Freeze Drier.

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟568,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We finally bit the bullet and purchased a Harvest Right Freeze Drier. They have been on sale and we got 500 bucks off the medium drier.
It was still a pretty good sized investment, but at just under 3K, I think we can recoup our investment in about a year and a half. We do not anticipate using it more than once or twice a week. That plan may change if we decide to begin to convert our dehydrated and other preps into freeze dried meals. Beans, rice, oats, potatoes, all veggies, etc. can be cooked, freeze dried into meals. and packed into mylar with an O2 packet. They claim such meals can last up to 25 years. The big benefit is all you have to do is add hot water and let the food reconstitute. These are all pre-cooked meals ready to go. When the day comes, it may not be easy or even safe to be cooking full meals from your preps. We have 700 pounds of rice, at least that much in dried beans, and lots of oats and the like. These could easily be converted to freeze dried meals. This may be a good summer project. We recently bought an instant pot pressure cooker which would aid us greatly in preparing massive amounts of food for meals. The processing time can take from 20 - 28 hours. I hear if you freeze the food in your freezer it will shorten this process. The freeze drier first freezes the food to (I think) -20 degrees, and then the vacuum removes the H2O. I need to read up on that.
So we have an exciting new avenue for our prepping. In for a dime, in for a dollar.

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟568,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We received the Freeze Drier on Friday. Had to leave it in the driveway on the pallet. It was too heavy to move by myself. Wrapped it up with A couple tarps. My oldest son came by today and helped me unbox it and bring it in the house. We have it set up and ready to do the first batch.

Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟568,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is the best YouTube video I found to walk you through the unboxing and set up. We were fortunate enough to get the new upgrade from 4 to 5 trays. Woooo - Hooooo!

• Informative
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0