Apr 1, 2002
✟19,803.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi all..I'm wondering if some of you can help me out.

I want to start doing daily devontionals, but I have no idea on how to start.
Do I pick any verse, or do I pray and a verse will come to me, and do I write it down in a journal, or ??
Any info you guys can share with me, on how you do it, I would so appreciate it..
Thank you so much!

:pink: Allison

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
You might do a theme like "love" or "money" or "praise" or "life" like I'm doing right now.

Then look up verses and study whatever one "hits" you.

I have a word doc on my desktop and I just open it and paste the verse into the doc, then I can compare it to yesterday's verse and the day before's and so on.

I might type up a paraphrase of the verse, just to put it into my own words. Then I wait for the meaning to hit me. God never fails to talk to me about whatever I'm studying, even if it isn't right away. Sometimes it'll be when I'm cutting the grass or scrubbing the tub. Just wait on God and think about the verse throughout the day.

That's what I do, anyway.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
bible.crosswalk.com has an online Bible search. I use that a lot these days. You can type in a word and search for all verses with that word in about a dozen different translations. It's slow and cumbersome, but it's free, so I use that one instead of one of the ones you have to subscribe to. You can click to read the whole context and to look at commentaries on the verse.

I posted my verse in the shout box this morning.

Upvote 0