great Question (Thread Moved from Christian Advice)

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Peace be upon those who follow the right ~

At the outset, I apologize for speaking ill English

Is one question affects concerned

I find that you have to answer the healing

How are disliked monk from the wife and child

Picnics in the Lord of the child

I apologize

my English so baaaaaad

:wave:

As- salaam walaikum :hug:

Are you asking why a monk cannot have a wife and children?

Peace be upon you

Upvote 0

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Do we have the answer to healing? Is this what your asking? If so, Christ died for our sins and by His stripes we are healed spiritually. God heals physically as he is the great physician even though not everyone will be healed physically all the time. Again, he does things according to his will and glory.

A monk? The catholic church denomination has priests that don't marry - this is their specific church tradition. This isn't the case for other denominations.

Upvote 0

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Peace be upon those who follow the right ~

At the outset, I apologize for speaking ill English

Is one question affects concerned

I find that you have to answer the healing

How are disliked monk from the wife and child

Picnics in the Lord of the child

I apologize

my English so baaaaaad

:wave:

Hi and welcome to CF!:hug:

If you get a chance to write us again with more information we so look forward to replying!

Upvote 0

I am a Muslim

Aug 23, 2008
✟15,114.00
Faith
Muslim
Peace be upon you

I'm sorry . my English's very bad :(

I try to redraft
Adopted on Google Dictionary !!

my Question is

Why ?

A mistake to have a priest's wife was born

In spite of this

You say

Jesus, the son of God

And a son of God

and in quran Part of Mary Say

(
Maryam
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Kaf. Ha. Ya. A'in. Sad. (1) A mention of the mercy of thy Lord unto His servant Zachariah. (2) When he cried unto his Lord a cry in secret, (3) Saying: My Lord! Lo! the bones of me wax feeble and my head is shining with grey hair, and I have never been unblest in prayer to Thee, my Lord. (4) Lo! I fear my kinsfolk after me, since my wife is barren. Oh, give me from Thy presence a successor (5) Who shall inherit of me and inherit (also) of the house of Jacob. And make him, my Lord, acceptable (unto Thee). (6) (It was said unto him): O Zachariah! Lo! We bring thee tidings of a son whose name is John; we have given the same name to none before (him). (7) He said: My Lord! How can I have a son when my wife is barren and I have reached infirm old age? (8) He said: So (it will be). Thy Lord saith: It is easy for Me, even as I created thee before, when thou wast naught. (9) He said: My Lord! Appoint for me some token. He said: Thy token is that thou, with no bodily defect, shalt not speak unto mankind three nights. (10) Then he came forth unto his people from the sanctuary, and signified to them: Glorify your Lord at break of day and fall of night. (11) (And it was said unto his son): O John! Hold fast the Scripture. And we gave him wisdom when a child, (12) And compassion from Our presence, and purity; and he was devout, (13) And dutiful toward his parents. And he was not arrogant, rebellious. (14) Peace on him the day he was born, and the day he dieth and the day he shall be raised alive! (15) And make mention of Mary in the Scripture, when she had withdrawn from her people to a chamber looking East, (16) And had chosen seclusion from them. Then We sent unto her Our Spirit and it assumed for her the likeness of a perfect man. (17) She said: Lo! I seek refuge in the Beneficent One from thee, if thou art God-fearing. (18) He said: I am only a messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a faultless son. (19) She said: How can I have a son when no mortal hath touched me, neither have I been unchaste? (20) He said: So (it will be). Thy Lord saith: It is easy for Me. And (it will be) that We may make of him a Protant for mankind and a mercy from Us, and it is a thing ordained. (21) And she conceived him, and she withdrew with him to a far place. (22) And the pangs of childbirth drove her unto the trunk of the palm-tree. She said: Oh, would that I had died ere this and had become a thing of naught, forgotten! (23) Then (one) cried unto her from below her, saying: Grieve not! Thy Lord hath placed a rivulet beneath thee, (24) And shake the trunk of the palm-tree toward thee, thou wilt cause ripe dates to fall upon thee. (25) So eat and drink and be consoled. And if thou meetest any mortal, say: Lo! I have vowed a fast unto the Beneficent, and may not speak this day to any mortal. (26) Then she brought him to her own folk, carrying him. They said: O Mary! Thou hast come with an amazing thing. (27) O sister of Aaron! Thy father was not a wicked man nor was thy mother a harlot. (28) Then she pointed to him. They said: How can we talk to one who is in the cradle, a young boy? (29) He spake: Lo! I am the slave of Allah. He hath given me the Scripture and hath appointed me a Prophet, (30) And hath made me blessed wheresoever I may be, and hath enjoined upon me prayer and almsgiving so long as I remain alive, (31) And (hath made me) dutiful toward her who bore me, and hath not made me arrogant, unblest. (32) Peace on me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive! (33

am sooooory > but i I want to science

soooooore my ingl ..
sooo baad :blush:

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟764,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Dear I am a..., I am guessing that you speak Arabic? If so, here is an online source to read the Gospel account of the birth of our (you, me, everyone) Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ Son of God born of the blessed Virgin Mary. Scroll down to Matthew and look for chapters 1 & 2 in Arabic. Scroll down to Luke and read chapters 1,2, & 3 in Arabic. Scroll down to John and read chapter 1 in Arabic to understand how Jesus Christ is God. see http://www.copticchurch.net/cgibin/bible/ God bless you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟764,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Upvote 0

I am a Muslim

Aug 23, 2008
✟15,114.00
Faith
Muslim
ok my sester arabic help me

What I meant by my question is: I find it surprising to know that priests consdier themselves far above having wives and children -which implies that it is a degrading "feature"- while you claim that Jesus is the son of God.
This is a big contradiction.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟764,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

What I meant by my question is: I find it surprising to know that priests consdier themselves far above having wives and children -which implies that it is a degrading "feature"- while you claim that Jesus is the son of God.
No, there is no contradiction although most Christian communions do not forbid married clergy. The Roman Catholic Church has celibate priests but they interpret a statement by Jesus Christ, Son of God which says, "If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple." (Luke 14:26 http://www.copticchurch.net/cgibin/bible/index.php?r=Luke+14%3A26&version=SVD&btn=View&showVN=1) for this purpose and certainly any priest or pastor may choose to be celibate if they wish also.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Disippelen

Peaceful Crusader
Dec 22, 2005
Oslo, Norway
✟16,275.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hi Muslim girl, welcome to the forum. :)

Some Christian groups, such as the Roman Catholics don't allow priests and monks to be married and have children. This is a choice they make based on Christian freedom to choose. Other groups, such as Evangelicals and Protestants allow priests and pastors to have families. The Bible says:

1 Timothy 3:2-5:
"2Now the overseer must be above reproach, the husband of but one wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. 4He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him with proper respect. 5(If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God's church?)"

1 Timothy 3:12:
"12A deacon must be the husband of but one wife and must manage his children and his household well."

Titus 1:6:
"6An elder must be blameless, the husband of but one wife, a man whose children believe and are not open to the charge of being wild and disobedient."

As you can see, the leader positions of the Chrisitan church clearly allows for the leaders to have a wife and children. That the Roman Catholics don't do this is based on their choice, not a biblical demand.

A reason while some Christians choose not to marry may be based on what Paul says here:

1 Corinthians 7:1-2:
"1Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry. 2But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband."

1 Corinthians 7:6-7:
"6I say this as a concession, not as a command. 7I wish that all men were as I am. But each man has his own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that."

As you can see, living unmarried is not a demand, but a possibility based on choice. Paul lived unmarried, that was his choice and advice to us. The Roman Catholic Church has decided that this should apply to all their spiritual leaders, but this is only a human choice, not a command of God.

So I think that you shouldn't believe this to be a great contradiction, because all Christians, including Catholics, think immensely highly of Jesus Christ which we believe to the the holy and eternal Son of God. :)

Best,
Disippelen :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCDAD

Aug 4, 2005
Illinois
✟14,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Perhaps the priest thinks himself BELOW marraige and childbearing to devote himself totally to God.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed

Thank you for your question, M.

I will try to keep my answer easy to understand.

In Islam, as in Christianity, purity of life is important. About a thousand years ago, the church decided that our priests should live pure lives, and not marry. This is not because they are above having wives and children, but because we regard priests, monks and nuns as married to Christ and his church, and all people in the church as their children. That is why we call some nuns 'mother', others 'sister', monks 'brother' and priests 'father'.

This does not mean that sexual relations are bad or evil, but, as in Islam and Judaism, they are holy, and ideally to be kept within marriage. So, for those who marry the church in this way, sexual relations are not possible, because that would be unholy.

The birth of Our Lord happened because the Holy Spirit of God overshadowed Mary, and she conceived. There was no sexual union involved, and so Our Lord was born to a virgin. Many Christians believe she lived her whole life as a virgin, and so women who become nuns are following her example in choosing a pure life. As indeed are priests.

Some of this may sound strange to a Moslem, and I know many Moslems are offended by the thought of God having a Son, and think it insults Him. But consider this; if you call a Moslem 'sister' or 'brother', do you insult your mother or theirs, in the process? No more is God insulted by being addressed as Father by a Christian. This is about spiritual relationship, not about carnal relations.

Christ called God Father, and said that, by believing in Him, we could do the same. This is the great privilege that Christians have, that no other faith has, or can have. It is certainly not intended in any way as an insult to God, but rather as a statement of our loyalty to, and relationship with, Christ himself.

Today many churches do allow priests to marry, because this ruling has changed for most of us. The Roman Catholic church still has priests who cannot marry, and bishops in the Orthodox church must be unmarried, but other churches allow their leaders to have wives and children.

Upvote 0