Creationism should not be taught in schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
I would like to debate why creationism should not be taught in schools. I would be AGAINST creationism. Anyone want to debate?
You might want to specify that creationism should not be taught in science class, rather than suggesting it should not be taught at all.

These kind of beliefs have been held for centuries, and have had a significant impact on society, so I believe that kids should be taught about them, but in philosophy or theology classes, rather than in science class.

Upvote 0

bloodbought09

Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
united states
✟10,354.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So glad to see you agree that creationism should be taught in our public schools. If God says it and He cannot lie, then I can count it as knowledge and wisdom.

God gave us the commandments and no one can live by His high standards. There is one, Jesus Christ, the Son of God who died for us so that we might be righteous through Him. No good that we can do would ever warrant us a place in heaven. For all have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God. But while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. We were children of wrath but now we can live in relationship to Him as His very own children.

Truly the issue here is not creationism not being scientific. The real issue is sin and laying down our lives to take up His life. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life, no one comes to the Father but through Him.

Knowledge puffs up but love edifies. Jesus is the perfect love that casts out fear. For God does not give us the spirit of fear but of power, love, and a sound mind.

Reactions: Saricharity
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Feb 20, 2015
✟796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I said creationism should NOT be taught in schools. I disagree with you. Creationism has no basis in reality.

yet you would happily teach things in school such as evolution, knowing that they are not proven facts but merely our best guess based on current information and may change radically at any time based on any new information.

Upvote 0

bloodbought09

Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
united states
✟10,354.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I said creationism should NOT be taught in schools. I disagree with you. Creationism has no basis in reality.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

I think it is a very good basis in reality. It is tangible and we can see what He has created. Not only that, we can also go to His word to learn about Him and everything. All we get from those who push evolution is a bunch of ridicule for wanting to know the truth from a God who cannot lie. Besides Jesus does tell us:

Matthew 7:24-27

24. Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25. And the rain descended and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Upvote 0

nonbeliever314

....grinding teeth.
Mar 11, 2015
✟8,292.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
May I ask why you are requesting a formal debate? What type of rules would you propose to frame the discussion?

I thought it would just be a more fair way to debate the topic instead the usual 30+ people responding. But it doesn't matter to me, we can all just debate about it, it seems like it already has started anyway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nonbeliever314

....grinding teeth.
Mar 11, 2015
✟8,292.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

I think it is a very good basis in reality. It is tangible and we can see what He has created. Not only that, we can also go to His word to learn about Him and everything. All we get from those who push evolution is a bunch of ridicule for wanting to know the truth from a God who cannot lie. Besides Jesus does tell us:

Matthew 7:24-27

24. Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25. And the rain descended and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Are you anti-science, pro-science, or sort of in between?

Upvote 0

bloodbought09

Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
united states
✟10,354.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am anti-lies and pro-truth.

Romans 1:16-20

16. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. (It is the power of God to save because He does not desire that people perish but that all would come to the realization of the truth. So that by His power they might be saved and not perish.)

17. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

18. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; (They actually supress the truth in unrighteousness)

19. Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shown it unto them.

20. For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; (so that they are without excuse:)

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever shall believe in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Upvote 0

Resha Caner

Expert Fool
Sep 16, 2010
✟155,600.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I thought it would just be a more fair way to debate the topic instead the usual 30+ people responding. But it doesn't matter to me, we can all just debate about it, it seems like it already has started anyway.

I'm not sure it's in the letter of the law, but it is in the spirit of this forum that someone who poses a question here won't be blindsided with all kinds of extraneous commentary on their topic. So, I'm disappointed that my fellow believers are engaging in such behavior.

I doubt I'd be interested in debating you, but I thought I would check. If you had some specific conditions in mind - definitions of creationism, science class, school, etc. - what claims need to be supported and cited - whether judges would be used - and so forth. I just thought it would be worth hearing you out on what parameters you wanted to set.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Long history on this board of debating this topic, for obvious reasons.

I think it would be an interesting debate, if proper rules and guidelines are set up for both sides to follow.

I would agree, it should be regarding science class and not school in general.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.