Countries That Have Dragon On Their Flag

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟459,329.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dragons on Flags
Wales: The dragon has been the symbol for Wales since the 800s, but the dragon was not put on the Welsh flag until 1959. The Welsh flag features a red dragon with wings, four legs and an arrow-shaped tail. The Welsh call their flag Y Draig Goch, which means “red dragon,” and the motto of Wales is “the red dragon advances.”

Bhutan: Bhutan is a country in the Eastern Himalayan Mountains. Bhutan means “land of the dragon.” Their flag features a white, Chinese-style dragon with a pearl clutched in each paw.

Malta: The Republic of Malta is a group of Islands in the Mediterranean Sea. You have to look closely at the Maltese flag to find the dragon. In the top left-hand corner is the George Cross, a medal awarded by the King of England for bravery. In the middle of the George Cross is an image of Saint George slaying his dragon. Malta was awarded the George Cross for helping the allies in World War II
Flag of Wales
dragon-on-flags-05.jpg

Flag of Bhutan
dragon-on-flags-06.jpg

Flag of Malta

mt-flag.jpg

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Many countries have the Christian cross on their flags. Most are WASP countries. Could it be that they are the descendants of "the lost sheep of the house of Israel" that Christ was "sent only to"?

Cross Flags - Flag Identification

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟301,845.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The flag of Malta includes the "George's Cross," which in turn includes a dragon, because St. George is believed by Christian tradition to have slain the dragon.

So if anyone is thinking that the showing of an image of a dragon in the case of Malta is somehow a tribute to dragons, they have it backwards.

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟459,329.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many countries have the Christian cross on their flags. Most are WASP countries. Could it be that they are the descendants of "the lost sheep of the house of Israel" that Christ was "sent only to"?

Cross Flags - Flag Identification

And then there are also many false imitators that come in the name of Christ.
Satan trying to be a master at it by making himself look like an angel of light.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And then there are also many false imitators that come in the name of Christ.
Satan trying to be a master at it by making himself look like an angel of light.

I don't think the flags are an indicator of the spiritual health of those countries, but the idea that they might be identifying the descendants of "lost Israel" is fascinating.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't quite get why "Protestant" is critical to this discussion, but it certainly is true that the nations which prominently feature a Christian cross on their flags are almost always Protestant. Almost.

Protestant is critical to the theory that those countries represent lost Israel, as anything Roman would be in opposition to them, as history certainly attests.

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟459,329.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think the flags are an indicator of the spiritual health of those countries, but the idea that they might be identifying the descendants of "lost Israel" is fascinating.

It could be anything. Most of my observation in my research is that some of those countries believe that their Christ is different and a real one, not who was born in the Bethlehem. They developed theories suggesting how they are the real Christ. They tried to wipe off every evidence of the Jesus of Nazareth and tried to take over His identity and implied that the prophecies pointing to Messiah are about them. Look for the information about some greek gods who also come from those countries that have cross on their national flag.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It could be anything. Most of my observation in my research is that some of those countries believe that their Christ is different and a real one, not who was born in the Bethlehem. They developed theories suggesting how they are the real Christ. They tried to wipe off every evidence of the Jesus of Nazareth and tried to take over His identity and implied that the prophecy pointing to Messiah are about them. Look for the information about some greek gods who also come from those countries that have cross on their national flag.

Some are likely counterfeit, tares as it were. Not surprising.

I think the cross is indicative of nationality as much as religion.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It could be anything. Most of my observation in my research is that some of those countries believe that their Christ is different and a real one, not who was born in the Bethlehem.

Which countries would those be?

They developed theories suggesting how they are the real Christ. They tried to wipe off every evidence of the Jesus of Nazareth and tried to take over His identity and implied that the prophecies pointing to Messiah are about them.
Look for the information about some greek gods who also come from those countries that have cross on their national flag.

Denmark, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, England, Scotland, most of the members of the British Commonwealth...

I don't think so.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Roman Empire was against Protestantism??

The Roman Empire oppressed those who later became Protestants. Fast forward to today. The Roman church and Protestantism are still at odds.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The Roman Empire oppressed those who later became Protestants. Fast forward to today. The Roman church and Protestantism are still at odds.
The Roman Empire that ended in AD 476 "oppressed those who" first appeared in AD 1517 ?

Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Roman Empire that ended in AD 476 "oppressed those who" first appeared in AD 1517 ?

Sorry, I meant the Holy Roman Empire, especially under Charlemagne.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, I meant the Holy Roman Empire, especially under Charlemagne.
Ah hah! :)

This makes it clearer what the theory in question concerns...at least in general. That said, none of the countries I named that have a cross flag were ever part of the Holy Roman Empire. So the idea is that they took a stand against the HRE's policies or prided themselves on a heritage that owed nothing to the HRE etc. etc. (?)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟323,372.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Are countries with 5 pointed stars on their flag Satanic?

That comes to mind because at one time there were people claiming any record album with such stars was Satanic. Stars and Stripes Forever by The Nitty Gritty Dirt band had more such stars than any other album I know of.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ah hah! :)

This makes it clearer what the theory in question concerns...at least in general. That said, none of the countries I named that have a cross flag were ever part of the Holy Roman Empire. So the idea is that they took a stand against the HRE's policies or prided themselves on a heritage that owed nothing to the HRE etc. etc. (?)

It would be interesting to learn when and why those countries adopted their flags, and, declared themselves Protestant.

Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Not only have the Ten Tribes mingled with every nation, but it has zero spiritual significance, because every nation mingles with every nation.

Wales wasn't assumed to have a flag until recently because it wasn't deemed to have enough status to have an official flag. Its administrative arrangements were a minor variation on England's.

Like the OP says dragons have ended up on flags all over the world. Folklore goes back thousands of years.

We don't need to be superstitious about superstition, but ask God to protect our countries from serious moral ills - theft, oppression.

It's even "Wednes' Day" or if you prefer "Mercre-Di" ;):eek::rolleyes:o_O

Upvote 0