtoanger

Carrying my cross daily
Aug 25, 2023
Midlands
✟8,837.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I’m very much like you…..what flows through me is the quest for good. My guidance through the Holy Spirit is with me in all my thoughts, especially when I am led to temptation, close to sin, or words that are not Christian. The Spirit speaks before I speak or act. Once we are born again, the work begins…..

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟285,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am aware that at times in my life my "faith" was just a naïve fantasy. Perhaps it helped me to clean up some behaviors but did it really inspire me to take up a cross? Even today I still shun my crosses. At times my faith seems conditional. If all is good I am on cloud 9. Faith is icing on my happy cake and a happy song to sing on Sunday. When the real challenges come, the crosses. I am a mess. Fortunately the there are Psalms to help express and thus share my state.

Reactions: Beslowtoanger
Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟763,537.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm up and down. I've had far too many experiences to doubt God is there but He can be frustrating. We had a song last weekend which included the words "I have tried you in fires of affliction". My trials have been far easier than those of many other people but there have been difficult times just the same.

The other side of the coin is that "faith" includes having other people around who share a similar background and who put it into practice.

"No man is an island" wrote John Donne, and although he was painting with a broader brush, our faith is meant to be communal as well as individual.

In the meantime I keep plodding towards the goal as St. Paul wrote, but in my case it's two steps forward and then one backward, three forward and four backward, fall flat on my face, get up, plod another three steps, then two back ...

Reactions: 65James
Upvote 0