America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I personally talked with Emma during the revival. She told me that she was busy on her own assignments, but that she had someone else who would work with me. I felt a presence come to me through the tv. It hung around here for a few days, but I forgot about it and it ain't here no more!

Are you aware of Familiar spirits?

Does this experience concern you at all? Because it should. Are you even open to praying and asking God to give you a conviction in your conscience if this experience was not from God?

peace,
Simon

Upvote 0

Tobias

Relationship over Religion
Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
Are you aware of Familiar spirits?
Yes.

Does this experience concern you at all?
Sure, a little bit I guess.

Because it should.
Yeah, I posted it as an example of a worse-case scenario of "everything you fear." But God is faithful, and absolutely nothing came of it.

Are you even open to praying and asking God to give you a conviction in your conscience if this experience was not from God?

Occasionally during discussions like this I lay it down again before Him, and do a quick check to make sure that there isn't a demon still hanging around here wrecking havoc behind the scenes. But there's nothing to be concerned about. God took care of the problem before I even knew there was one. :clap:

Upvote 0

jamadan

Jan 1, 2009
✟8,566.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Tobias - Your method of testing things of the spirit based on your feelings is unreliable and dangerous. Most people who are possessed or oppressed by evil spirits have no idea. You don't feel them. And it sounds to me like you're encounter with the demon 'Emma' just proves my point.

You're like someone who's about to eat dinner when he's told that the delicious smelling stew he's about to enjoy has some of the finest ingredients and that it was cooked with loving care by a top chef just for him . . . and, oh by the way, the chef added poison to the stew. Not enough to spoil the meal or even detect through smell or taste, but it will slowly kill you. Instead of exercising proper judgement and walking away from the meal, you proceed to ingest thinking that as long as it tastes good and you don't sense anything wrong, it must not be able to hurt you.

Upvote 0

Tobias

Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
Tobias - Your method of testing things of the spirit based on your feelings is unreliable and dangerous. Most people who are possessed or oppressed by evil spirits have no idea. You don't feel them. And it sounds to me like you're encounter with the demon 'Emma' just proves my point.

You're like someone who's about to eat dinner when he's told that the delicious smelling stew he's about to enjoy has some of the finest ingredients and that it was cooked with loving care by a top chef just for him . . . and, oh by the way, the chef added poison to the stew. Not enough to spoil the meal or even detect through smell or taste, but it will slowly kill you. Instead of exercising proper judgement and walking away from the meal, you proceed to ingest thinking that as long as it tastes good and you don't sense anything wrong, it must not be able to hurt you.

When did we ever discuss my methods for testing things of the spirit??? :confused:

:doh:

Upvote 0

jamadan

Jan 1, 2009
✟8,566.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Tobias - Your last entire statement reveals that you are clearly entertaining demons and treating them as angels of light shows your spiritual filter is way off . . . or something else is.

I'm talking about when you said, 'I personally talked with Emma during the revival. She told me that she was busy on her own assignments, but that she had someone else who would work with me. I felt a presence come to me through the tv. It hung around here for a few days, but I forgot about it and it ain't here no more!

Do you really think angels are coming through your TV and talking to you? Or are you just joking? I've been assuming you are being truthful, which can only mean you're mistaking demons for angels.

If you are typical of those that following after Bentley and those like him, I at least now understand better how they are continuing to masquerade as minsters of God when they are really sons of the devil. I now have a new understanding of "deceiving the elect, if that were possible" . . . apparently it is.

This reminds me of a similar experience I had with an IHOP minister . . . strangest conversation I ever had. He kept going on and on about how he's called to be an international leader over nations and that when he gets his reward, the Spirit told him he'd be over 3 planets and all this other non-sense. Of course, I'm thinking he's off his rocker and needs help. As I got to know him over the course of months, his life was filled with one catastrophe after another where one moment he's telling God how he loves Him and the next crying like Job over the latest crisis. I eventually discovered that his problem related to his spiritual life which had similarly abandoned the truth and embraced the pursuit of manifestations and false teachings. His addiction to needing a spiritual fix of laughter or some other revival manifestation had him in non-stop IHOP meetings where he encountered demons which were reeking havoc in his life causing all these crises. The false teachings of IHOP with their dominionist bent caused him to misinterpret his circumstances completely keeping him bound to the demons that had snared him. It really is sad. He is a wonderful man with a real heart for God, but he let himself be led down this false path of idolatry and now he's a prisoner of demons and doesn't even recognize it because he's grown to equate the sense of their presence with God's Presence. That is what happens when you rely on feelings to judge things of the spirit.

Upvote 0

Tobias

Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
Tobias - Your last entire statement reveals that you are clearly entertaining demons and treating them as angels of light shows your spiritual filter is way off . . . or something else is.

So if that is the case, how do you imagine that things work? Does God abandon me, and take complete offense, if I mistakenly entertain angels who are unaligned with Him and are really demons instead?

From experience I can testify that God puts up with a lot of mistakes from His followers. :cool: He is the one who called me, He is the one who keeps me. :clap:

Personally I think the parable of the wheat and the tares is applicable. As God's servants, it is not our job to go around pulling out the tares, as much are we might be offended by their presence. Why? Because in doing so we damage the roots of the wheat growing up right beside them.

This is what I see happening when people attack individuals who are being used by God. Maybe all we can see is the sin in their lives, but for some reason God sees things differently and is using them for His purposes. And in what we might think is a holy crusade against the evils of sin, we turn ourselves into an enemy of God.

We cannot control who God chooses to use. I'm sure there was a list of several hundred thousand Israelis more qualified by our standards to be used instead of Samson. But it isn't our place to try to control God, or to pretend He isn't sovereign and doing things the way He sees fit. So we are left with only two choices. One is to get on board with what God is doing and contribute to the effort; the other is to take a stand against Him.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So if that is the case, how do you imagine that things work? Does God abandon me, and take complete offense, if I mistakenly entertain angels who are unaligned with Him and are really demons instead?

From experience I can testify that God puts up with a lot of mistakes from His followers. :cool: He is the one who called me, He is the one who keeps me. :clap:

Personally I think the parable of the wheat and the tares is applicable. As God's servants, it is not our job to go around pulling out the tares, as much are we might be offended by their presence. Why? Because in doing so we damage the roots of the wheat growing up right beside them.

This is what I see happening when people attack individuals who are being used by God. Maybe all we can see is the sin in their lives, but for some reason God sees things differently and is using them for His purposes. And in what we might think is a holy crusade against the evils of sin, we turn ourselves into an enemy of God.

We cannot control who God chooses to use. I'm sure there was a list of several hundred thousand Israelis more qualified by our standards to be used instead of Samson. But it isn't our place to try to control God, or to pretend He isn't sovereign and doing things the way He sees fit. So we are left with only two choices. One is to get on board with what God is doing and contribute to the effort; the other is to take a stand against Him.

Much like a follower of Jesus named Judas. God used him in a big way. I guess Peter and the others should have just got on board with him and contribute with the effort.

Regarding the wheat and tares, it's the angels that will seperate the two at the end of the Tribulation when the Lord returns for good.

As for the "wheat", we are to mark the "tares" and avoid them.

Upvote 0

jamadan

Jan 1, 2009
✟8,566.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

This is what I see happening when people attack individuals who are being used by God. Maybe all we can see is the sin in their lives, but for some reason God sees things differently a\nd is using them for His purposes. And in what we might think is a holy crusade against the evils of sin, we turn ourselves into an enemy of God.

God is indeed extremely patient, but there comes a point when the sinning continues and the heart hardens and God turns people over to their sin no longer protecting or buffering from the demons . . . to be taught a lesson. This movement is in that phase right now. Will they recognize it? Will they repent and turn back? We can only pray.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟248,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In both Islam and Mormonism the founder of the religion communed with an angel who gave new teaching. IMO this teaching from the Emma angel, it's a doorway to danger.

8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse!

Galatians 1:8.

We have the Son's teaching and the son is superior to angels.

:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tobias

Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
Gen 22:11 But the Angel of the Lord called to him from heaven and said, “Abraham, Abraham!”

So he said, “Here I am.”

12 And He said, “Do not lay your hand on the lad, or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me.”

Good thing Abraham listened to the voice of an angel! Where would our religion be today if he had refused to accept this messenger of God? Would you rather have had him ignore the voice of the angel, and completed the "word of the Lord" that had come to him earlier? The angel did come and tell him to do something contrary to what God had specifically told him!

By all rights, according to the doctrine taught in most churches, Abraham should not have accepted the word of an angel over the previously given command of God.

Upvote 0

jamadan

Jan 1, 2009
✟8,566.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I think Tobias' experience with the angel 'Emma' and talking to her never happened, to be honest. I think many in this movement are fueled more on hype, emotions, imagination, and illusions of grandeur than genuine spiritual experiences. I think much of that started with Joyner's supposed 'visions' of heaven that he wrote about . . . a product of his imagination rather than a genuine vision from God.

Upvote 0

Blueberrymuffin09

In Him I live and move.
Jul 23, 2011
✟1,395.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I think Tobias' experience with the angel 'Emma' and talking to her never happened, to be honest. I think many in this movement are fueled more on hype, emotions, imagination, and illusions of grandeur than genuine spiritual experiences. I think much of that started with Joyner's supposed 'visions' of heaven that he wrote about . . . a product of his imagination rather than a genuine vision from God.

And you know this how? Rather judgmental

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟248,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And you know this how? Rather judgmental

Paul spoke about a man who was taken to the third heaven and saw awesome things he could not express. You can feel the wonder, the reverence and the humility dripping off the pages.

In huge contrast some of the people today who have so cheapened the supernatural that it cannot be real to them. Buy the scoop of the experience at the bookstall.

What is precious to you will be held in high honour.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tobias

Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private

I ask the same questions of myself from time to time. I mean seriously, why should God make the effort to talk to me personally??? And then what about the angels and other spirits, especially the ones with popular identities? Why talk to me?

I have toyed with different theories, even some which are metaphysical and occultic in nature. But what I've found is that the Bible does give us a foundation of what to do in this case. :clap: It does in fact guide me down the path of what other servants of God have done when encountering angels and demons; one that is much more relevant to my situation rather than pretending nothing spiritual has ever happened to me.

Many times over the past several years I thought there is no way I can be a Christian with this stuff happening to me. But time and time again God shows me scriptural reference that guides me down the path He would have me take. Just when I think I have to abandon Christianity completely and look for spiritual guidance elsewhere, I am shown the way by the Holy Spirit.

I think this is similar to what has happened in the past. In the face of science, the Church first insisted that the Earth is the center of the Universe. Then we saw that scripture doesn't support popular Christian beliefs, but actually compliments science. Someone read that passage about the "sphere of the Earth" and we were ok with the idea that it really isn't flat after all.

In the face of humanism, atheism, and naturalism the Church has also adapted to fit that generation's needs. We find in scripture reason for Christians to be kind to other human beings, to use their intellects, and walk in this world in a way that accomplishes temporal virtues. But this is simply the adaptation of our religion as it has been passed on to us! These were the issues of our parents' and grandparents' day, not ours.

Today we are dealing with an occult revival of extreme proportions. Our parent's generation doubted all happenings that were spiritual in nature, but our's is exploring them with renewed interest. So what does God have to say about this? Continue to doubt those who testify of spiritual experience, and pretend the Bible doesn't talk about visions and encounters with angels and provide any spiritual guidance for those who experience these things?

We could be robing an entire generation of the benefits of scripture, and the God who guides us through them, if we continue to deny the fact that they are indeed still relevant for today's problems.

Upvote 0

jamadan

Jan 1, 2009
✟8,566.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Quite frankly, Tobias, I just don't believe you. I don't think these things are happening to you. I do believe that a demon named Emma was invited to Lakeland and was manifesting a demonic anointing that people, including you, were drinking up. As I was once again going to try to point out to you the dangers of your lack of discernment and acceptance of these things, when the Lord gave me a firm sense that you never had spirits coming through your and you never talked to an Emma. The impression I got was that you like to tell tales to impress people.

Upvote 0

Tobias

Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
Quite frankly, Tobias, I just don't believe you. I don't think these things are happening to you. I do believe that a demon named Emma was invited to Lakeland and was manifesting a demonic anointing that people, including you, were drinking up. As I was once again going to try to point out to you the dangers of your lack of discernment and acceptance of these things, when the Lord gave me a firm sense that you never had spirits coming through your and you never talked to an Emma. The impression I got was that you like to tell tales to impress people.

Well... alrighty then!

I really don't expect anyone to believe what I have to say about my experiences. All I ask is that people consider the scriptural position I present, and help me out if I've taken anything out of context or forgotten about other relevant passages that need taken into consideration.

God bless. I have enjoyed talking with you.

Upvote 0