Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,071,465.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Not a big deal. Period.

It says more about the OP then anything else.
If you caught me stealing a suitcase full of things valuable to you I guarantee your reply would not be a shrug of the shoulders and a no big deal!

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟710,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Convince you of something? You think I'm that keen on wasting my time?
Thank you for not wasting your or our time with another off topic post. This thread certainly seems important to you.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟105,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Breaking one of the ten commandments can be good?

I always love religious hypocrisy like this. It just shows how utterly shallow religious beliefs really are. ^_^
I am a Christian, and have noticed that a huge chunk of the far-right MAGAdonian crowd seem to enjoy ignoring the Bible's teachings on compassion, stewardship of the Earth and the 10 commandments. @rockytopva ignored Jesus' teachings when he made his post.

Even Pew Research says that 2/3 of Evangelical Protestants are MAGAs: 5 facts about religion and Americans’ views of Donald Trump

Glad that I am not part of that crowd, as Trumpism is idolatry.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟876,030.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I am a Christian, and have noticed that a huge chunk of the far-right MAGAdonian crowd seem to enjoy ignoring the Bible's teachings on compassion, stewardship of the Earth and the 10 commandments. @rockytopva ignored Jesus' teachings when he made his post.

Even Pew Research says that 2/3 of Evangelical Protestants are MAGAs: 5 facts about religion and Americans’ views of Donald Trump

You complain about rocky's OP as you denigrate half the country and others around the world.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟105,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You complain about rocky's OP as you denigrate half the country and others around the world.
Well sorry about that, though check Psalm 10:2-7 (that verse relates to politicians, on both sides of the aisle). God bless, Chesterton.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,071,465.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

Glad you are a Christian and I have no desire to do my enemy harm. But if we have lawmakers making it soft on crime I deem it a good thing for them to experience the terrible reality they are soft on at the expense on others they do not know.

4 And Satan answered the Lord, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life.
5 But put forth thine hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse thee to thy face. - Job 2

In other words the point is being made that man (especially lawmakers) does not really care on the reality that occurs to others.

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟105,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Glad you are a Christian and I have no desire to do my enemy harm. But if we have lawmakers making it soft on crime I deem it a good thing for them to experience the terrible reality they are soft on at the expense on others they do not know.

4 And Satan answered the Lord, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life.
5 But put forth thine hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse thee to thy face. - Job 2

In other words the point is being made that man (especially lawmakers) does not really care on the reality that occurs to others.
Well, powerful politicians and lawmakers from both parties, especially the far-right and even the far-left seem to be ignoring this warning from Psalms. This is my study from April 18.

Date
April 18, 2024​
Verse
Psalm 10:2-7 (NIV): In his arrogance the wicked man hunts down the weak, who are caught in the schemes he devises. He boasts about the cravings of his heart; he blesses the greedy and reviles the Lord. In his pride the wicked man does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God. His ways are always prosperous; your laws are rejected by him; he sneers at all his enemies. He says to himself, “Nothing will ever shake me.” He swears, “No one will ever do me harm.” His mouth is full of lies and threats; trouble and evil are under his tongue.​
Explanation
This passage describes the arrogant and wicked behavior of an individual who disregards God and preys upon the weak. The wicked man hunts down and schemes against the vulnerable, boasts about his desires, blesses the greedy, and rejects God's laws.

In modern culture, we can find examples of individuals who embody the wicked man's behavior described in Psalm 10:2-7. These figures might be found in business, politics, or entertainment industries where power and wealth are highly valued. They often use their influence to manipulate, deceive, and harm others for their own gain.​
Life Anecdote
1. To respond to this verse in our daily lives, we should make attempts to be aware of the existence of wicked individuals and their tactics. Recognize that these people exist and that they may try to take advantage of us or others.​
2. Maintaining a strong connection with God through faith is crucial in navigating life's challenges. We should stay rooted in our commitment to Him and seek His guidance and wisdom.
3. Practicing compassion towards those who are vulnerable or marginalized is essential. Standing up for the weak and advocating for their rights ensures they are not exploited or taken advantage of by wicked individuals.
4. Living according to God's commandments, especially loving our neighbors as ourselves, is crucial in creating a positive impact on our communities. We should extend kindness and respect to all people, regardless of their background or circumstances.
5. Praying for wicked individuals and their eventual repentance is a vital response to this verse. We should not judge them but instead extend forgiveness and grace as God has extended to us through His Son, Jesus Christ. Additionally, seeking wisdom and guidance from trusted sources like pastors, spiritual leaders, or mentors can provide valuable perspective and insight when dealing with difficult situations involving wicked individuals.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,071,465.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Haven't seen a hot take this bad since someone hit Nancy Pelosi's husband in the head with a hammer.

Sounds like a good idea for another Beach Boy's hit, "Having all the fun in California!"

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟147,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

I, for one, am not eager to stifle another’s sense of schadenfreude (no matter how mundane the source).

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟558,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
LOS ANGELES — San Francisco has earned an unwelcome national reputation for car burglaries that U.S. Rep. Adam Schiff was reminded of the hard way: The Democratic congressman had his luggage swiped from his car while it was parked in a downtown garage.

Hmm.. theft from his own constituents. If they catch the thief will the Democratic DA chose to prosecute?
I think there’s some confusion here. Adam Schiff is a representative in Los Angeles and this happened in San Francisco.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟835,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I think there’s some confusion here. Adam Schiff is a representative in Los Angeles and this happened in San Francisco.
Not to mention that congresscritters don't have any particular control over state and local issues.

Upvote 0