Berlin
✟9,303.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Not exactly Anabaptist but I couldn't find better place.

I'm wondering if there are some Moravians, maybe some groups in Moravian Church I couldn't find, that support traditional views on sexuality, pastor ordination etc? I feel Moravian Church is very close to me, I like many aspects of Moravians, but the problem is I didn't find anything like this. Maybe Moravian Church is not (yet...) so liberal like liberal anglicans or liberal lutherans but ordination of women is widely practiced in whole Moravian Church. in America, especially North Province of Moravian Church, acceptance for homosexual unions or ministers is growing, also close relationship with the Episcopal Church or liberal ELCA doesn't help... So I'm still didn't decide to join Moravian Church because of that. But maybe there are some conservative Moravian groups, maybe here are some Moravians too?

Michael Snow

Sep 24, 2015
✟36,351.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Moravians were a major influence on John Wesley and his renewal. Not having been in areas where Moravian church exists, I did not know that they, like the Methodists, are departing from Scripture.

But maybe, like the Anabaptists and Quakers, there may still be small conservative groups.

Upvote 0