Have you ever believed evolution?

Have you ever believed evolution?

• I have always believed in a literal 6 day creation.

• I was a theistic evolutionist, but now believe in 6 day literal creation.

• I was a full blown evolutionist but now believe in 6 day creation.

• I don't believe in a literal 6 day creation.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TwinCrier

Double Blessed and spreading the gospel
Oct 11, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟24,778.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I learned about evolution in the public schools and never questioned it... until I accepted Christ as my savior and not only found the bible truthful, but saw evolution through new eyes. Have most of us here always believed in a literal creation?

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
At one point in time for about a month, I was pretty much a Theistic Evolutionist. This was when I was rebelling against God. But pretty much all my life I have been a Young Earth Creationist. I didn't really know it until I heard of the term but I pretty much always believed that God created the Universe exactly as He said He did.

Upvote 0

mhess13

Feb 5, 2004
✟16,200.00
Marital Status
Married
Even before I was saved I was not convinced of evolution.
I have always thought that evolution was a RETARDED attempt to explain origins. Interstingly enough, my wife, who had about ZERO Christian influence growing up, never believed that we shared a "common ancestor" with apes. I mean really, it's just so STUPID!
I didn't go to church and had never even heard of YEC until I was about 23 years old. So you can imagine how excited I was on one Sunday night sitting alone flipping thru the channels and for some strange reason stopped and tuned in to D. James Kennedy. He was preaching on young earth creationism. It just rang true! I wasn't even saved and I just knew that YEC was such a better explaination than that **** I learned in school. Years later after getting saved, I decided that this issue would be one that i would become very involved in, and i haven't looked back since. There's a war going on between satan and God for souls. At the heart of this battle, satan is tirelessly working to undermine the Bible. It all starts with Genesis...

Reactions: TwinCrier
Upvote 0

Underdog77

May 27, 2004
Edmond, OK
✟15,564.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I learned evolution through public schools as well. Although I have always been a YEC (which I know isn't long...I'm only 17), the schools implemented evolution in my head as truth. I mean c'mon, it was school and school is supposed to teach facts about life and get you ready for college and your furture career.
I didn't realize that I was holding two different views. At church I was taugh and believed the Bible (YEC) but then at my school I was taught and I believed in millions of years, dino myths, and everything else evolution.

I now homeschool and when I started homeschooling is when I a) came across Kent Hovind and Ken Han and b) realized that lots of what I learned in science at school was not science at all and was dead wrong.

That just shows how easily children can be misled. Although I was a Christian, I was still too young to see I was being indoctrinated. This is also my main problem with public schools.

Upvote 0

mhess13

Feb 5, 2004
✟16,200.00
Marital Status
Married
PotLuck said:
My salvation didn't sit well with a lot of people. There's nothing to debate. I've been through a lot more than just debate I assure you. My entire world was turned upside-down. (Well, actually right-side up so I suppose it's a matter of perspective.)

If you don't believe me then you're certainly not alone. It would be to my worldly advantage to go back to what I believed but I can't. It's impossible. I've tasted the freedom and I'm not going back there.
Praise God!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.