Visit site
✟91,749.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hebrew midwives in Exodus 1:15-21 deceived Pharaoh in order to save the lives of Hebrew male infants.

2 Kings 10:

18 Jehu brought all the people together and said to them, “Ahab served Baal a little; Jehu will serve him much.
Jehu lied about this and set a trap for all the servants of Baal to kill them all.

19 Now summon all the prophets of Baal, all his servants and all his priests. See that no one is missing, because I am going to hold a great sacrifice for Baal. Anyone who fails to come will no longer live.” But Jehu was acting deceptively in order to destroy the servants of Baal.
Yet, the Lord rewarded him for this.

30 The Lord said to Jehu, “Because you have done well in accomplishing what is right in my eyes and have done to the house of Ahab all I had in mind to do, your descendants will sit on the throne of Israel to the fourth generation.”
Did God approve of Jehu's lie?

Not explicitly, but he at least permitted Jehu's lie to work.

See also

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟10,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
  • Useful
Reactions: tonychanyt
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟10,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hebrew midwives in Exodus 1:15-21 deceived Pharaoh in order to save the lives of Hebrew male infants.

2 Kings 10:

Jehu lied about this and set a trap for all the servants of Baal to kill them all.

Yet, the Lord rewarded him for this.

Did God approve of Jehu's lie?

Not explicitly, but he at least permitted Jehu's lie to work.

See also

Not going to lie, Romans 8:28 is now, practically a bumper sticker... so it isn't all that helpful... yet it is. :D

• Haha
Reactions: tonychanyt
Upvote 0