✟6,818.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
PuppyforChrist said:
Usually I just walk away from my story for a while and come back to it later. After being away from it for a while I start to develop some new ideas. :)

That's what I do too. :)

Upvote 0

carmi

Nov 1, 2004
✟16,723.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Ellesar said:
The story I'm working on is about a girl, who has heard the stories about dragons living near her hometown hundreds of years ago, and she has a feeling that they're still alive, and wants to find them. I've gotten to the point where she's about to leave to search for the dragons, but have kind of come to standstill, because I'm not exactly sure what to do next.

Any suggestions?

You say she's about to leave to search for the dragons but what motivates her to do that? Something must happen that makes her want to go and search and find out whether or not her feeling is true.

Upvote 0

carmi

Nov 1, 2004
✟16,723.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
die2live said:
I am having difficulty right now with research. When will it end? I want to actually start writing sometime within the next century, but there seems to be way too much research.

I love research. But I understand for some it's tedious. I just think it's very important. A couple of years ago I thought I did enough research and things didn't work out. I was writing for months and it didn't seem to go nowhere. Writing became tedious. I went back to research and actually found the missing link. The writing came to a standstill because I was missing something, my research was not complete.

Upvote 0

TigerLibby

Jan 7, 2005
Minnesota
✟167.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Whenever I get writers block I just jump over the part that I'm havning trouble with and go back to it later. I don't think there's ever been a story that I've written that I was able to write all the way through without getting stumped, unless it was for school or something.
God Bless!
~Libby~

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
TigerLibby said:
Whenever I get writers block I just jump over the part that I'm havning trouble with and go back to it later. I don't think there's ever been a story that I've written that I was able to write all the way through without getting stumped, unless it was for school or something.
God Bless!
~Libby~

that's another good way!

Upvote 0

jobstears

Jan 20, 2005
✟357.00
Faith
Catholic
writer's block is difficult to describe...I know, for me, the more I try to think myself into a good story, poem or plot the more difficult it is...sometimes I just have to let my mind wander, and give my muse a chance to work...it's something that has to come easy, not forced...also, free-form writing is good to keep your senses going...just grab up a pencil and paper (I sometimes use Word on my computer) and just write away...not about anything specific, just anything, just write, write, write for at least 5 minutes non-stop...it's fun and you'd be surprised at what you come up with for ideas...
blessings,
:holy: jobs tears

Upvote 0

Ellesar

biomedical engineer-to-be and LOTR fanatic
Jul 2, 2004
Rinoth with the dragons
Visit site
✟47,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
carmi said:
You say she's about to leave to search for the dragons but what motivates her to do that? Something must happen that makes her want to go and search and find out whether or not her feeling is true.

she has a feeling that they are still alive up in the mountains surrounding her hometown, although not many people in her town still believe in the dragons...she's also had dreams where she was in the mountains and talking with the dragons...

Upvote 0

Lessien

It's what I do that defines me
Nov 14, 2004
You never know....
✟31,090.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm writing a novel, and I was wondering what you guys think.

OK, well, it's set in the fictional world of Ardor. The main character is a girl named Aylianna who is born with magical powers. In Part One, an evil sorcerer named Zardan knows(even though she doesn't), and sort of 'kidnaps' her, and takes her to his 'fortress', Darak-Gadur. He teaches her how to use her powers, and trains her as a sorceress(evil in Ardor). Her name is changed to Karanak(meaning 'child of shadow'). She has it all, but she's miserable. Then, when she's hit rock bottom, she finds a magic book that shows her the truth and gives her hope. She runs away to a magical haven called Maryla, and there she meets a good wizard named Necancara. He forgives her and redeems her, then teaches her how to use her powers for good, and she becomes an Empress of the Light(basically a good sorceress, but the magic she uses now is different). But Zardan's still out there, and he's after Aylianna. In Part Two they have to stop Zardan.

What do you think?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vulgivagus hagiographus

Rambling Writer
Mar 12, 2004
Space (the final frontier, don't cha know?)
Visit site
✟2,690.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Just to throw in my own little delima...

I have a sci-fi project I'm trying to work on that is giving me some pain. It's a very imaginative universe (if I don't say so myself :D ) that is consequently very strange and foreign to us. It's pretty much about an earthling that goes about on cool sci-fi adventures and the such in this very charasmatic universe. My problem is that I really have it all visualized out in my head and it is a very visual story. I literally am "visualizing" it, as in I have mental images of the scenes. Since it's from the first person viewpoint of an outsider of this universe I'm having an especially hard time getting the picture down on paper in the form of words. Has anyone else had this problem? My main problem in writing is the actual writing part. I just have such a hard time actually getting it down. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, your responses would be apreciated! I'm afraid that I've viewing this more like a cartoon or something like that rather than a novel. I honestly don't know. :confused:

Upvote 0

Steadfast7

Holding strong to the Truth
Nov 30, 2004
Yes!
✟11,236.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Vulgivagus hagiographus said:
Has anyone else had this problem? My main problem in writing is the actual writing part. I just have such a hard time actually getting it down. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, your responses would be apreciated! I'm afraid that I've viewing this more like a cartoon or something like that rather than a novel. I honestly don't know. :confused:

I have that problem as well. I can visualize it in my head, but then cannot get it down on paper.

Upvote 0

Ellesar

biomedical engineer-to-be and LOTR fanatic
Jul 2, 2004
Rinoth with the dragons
Visit site
✟47,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lessien said:
I'm writing a novel, and I was wondering what you guys think.

OK, well, it's set in the fictional world of Ardor. The main character is a girl named Aylianna who is born with magical powers. In Part One, an evil sorcerer named Zardan knows(even though she doesn't), and sort of 'kidnaps' her, and takes her to his 'fortress', Darak-Gadur. He teaches her how to use her powers, and trains her as a sorceress(evil in Ardor). Her name is changed to Karanak(meaning 'child of shadow'). She has it all, but she's miserable. Then, when she's hit rock bottom, she finds a magic book that shows her the truth and gives her hope. She runs away to a magical haven called Maryla, and there she meets a good wizard named Necancara. He forgives her and redeems her, then teaches her how to use her powers for good, and she becomes an Empress of the Light(basically a good sorceress, but the magic she uses now is different). But Zardan's still out there, and he's after Aylianna. In Part Two they have to stop Zardan.

What do you think?

it sounds really interesting Less. I'd like to read it someday.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stonetoflesh

reformed librarie-keeper
Apr 20, 2004
Round Rock, TX
✟11,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Vulgivagus hagiographus said:
My main problem in writing is the actual writing part. I just have such a hard time actually getting it down. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, your responses would be apreciated! I'm afraid that I've viewing this more like a cartoon or something like that rather than a novel. I honestly don't know. :confused:

I have that problem with fiction a lot, and it's terribly frustrating-- there are plenty of ideas rolling around in the noggin, but putting it down on paper has been something I've wrestled with for the past 10 years. I think every fiction story I've written since high school has been prematurely destroyed...

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
spacedout said:
I have that problem with fiction a lot, and it's terribly frustrating-- there are plenty of ideas rolling around in the noggin, but putting it down on paper has been something I've wrestled with for the past 10 years. I think every fiction story I've written since high school has been prematurely destroyed...

uh oh, but you can stick the ideas together from all those 'failed' stories, merge them into something bigger..

you guys mean a lost of control on the plot right?

Upvote 0