Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
On Sunday, April 21, Peruvian activist Ana Estrada underwent a euthanasia process and died. The terminology employed did not indicate whether it was by direct euthanasia or medically assisted suicide.

Euthanasia is not legal in Peru, but the nation’s Supreme Court nevertheless ruled in favor of her appeal.

According to a statement released by various Peruvian media, the activist “died on her own terms, in accordance with her idea of dignity and in full control of her autonomy until the end.”

“The medical procedure was carried out in accordance with the ‘Plan and Protocol for Death with Dignity’ applicable to Ana, approved by EsSalud, in the context of the historic ruling in her favor, issued on Feb. 23, 2021, and upheld by the Supreme Court on July 14 and 27, 2022,” the press release stated.

EsSalud is a government agency providing social security health insurance in Peru.

Who is Ana Estrada?​

Continued below.

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟162,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I’m going to give my unpopular opinion here. I watched my dad severely suffer as he was dying from pancreatic cancer. I know and accept that euthanasia is illegal and strongly goes against church teaching, but if it were me suffering from a TERMINAL Illness I’d wish it were acceptable with the Church and legal. I don’t want to die like my dad did.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟481,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I’m going to give my unpopular opinion here. I watched my dad severely suffer as he was dying from pancreatic cancer. I know and accept that euthanasia is illegal and strongly goes against church teaching, but if it were me suffering from a TERMINAL Illness I’d wish it were acceptable with the Church and legal. I don’t want to die like my dad did.
Catholics who offer up their crosses and this shortens time in purgatory, says some mystics of the Church.

Upvote 0