Orlando, Florida
✟1,269,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Are you incapable of perceiving *anything* as something other than dogma, philosophy, and morality. There is more to life than those limited things. I'm remembering why I stopped talking with you. Every conversation had to be drawn into its relation to your "worldview" and how it was different than my "worldview". Twaddle.

You want to know why conservatives are a failure. Here it is:

They have become obsessed with their "worldview" to the point where nothing else matters or interferes with how they perceive politics and policy. Facts be come irrelevant to such people and their views become untethered from objective, observable reality. That's why they fail. It's the same reason the Communist states fell -- a fantasy version of important portions of society (in their case economics and human motivations).

Everybody has a worldview but what I really notice among most conservatives is a lack of flexibility or a refuse to put their worldview under scrutiny, or to entertain contrary ideas seriously and in good faith. Indeed, this goes against the spirit of conservativism fundamentally, since they believe so strongly in the value of "tradition", that it becomes the overriding concern that transvalues all other values.

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Ragdoll

Apr 26, 2022
Madison, WI
✟22,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
What war, and what is the war fighting for?
I saw your post and Jacks reply to your post. Though I have to question whether or not you know what's at stake here? Lets say there is a civil war. Now whether or not you decide to defend yourself in that war is irrelevant. Though you should know what we are fighting for. Every conservstive and Christian in this country should know what we are fighting for. Even outside the sphere of civil war we are fighting a very dark and evil political war for the soul of our country. We must know this first before we can go forward as a nation. Most conservatives I know have every reason to fight and die for their nation. They would rather die than become slaves to the State. I am surprised that there are people here who just don't know what we are fighting against.

Politically, we are fighting for our rights to exist and be who we are. We are fighting to remain Christians or just average every day Americans. We are fighting against tyranny which is taking our country over. We want to preserve those nice and relaxed day we had before everyone got crazy. We want good leaders and not bad ones. We want to be able to pay for our cost of living and not spend more than we make (as we are now). We do not want taxation without representation (remember Pelosi saying to pass the bill to find out what's in it?).

If there ever is another civil war we would be fighting for our rights to be alive. We would be fighting for the right to be straight and Christians and normal people who are not unhinged. We would be fighting for everything we understand as good. We'd be fighting for everything mentioned in Philippians 4:8

The left have no reason to fight politically or in a civil war scenario. They fight us because they've been emboldened to act radically by the government who funds these radical street gangs who attack normal average citizens. They would shape up real quick if we either won the next election and won big, or decided its time for another civil war. For they have nothing to fight for and nothing to die for. They just expect us conservatives and Christians to roll over dead for them so they can take everything from us---everything! Its time to take our stand and remove these evil people from power. We need to stand as one people, one country and one united voice against these tyrants who seek only harm against us.

STAND!

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟108,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The liberal agenda is heading out the door, are you unaware of the US Supreme Courts decisions, it's no going to stop, 2-3 years and America will be back on track
But this one is naively optimistic.

Upvote 0

Ragdoll

Apr 26, 2022
Madison, WI
✟22,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
But this one is naively optimistic.
Maybe....or maybe not. Its really up to us in how we vote and take our stand in this coming General Election. We can win and we can restore our country. But if we lose our country is forever changed. So we need to act at this point.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟316,026.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Conservatives have fallen asleep at the wheel for the last decades while the left walked into all the institutions (including the church and military) and now today the left and postmodernism is pervasive everywhere and it seems too far gone, and conservatives and Christians have to tolerate it. Now it's even reaching into many areas that were previously conservative.
To be fair Conservatives brought all of this when they started demonising the very institutions where they used to have influence and doubling down on fear and paranoia.

Conservative Christianity has driven people away in their droves by being a movement of negativity.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟316,026.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The problem is the rise of "equality." It's championed by women. This heavily infects churches too.

Women are able to throw their weight around via the vote. Women out vote men because of two primary reasons:

1. More women equals more votes.
2. More men at the top and bottom of societies equals split votes.

Given enough time, when women can vote they will always take over. Welcome to Barbieland, Ken.

At this point there is no going back. We're going where we're going. And it's not going to be pretty.
That sounds like it belongs in the conspiracy theory sub forum.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟316,026.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
To me the common good is salvation in Jesus and eternal life, could that be the common good?
That’s a big part of why Christian Conservatism is on the wane. The majority of people just don’t believe any more. The egalitarian nature of information is near complete in western countries and this has be true ever since the advent of the printed word.

More information means fewer Christians and since American conservatism got into bed with Christianity more information also means fewer Conservatives.

Upvote 0

Ragdoll

Apr 26, 2022
Madison, WI
✟22,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
That’s a big part of why Christian Conservatism is on the wane. The majority of people just don’t believe any more. The egalitarian nature of information is near complete in western countries and this has be true ever since the advent of the printed word.

More information means fewer Christians and since American conservatism got into bed with Christianity more information also means fewer Conservatives.
I will not argue with you. What you are saying here is true. We live in the prophet paradigm of the Great Falling Away. However, this new radical atheist movement is entirely based on lies and manipulating. A time is coming when people will realize what they have lost in their Christian roots and what they need in their lives. They will see the lies of their parents and rebel against them. Sometimes rebellion takes a different point of view and can be a justifed rebellion. I speak as a former rebel and former Satanist in my much younger years in which I'm happy to say are years far removed from my present. There is no way this woke agenda is gonna last. No way. It will collapse on its own folly. A fool's reward.

Reactions: RoBo1988
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟93,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I Disagree, conservative MAGA Donald J. Trump is leading Biden in all the polls, Trump has increased his percentages over the 2020 election in all minority categories, even picking up percentage points amongst voters under 35

Conservatism covers a broad base in America, and it's not confined to Christianity

Example: (Muslims) oppose abortion and homosexuality, and the majority are voting conservatives Trump 2024, same applies to many that are outside religious circles

Upvote 0

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟94,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That’s a big part of why Christian Conservatism is on the wane. The majority of people just don’t believe any more
Have "conservatives" given anyone a reason to believe?

The so called"conservatives ", conserve nothing. They are supposed to be the guardians of our constitution ( P.S. Democrats are supposed to be as well).

2017 A majority in the house and Senate as well as the POTUS, and they drag their feet to get anything accomplished.

They are basketball's Washington Generals, the team that's paid (very well) to lose.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟562,155.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There is no way this woke agenda is gonna last. No way. It will collapse on its own folly. A fool's reward.
The entire course of American history follows an arc of increasing “wokeness”: first, it was rights for the governed, then abolition, then women’s right to vote, then progressively more rights for women and minorities, then rights for gays.

This march isn’t a straight line, but it’s generally headed in one direction.

Upvote 0

Ragdoll

Apr 26, 2022
Madison, WI
✟22,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
The entire course of American history follows an arc of increasing “wokeness”: first, it was rights for the governed, then abolition, then women’s right to vote, then progressively more rights for women and minorities, then rights for gays.

This march isn’t a straight line, but it’s generally headed in one direction.
I do not see a problem with rights given to people who should have rights. I do see a problem with how Obama era progressives have taken something good like civil rights and turned it into something sinister and evil. They have gone too far and have forgotten where they came from. I would not blame the founders for this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Truth7t7
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟316,026.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I Disagree, conservative MAGA Donald J. Trump is leading Biden in all the polls, Trump has increased his percentages over the 2020 election in all minority categories, even picking up percentage points amongst voters under 35

Conservatism covers a broad base in America, and it's not confined to Christianity

Example: (Muslims) oppose abortion and homosexuality, and the majority are voting conservatives Trump 2024, same applies to many that are outside religious circles
Let’s wait for the election.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟562,155.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I do not see a problem with rights given to people who should have rights. I do see a problem with how from Obama era progressives have taken something food like civil rights and turned it into something sinister and evil. They have gone too far and have forgotten where they came from. I would not blame the founders for this.
That's more-or-less the same line given every time the left tries to push for expanded rights for some group. And in ~10 years, what is now considered "too far" will be considered acceptable and there will be a new threshold for "too far."

• Agree
Reactions: Ragdoll
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,266.00
Faith
Pentecostal
American conservative individualism is too often selfish and greedy.

Recognizing the human rights of others is not group think. Providing a work environment where all can flourish encourages creativity.
Individualism certainly can be greedy and selfish. However that most certainly is not the perview of conservatism. The left of this country has become extremely individualistic.

And of course recognizing human rights is crucial.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,266.00
Faith
Pentecostal
That's more-or-less the same line given every time the left tries to push for expanded rights for some group. And in ~10 years, what is now considered "too far" will be considered acceptable and there will be a new threshold for "too far."
And therein lies the problem. And people say the slippery slope doesn't exist. Well it's pretty obvious it does. And the conservatives have up until now done a very poor job of dealing with it.

Feelings and emotions have taken the place of rationality and reality.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.