Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I went to see my former highschool's drama production of "Fiddler on the Roof." :) It was rather...interesting.
I sat with a bunch of friends I had made while working on other shows, and after the show was over, I saw a friend of mine from high school that I haven't seen in 4 years! :)

Upvote 0

lucypevensie

Not drinking the kool-aid
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2002
WI
✟1,783,856.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cool, Angel, you saw Fiddler on the roof! By "interesting" do you mean you thought it was weird or did you think it was good? I've seen it about a dozen times, but the best way to see it is live on stage. I only saw it that way once.

Upvote 0

AngelAmidala

Legend
Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Well, it wasn't the movie! (Which I love.)

I don't know...it just seemed to me that the actors weren't really into it. You know? Almost like they were bored. The guy playing Tevye was very good, and took on a lot of the hand gestures and stuff that Topol did in the movie.
The music also seemed a lot slower then the movie. And the choreography in the bar scene could have been better.

I mean, a lot of that doesn't have to do with how the stage version was written and stuff. It mostly has to do with who directs the show, choreographs, etc. And to be honest, I shouldn't really comment about the choreography...because since they (the drama club) dropped Galle and Collins (the people who used to choreograph all the musicals) a couple years ago...it just hasn't been the same.

But anyway...I still liked it....because I love the movie. :)

Upvote 0