Help, does anyone have any input?

worship7

Apr 10, 2011
✟15,113.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I was really glad to find this forum. My wife and I have been praying about putting together a book/resource for other spirit filled believers to help them understand God's solutions for debt relief. We feel many believers are trapped in debt and have a hard time figuring out God's will to get out. I used to run a debt relief company and counseled countless families through the process. We also trained hundreds of other debt relief companies, and we were involved in speaking to some of the new consumer protection regulations that are now in place to protect consumers. I only mention this because I know we have lots of info that can help fellow believers.

Here is the question. We know Dave Ramsey sells a lot of books, but we think that sometimes spirit filled believers are looking for spiritual and practical guidance.

What do you think? Do you think that spirit filled believers would find a book/resource helpful to help believers escape the burdens of debt?

What questions do you think most would have that we should speak to?

Please share any thoughts you have.

We really appreciate it.

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Here is the question. We know Dave Ramsey sells a lot of books, but we think that sometimes spirit filled believers are looking for spiritual and practical guidance.

What do you think? Do you think that spirit filled believers would find a book/resource helpful to help believers escape the burdens of debt?

I'm confused why Dave Ramsey's advice isn't applicable for "spirit filled" believers?

I agree with the poster above me. Don't reinvent the wheel. Ramsey knows his stuff.

Upvote 0

Jedi.Kep

Jul 30, 2009
Earth
✟16,160.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi, I was really glad to find this forum. My wife and I have been praying about putting together a book/resource for other spirit filled believers to help them understand God's solutions for debt relief. We feel many believers are trapped in debt and have a hard time figuring out God's will to get out. I used to run a debt relief company and counseled countless families through the process. We also trained hundreds of other debt relief companies, and we were involved in speaking to some of the new consumer protection regulations that are now in place to protect consumers. I only mention this because I know we have lots of info that can help fellow believers.

What questions do you think most would have that we should speak to?

Please share any thoughts you have.

We really appreciate it.

If God is telling you to create a book on getting out of debt/staying out of debt, then you go on and do it. The more avenues the gospel is preached through the better. You can reach people Dave Ramsey may turn off. If God is telling you to do it, go for it!

I know from personal experience, there are some things that Dave has said that can be offensive to holiness people. I also have gone through CROWN financial ministries. Some things they say are wrong in doctrine and I have a problem with those parts. You could reach people these two financial giants may not be able to reach. Listen to God and follow through with what He tells you to do. God Bless.

Upvote 0

NacDan

Theology never comforted anyone in pain.
Oct 1, 2004
Port Neches, Texas
Visit site
✟11,391.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Can there actually be too many books/tapes/CD's/courses on managing money according to God's principles? I mean, if we only needed ONE, Jesus mentions money more than nearly any other subject in His ministry. If Spirit filled people only needed ONE source, you'd think Jesus would be it. ;)

A better question to pray about is what are your motives for putting together this program. The answer to that prayer is the answer to your question.

Danny
Ps: I'm not really proding you to post your motives here. That's between you & God.

Upvote 0