How does a young Earth (no ice ages) explain large areas of rock scouring? Can anything but glaciers do this?

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Above are some images of what I mean. Some are immense areas showing immense forces must have been in play. I just don't see how a flood could do this. But what about Continental Drift? This seems to have happened after the Tower of Babel though it's strange it's not even mentioned in the Bible. You'd think this would have monumental impact on people's lives as it would be like living under a never ending earthquake!

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟93,312.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Above are some images of what I mean. Some are immense areas showing immense forces must have been in play. I just don't see how a flood could do this. But what about Continental Drift? This seems to have happened after the Tower of Babel though it's strange it's not even mentioned in the Bible. You'd think this would have monumental impact on people's lives as it would be like living under a never ending earthquake!
The flood was not just water going up and down, it was a global catasrophe. I recommend this video

To your other question, why other world catastrophes were not in the Bible. It's because the Bible is about the Saviour of the World and His earthly lineage. From creation to fall, to redemption. God promised the Saviour in genesis 3 and that's what the rest of the Bible is about. Also, the Bible is about God's chosen pepple and His love for them. No need to mention wolrd catastrophes unless they are related or God wants us to know us about them.

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Continents on the move

Psalm 136
6 To him that stretched out the earth above the waters: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟913,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no evidence of either young or old. What I do know from scripture is "there is nothing new under the sun" so moot point.

That which has been is what will be,
That which is done is what will be done,
And there is nothing new under the sun.

Blessings

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟297,995.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Continents on the move

Psalm 136
6 To him that stretched out the earth above the waters: for his mercy endureth for ever.
The passage says that God stretched out the earth above tehom, the deep. This has nothing to do with continents drifting overtop of magma.

Screenshot_20230917-074142~2.png

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟297,995.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The photo doesn't show earth being stretched out
That's because the image is post-creation. Ie, it's already stretched out over the waters.

To him who spread out the earth above the waters, for his loyal love endures forever.
Psalms 136:6
Screenshot_20230917-074142~2.png

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's because the image is post-creation. Ie, it's already stretched out over the waters.

To him who spread out the earth above the waters, for his loyal love endures forever.
View attachment 336448
It's not a image but a drawing of a hypothesis with one land mass and two rivers

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟297,995.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's not a image but a drawing of a hypothesis with one land mass and two rivers

Countless ancient Near East documents and artifacts verify this understanding of scripture. It's not so much a hypothesis as it is simple historical observation.

It's also verified by the biblical text.

And God said, “Let there be a dome in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.”
Genesis 1:6

God made the dome, and separated the waters which were below the dome from the waters which were above the dome; and it was so. God called the dome heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day.
Genesis 1:7‭-‬8

And God said, “Let there be lights in the dome of the sky to separate the day from the night; and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years,
Genesis 1:14

In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep burst forth, and the windows of the heavens were opened.
Genesis 7:11

the fountains of the deep and the windows of the heavens were closed, the rain from the heavens was restrained,
Genesis 8:2

And God said, “Let the waters bring forth swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the face of the dome of the sky.”
Genesis 1:20

And he dreamed that there was a ladder set up on the earth, the top of it reaching to heaven; and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it. And the Lord stood beside him [or stood above it] and said, “I am the Lord, the God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac; the land on which you lie I will give to you and to your offspring;
Genesis 28:12‭-‬13

“You shall not make for yourself a divine image with any form that is in the heavens above or that is in the earth below or that is in the water below the earth.
Exodus 20:4

and they saw the God of Israel. Under his feet there was something like a pavement of sapphire stone, like the very heaven for clearness.
Exodus 24:10

Thick clouds enwrap him, so that he does not see, and he walks on the dome of heaven.’
Job 22:14

He has described a circle [earths shape] on the face of the water between light and darkness. “The pillars of heaven tremble, and they are astounded at his rebuke.
Job 26:10‭-‬11

Can you, like him, spread out the skies, hard as a molten mirror?
Job 37:18

Hast thou with him spread out the sky, Which is strong, and as a molten looking glass?

can you join him in spreading out the skies, hard as a mirror of cast bronze?

Have you entered the storehouse of the snow, or seen the armory of the hail,
Job 38:22
God stores his weapons and mana in storehouses to help the isrealites in battle, and to give gifts to His people.

So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.
Joshua 10:13

Yet in all the world their line goes out, and their words to the end of the world. In them he has pitched a tent for the sun,
Psalms 19:4

The tree that you saw, which grew great and strong, so that its top reached to heaven and was visible to the end of the whole earth,
Daniel 4:20

The Lord sits enthroned over the flood; the Lord sits enthroned as king forever.
Psalms 29:10

Yet he commanded the skies above and opened the doors of heaven,
Psalm 78:23

you set the beams of your chambers on the waters, you make the clouds your chariot, you ride on the wings of the wind,
Psalms 104:3

He causes the clouds to arise from the end of the earth, makes lightning bolts accompany the rain, and brings the wind out of his storehouses.
Psalms 135:7

Praise him, highest heavens, and waters above the heavens. Let them praise the name of Yahweh, because he commanded and they were created. And he put them in place *forever and ever*, by a decree he gave that will not pass away.
Psalms 148:4‭-‬6

Praise Yah. Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty firmament.
Psalms 150:1

and all the host of heaven shall rot. And the skies shall roll up like a scroll, and all their host shall wither like the withering of a leaf from a vine, or like the withering from a fig tree.
Isaiah 34:4

It is he who sits above the *circle* of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to live in;
Isaiah 40:22

Over the heads of the angels there was something like a dome, shining like crystal, spread out above their heads.
Ezekiel 1:22

And above the dome over their heads there was something like a throne, in appearance like sapphire stone; and seated above the likeness of a throne was something that seemed like a human form.
Ezekiel 1:26

And I looked, and look! On the dome that was above the head of the cherubim something like a stone of sapphire, and like the appearance of the shape of a throne it appeared above them.
Ezekiel 10:1

He made strong the skies above, When the springs of the deep became fixed, When He set for the sea its boundary So that the water would not transgress His command, When He marked out the foundations of the earth;
Proverbs 8:28-‬29

The sky vanished like a scroll rolling itself up, and every mountain and island was why removed from its place.
Revelation 6:14

After this I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven! And the first voice, which I had heard speaking to me like a trumpet, said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.”
Revelation 4:1

“Where were you at my laying the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you possess understanding. Who determined its measurement? Yes, you do know. Or who stretched the measuring line upon it? On what were its bases sunk? Or who laid its cornerstone,
Job 38:4‭-‬6

The earth and all its inhabitants are shaking; I steady its columns. Selah
Psalms 75:3

For the pillars of the earth are the LORD's, And he hath set the world upon them.
1 Samuel 2:8

Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟54,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
There is no evidence of either young or old.
There is, or maybe was, evidence readily available just a decade or two ago.

Sadly, it is censored, deleted, dismissed, 'hidden'..... too much now to show....

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Countless ancient Near East documents and artifacts verify this understanding of scripture. It's not so much a hypothesis as it is simple historical observation.

It's also verified by the biblical text.

And God said, “Let there be a dome in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.”
Genesis 1:6

God made the dome, and separated the waters which were below the dome from the waters which were above the dome; and it was so. God called the dome heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day.
Genesis 1:7‭-‬8

And God said, “Let there be lights in the dome of the sky to separate the day from the night; and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years,
Genesis 1:14

In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep burst forth, and the windows of the heavens were opened.
Genesis 7:11

the fountains of the deep and the windows of the heavens were closed, the rain from the heavens was restrained,
Genesis 8:2

And God said, “Let the waters bring forth swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the face of the dome of the sky.”
Genesis 1:20

And he dreamed that there was a ladder set up on the earth, the top of it reaching to heaven; and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it. And the Lord stood beside him [or stood above it] and said, “I am the Lord, the God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac; the land on which you lie I will give to you and to your offspring;
Genesis 28:12‭-‬13

“You shall not make for yourself a divine image with any form that is in the heavens above or that is in the earth below or that is in the water below the earth.
Exodus 20:4

and they saw the God of Israel. Under his feet there was something like a pavement of sapphire stone, like the very heaven for clearness.
Exodus 24:10

Thick clouds enwrap him, so that he does not see, and he walks on the dome of heaven.’
Job 22:14

He has described a circle [earths shape] on the face of the water between light and darkness. “The pillars of heaven tremble, and they are astounded at his rebuke.
Job 26:10‭-‬11

Can you, like him, spread out the skies, hard as a molten mirror?

Hast thou with him spread out the sky, Which is strong, and as a molten looking glass?

can you join him in spreading out the skies, hard as a mirror of cast bronze?

Have you entered the storehouse of the snow, or seen the armory of the hail,
Job 38:22
God stores his weapons and mana in storehouses to help the isrealites in battle, and to give gifts to His people.

So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.
Joshua 10:13

Yet in all the world their line goes out, and their words to the end of the world. In them he has pitched a tent for the sun,
Psalms 19:4

The tree that you saw, which grew great and strong, so that its top reached to heaven and was visible to the end of the whole earth,
Daniel 4:20

The Lord sits enthroned over the flood; the Lord sits enthroned as king forever.
Psalms 29:10

Yet he commanded the skies above and opened the doors of heaven,
Psalm 78:23

you set the beams of your chambers on the waters, you make the clouds your chariot, you ride on the wings of the wind,
Psalms 104:3

He causes the clouds to arise from the end of the earth, makes lightning bolts accompany the rain, and brings the wind out of his storehouses.
Psalms 135:7

Praise him, highest heavens, and waters above the heavens. Let them praise the name of Yahweh, because he commanded and they were created. And he put them in place *forever and ever*, by a decree he gave that will not pass away.
Psalms 148:4‭-‬6

Praise Yah. Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty firmament.
Psalms 150:1

and all the host of heaven shall rot. And the skies shall roll up like a scroll, and all their host shall wither like the withering of a leaf from a vine, or like the withering from a fig tree.
Isaiah 34:4

It is he who sits above the *circle* of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to live in;
Isaiah 40:22

Over the heads of the angels there was something like a dome, shining like crystal, spread out above their heads.
Ezekiel 1:22

And above the dome over their heads there was something like a throne, in appearance like sapphire stone; and seated above the likeness of a throne was something that seemed like a human form.
Ezekiel 1:26

And I looked, and look! On the dome that was above the head of the cherubim something like a stone of sapphire, and like the appearance of the shape of a throne it appeared above them.
Ezekiel 10:1

He made strong the skies above, When the springs of the deep became fixed, When He set for the sea its boundary So that the water would not transgress His command, When He marked out the foundations of the earth;
Proverbs 8:28-‬29

The sky vanished like a scroll rolling itself up, and every mountain and island was why removed from its place.
Revelation 6:14

After this I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven! And the first voice, which I had heard speaking to me like a trumpet, said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.”
Revelation 4:1

“Where were you at my laying the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you possess understanding. Who determined its measurement? Yes, you do know. Or who stretched the measuring line upon it? On what were its bases sunk? Or who laid its cornerstone,
Job 38:4‭-‬6

The earth and all its inhabitants are shaking; I steady its columns. Selah
Psalms 75:3

For the pillars of the earth are the LORD's, And he hath set the world upon them.
1 Samuel 2:8
You can post a thousand verses isn't going to prove a hypothesis drawing or a flat earth with a dome.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟54,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I just don't see how a flood could do this.
Did you watch news/ videos about the tsunamis in Japan, and around the world , in the last few decades ?

Imagine all that power, all of them together, times a million.

Upvote 0

Sir Joseph

Site Supporter
Nov 18, 2018
Southwest
✟94,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I haven't watched Ivan's above referenced video yet, but surely will since it's the type of apologetic material that interests me for defending Biblical creation. Meanwhile, allow me to make one simple correction to your assuming question.

The current, best creation models do have an ice age forming at the end of the flood event. The geologic evidence for an ice age is indisputed. The discrepancy between secular scientists and creation scientists is the when, how long, and how many such events there were.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟54,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
The discrepancy between secular scientists and creation scientists is the when, how long, and how many such events there were.
Open question: how many scientists switch sides every year or ten years ?

Upvote 0

Sir Joseph

Site Supporter
Nov 18, 2018
Southwest
✟94,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Open question: how many scientists switch sides every year or ten years ?

I can't even guess the number of scientists in the world, yet alone determine what numbers of them might change their views on the old earth vs new earth religious debate. Having studied the creation versus evolution issue seriously for years though, it's obvious that the vast majority of people, including professing Christians and Catholics, accept evolutionary theory with its long age assumptions. Thus, the trend has certainly opposed the Bible's Genesis account and I don't expect it to change, regardless of the scientific evidence that already discredits evolutionary theory and supports the Bible's world view. Sadly, I think for each one new believer that sees the Biblical truth on the issue (as I didn't do til my 40's), a 100 others get indoctrinated into the secular lie.

For everyone reading here, I ask: why do ice ages, geologic time scales, dinosaurs, and the flood extent matter? Because they represent a secular world view that counters a Biblical world view. And when Genesis is discredited as the government, media, culture, and even churchs have done, the entire Bible's authority and foundation for the Christian faith is undermined. It's no coincidence that the number of atheists has doubled, the number of school shootings exploded, morality degraded beyond reason, respect for law and order decreased, and respect for people in general declined since we took God and Bible teaching out of the public school system. Irreligious people can celebrate Satan's ingenious success in our current trend, but shame on the misguided believers that betray both God and our Founding Fathers by adopting a secular world view that opposes the Bible.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟54,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sadly, I think for each one new believer that sees the Biblical truth on the issue (as I didn't do til my 40's), a 100 others get indoctrinated into the secular lie.
That might be very optimistic - I've seen statistics at times over the last decade on this forum and many other sites that may put the indoctrinated into the secular lie at 900 or more to 1 in truth.
This is not scary nor for sour grapes or some other reason either - just reading Scripture only many have noted the 'saved vs unsaved' at (few vs many) anywhere from 3:100 to 1:1000 (or worse!)

Reactions: Sir Joseph
Upvote 0

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did you watch news/ videos about the tsunamis in Japan, and around the world , in the last few decades ?

Imagine all that power, all of them together, times a million.
I get it....a worldwide flood would cause things on the surface to shift. But to me this looks different. Also there is nothing around sometimes to account for the markings. Like when it occurs on a plain. I find it perplexing. Do many Christians not believe in an Ice Age? Scientists seem pretty convinced but then again they are convinced by the absurd theory of evolution. Herd mentality I guess.

Upvote 0