Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
When I look around, I see so many churches not fundamental. The congregations are full of teachers who teach the Bible's just another story, we'll teach about Jesus but are in fact skeptical ourselves b/c 'science' & we're pretty much only coming here b/c 'better safe than sorry.' I noticed it's across denominations. They won't come out & say it during worship services, but in places like Sunday School or simply talkign to them, it's clear just how skeptical they really are. It's fine to have questions, but more or less admitting everything the atheists teach is right' is a BIG problem.

It's Wikipedia, but this an interesting article on how 'higher criticism' slowly infiltrated American Protestant churches. It really just takes a couple men coming in & teaching it. The article says modernism won out in some part b/c the fundamentals were unwilling to make a scene, were hoping it would just go away, believed they had to be accommodation, etc. The article explains as well how modernist teachings entered seminaries, which is the nest of the problem, I think.

The article is very long. I admit I've only skimmed it, but I find it fascinating & am curious about learning more & other's people's thoughts.

Reactions: lismore

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟246,957.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I look around, I see so many churches not fundamental. The congregations are full of teachers who teach the Bible's just another story, we'll teach about Jesus but are in fact skeptical ourselves b/c 'science' & we're pretty much only coming here b/c 'better safe than sorry.' I noticed it's across denominations. They won't come out & say it during worship services, but in places like Sunday School or simply talkign to them, it's clear just how skeptical they really are. It's fine to have questions, but more or less admitting everything the atheists teach is right' is a BIG problem.

It's Wikipedia, but this an interesting article on how 'higher criticism' slowly infiltrated American Protestant churches. It really just takes a couple men coming in & teaching it. The article says modernism won out in some part b/c the fundamentals were unwilling to make a scene, were hoping it would just go away, believed they had to be accommodation, etc. The article explains as well how modernist teachings entered seminaries, which is the nest of the problem, I think.

The article is very long. I admit I've only skimmed it, but I find it fascinating & am curious about learning more & other's people's thoughts.
Hello DragonFox! Interesting subject, thanks for sharing.

One thought I would share is that sometimes churches adopt what they might see as a compromise position in order to keep the peace, avoid controversy etc. But there is no such thing as a compromise position, it's a slippery slope. Once you start to slide you're on the way to the bottom.
Once you accept Darwinism and other isms, you're on the long but sure trajectory to a trans-sexual satan worshipper in drag leading Sunday school, then you're on the trajectory to what comes next. What that maybe is beyond control.

Best to stand for truth consistently, from the start. Light and darkness cannot mix. God Bless :)

Upvote 0

jdcastro1972

Jul 31, 2023
Salisbury
✟775.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
It's not just a case of fundamentalism losing.
It's a case of Christianity losing.
And the churches which are left that are "fundamentalist" in the uk are as dead as a dodo.
However I suppose there is always a remnant according to the election of grace.

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟217,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's not just a case of fundamentalism losing.
It's a case of Christianity losing.
And the churches which are left that are "fundamentalist" in the uk are as dead as a dodo.
However I suppose there is always a remnant according to the election of grace.
yep :)
They want us to think we are alone!

Reactions: jdcastro1972
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟217,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
One thing I noticed is many of us people now called fundamentalists just don't have a fighting spirit. We just don't. Good people don't seem to in general. You can't reason w/ the evil or willfully ignorant. The problem is, then they take leadership roles & it all falls apart. Sometimes they hide they're only in sheep's clothing.

YorkieGal

Glory to God
Sep 6, 2023
USA
✟13,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fundamentalists and orthodoxy still exist. Definitely in the Southern US but we're all stupid and violent down here, so they'd have you believe, so what do we know?

Strong propaganda since the Civil War now includes Christianity.

Yet, we're still here.

• Winner
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟217,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Fundamentalists and orthodoxy still exist. Definitely in the Southern US but we're all stupid and violent down here, so they'd have you believe, so what do we know?

Strong propaganda since the Civil War now includes Christianity.

Yet, we're still here.
It exists everywhere, it's from where they came as the article explains, some places stronger than others, they just want us to think we're alone or 'invented' it recent. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0