antiarte

Jan 18, 2005
communist russia
✟3,812.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Engaged
Okay. So, I need help with these struggles I keep having about the plots and storylines and thematics I come up or try to deal with in the screenplays I try to write.
I have this story about a KKK member who for reasons out of his hands becomes paralyzed, yet can still, y'know, see and be aware. One of his "klanmates", a "friend" of his, after scheming for a while, rapes the paralyzed man's teen daughter, in front of him. Meanwhile, the older daughter of the paralyzed man, who's a born again christian, takes care of his dad; the raped daughter doesn't say to anyone about it; and the dad, of course, can't neither. The "klanmate" abuses of the paralyzed man's daughter a couple of times more..until the older daughter realizes it. I have only developed it up to there. What do you think? Some ppl told me it's too harsh.

Another one is about Elizabeth, a woman who's gone astray from the Way of God. She's recovering from a divorce. She's lonely and depressed. And there's his son, a Christian with a history of addiction, but has recovered quite well. He's active in the ministry. Next up is Anna (for some reason i keep on picturing Britney Spears playing this woman). She's not a believer. She's made her own life away from her successful parents- not a very good life. She's into drugs, the occassional party, the occassional one-night stand.
So, the stories are supposed to be non-linear, btw. The son breaks up with his fiance, one thing leads to another, he begins a spiral down to drugs again, and even decides to end his life. Elizabeth meets a man, they seem to hit it off, until she learns of his son death- afterwards she just becomes worse than before. And Anna, she meets the son in a gas station- his car broke down on his way to "committ suicide". They meet, like each other, fall in love, and get married too quick. During the heartbreaking honeymoon the son overdoses. Not voluntarily. Anna feels guilty, it overwhelms until she even checks into a rehab clinic.
So times passes, Anna is out. She tries to restart her life...and one night she accidentally runs over a little kid while backing up. She runs over his tiny head. She's in prison where she meets Jesus. Elizabeth learns about Anna, learns she was her son wife and was with him when he died. Elizabeth goes see her, they talk, at the time Anna is already saved. Anna pleads guilty and is sentenced to death. Elizabeth struggles to see past the bad and look at God finally. And then she takes her first step towards seeking God. One step at a time, baby.
So, what do you think? I think is overwrought. The thing is, it seems different when told non-linearly, like it's written.

I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

P.S. The second I don't like very much.

New Creation

*Practise Promiscuous Charity*
Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
First story- is it in the past? Cause the Klan per se doesn't really exist anymore. More like skinhead racist stuff. It's a harsh story, but so's life. Just a note from me- explicit scenes like rape are VERY disturbing for women to read- I don't think that they need to be detailed.

I like the second story- it is so out there it's cool. Life is like that- God is like that. The great "coincidences" of life are so fascinating. Run with it!!!!

Upvote 0

antiarte

Jan 18, 2005
communist russia
✟3,812.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Engaged
New Creation said:
First story- is it in the past? Cause the Klan per se doesn't really exist anymore. More like skinhead racist stuff. It's a harsh story, but so's life. Just a note from me- explicit scenes like rape are VERY disturbing for women to read- I don't think that they need to be detailed.

I like the second story- it is so out there it's cool. Life is like that- God is like that. The great "coincidences" of life are so fascinating. Run with it!!!!

the first story doesn't have to be a KKK member, but someone from a "hate group" and the like. it doesn't even have to be someone in a group, but someone who shares this values and puts it into "practice". normally someone like this will associate himself to this kinda group.
About the rape scenes, i don't intend to show them- I write screenplays, btw. Maybe i'll just show the man's reaction- paralyzed, unable to do anything to stop it. So we know something's wrong happening to his daughter, but don't see it yet.

about the second one, i had troubles with it for the same reasons you liked it. I thought it was too out there, and the plot too thick, y'know? but now i'm thinking of running with it.

Upvote 0