Midwest
✟16,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All of a sudden out of the blue, I just feel extremely anxious & sad-I miss my family who have all passed. For some reason this month it’s hit me especially hard since I lost somebody due to death in September many years back. I didn’t even realize that it affected me that much until I started feeling this way recently. This happens every once in a while but I stuff it down as usual.So far it’s been really rough for me this month.

I’ve never dealt with any of my family members deaths & honestly have never dealt with any kind of grief or any of the trauma that I’ve endured. I just keep stuffing it down like the good Gen Xer that I am! I can’t afford therapy & insurance doesn’t cover mental health so here I am stuck with nowhere to vent or any suggestions on how to move forward. Yes, I’ve been praying, & have talked to one or two people but they don’t quite understand so that isn’t as helpful as it could be although I’m grateful & I’ve been taking herbal supplements to help with the anxiety/sadness.

Advice? Thanks.

• Friendly
Reactions: lismore

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟253,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
All of a sudden out of the blue, I just feel extremely anxious & sad-I miss my family who have all passed. For some reason this month it’s hit me especially hard since I lost somebody due to death in September many years back. I didn’t even realize that it affected me that much until I started feeling this way recently. This happens every once in a while but I stuff it down as usual.So far it’s been really rough for me this month.

I’ve never dealt with any of my family members deaths & honestly have never dealt with any kind of grief or any of the trauma that I’ve endured. I just keep stuffing it down like the good Gen Xer that I am! I can’t afford therapy & insurance doesn’t cover mental health so here I am stuck with nowhere to vent or any suggestions on how to move forward. Yes, I’ve been praying, & have talked to one or two people but they don’t quite understand so that isn’t as helpful as it could be although I’m grateful & I’ve been taking herbal supplements to help with the anxiety/sadness.

Advice? Thanks.
-​

What do you mean by i never dealt with any of my family members deaths? Are you saying you have never accepted their deaths as happening?

Upvote 0