Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You have a long road ahead. Imagine living in a world that supports your OCD(I see it). You are never going to get anywhere if your faith and OCD are allowed to collide.

I stop at the end of the driveway(when going somewhere) to make sure I'm not dragging one of my 2 daughters t their deaths. I've been doing that for 16 years.
Well,I’m ready to keep my faith in Jesus no matter how much I suffer,I love him too much to leave him.

• Winner
Reactions: PrincetonGuy
Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟120,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Blaise,

Coffee4u has in his camp 47 or 48 men (no women) who have earned a Ph.D. in some field of science but who became so severely obsessed with the teachings of young earth creationism that they made a shipwreck of their careers, became unemployable as scientists, and now work for young earth creationist organizations advocating for the very beliefs that destroyed them. Coffee4u also has in his camp several hundred pastors that do not know so much as the first three letters of the Hebrew alphabet or the first three letters of the Greek alphabet, but who belittle men who have devoted their lives to the study of the Scriptures in the languages in which God chose to give them to us.

On the other hand, I have in my camp over 3,000,000 men and women who have earned one or more doctorates in fields of science and who are currently employed as scientists and learning more and more everyday about this world that God created by speaking it into existence. I also have in my camp virtually every professor of Hebrew or the biblical languages collectively, teaching today in universities around the world.

Science and religion are two very different disciplines that do not intersect. Therefore, science could not care less about the teachings of religion. However, individual evolutionists and other scientists may have religious beliefs, and among evolutionists, we find Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, and Taoists, as well as persons with indigenous and ethnic beliefs. Some scientists, however, may have no religious beliefs, and a few of these scientists may be atheists—but atheism is uncommon among scientists because evidence is a major component of science, and evidence that God does on exist is seriously lacking!

In my ministry to a fellowship of atheists, I learned that nearly all of them had grown up in churches that taught the beliefs advocated for by coffee4u in his posts. They subsequently realized that young earth creationism is a man-made belief system based upon ignorance of both the Bible and science, and that it contradicts observable reality. If the young earth creationists have their way, you will likely share the same fate!

Blaise, Please carefully pray about it, and think about it. Are those 3,000,000+ scientists stupid? Or are they insane? Or are they demon possessed? Or are they men and women whom God created in His own image. Who is more likely to be able to correctly understand the book of Genesis— virtually every professor of Hebrew or the biblical languages collectively, teaching today in universities around the world, or pastors who do not know so much as the first three letters of the Hebrew alphabet?

For God is my witness, how I yearn for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus. And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God. Philippians 1:8-11, ESV​
Princeton,I appreciate your help.And as a brother I am here to warn you to still be loving to coffee.Remember what Jesus said about the works of the flesh,one of them was dissensions,I’m saying this out of love.Now there are parts of both I agree with.The Bible says “a thousand years are like a day In your sight” so it’s possible in a very likely degree the 6 days of Genesis were millions of years in the fathers sight and the concept of the Big Bang was brought to light by a Dutch Roman Catholic priest,and some of the most famous and renowned scientists,physicists,and lawcreators are Christian men themselves .Yet at the same time,the Bible doesn’t say when the father created the earth,and the oldest book,the book of job,is 6000 years old,plus there’s flaws in carbon dating and the theory of evolution.So I’m neutral on both,but cherish both sides.

• Friendly
Reactions: PrincetonGuy
Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟158,062.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Blaise,

Coffee4u has in his camp 47 or 48 men (no women) who have earned a Ph.D. in some field of science but who became so severely obsessed with the teachings of young earth creationism that they made a shipwreck of their careers, became unemployable as scientists, and now work for young earth creationist organizations advocating for the very beliefs that destroyed them. Coffee4u also has in his camp several hundred pastors that do not know so much as the first three letters of the Hebrew alphabet or the first three letters of the Greek alphabet, but who belittle men who have devoted their lives to the study of the Scriptures in the languages in which God chose to give them to us.

On the other hand, I have in my camp over 3,000,000 men and women who have earned one or more doctorates in fields of science and who are currently employed as scientists and learning more and more everyday about this world that God created by speaking it into existence. I also have in my camp virtually every professor of Hebrew or the biblical languages collectively, teaching today in universities around the world.

Science and religion are two very different disciplines that do not intersect. Therefore, science could not care less about the teachings of religion. However, individual evolutionists and other scientists may have religious beliefs, and among evolutionists, we find Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, and Taoists, as well as persons with indigenous and ethnic beliefs. Some scientists, however, may have no religious beliefs, and a few of these scientists may be atheists—but atheism is uncommon among scientists because evidence is a major component of science, and evidence that God does not exist is seriously lacking!

In my ministry to a fellowship of atheists, I learned that nearly all of them had grown up in churches that taught the beliefs advocated for by coffee4u in his posts. They subsequently realized that young earth creationism is a man-made belief system based upon ignorance of both the Bible and science, and that it contradicts observable reality. If the young earth creationists have their way, you will likely share the same fate!

Blaise, Please carefully pray about it, and think about it. Are those 3,000,000+ scientists stupid? Or are they insane? Or are they demon possessed? Or are they men and women whom God created in His own image. Who is more likely to be able to correctly understand the book of Genesis— virtually every professor of Hebrew or the biblical languages collectively, teaching today in universities around the world, or pastors who do not know so much as the first three letters of the Hebrew alphabet?

For God is my witness, how I yearn for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus. And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God. Philippians 1:8-11, ESV​

Her, I'm a woman. I get very tired of argumentative men such as yourself.

Yes, why not jump off a cliff because everyone else is. Hope you realize that the best lies, the most believable lies contain a lot of truth. It was tactic Satan used in the beginning to make them doubt and question Gods pure word.
Did God really say?
And Eve's reply? We can't eat or touch.

• Agree
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0