Honolulu
✟3,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I am unfamiliar, how is the original variation un-Christian in principals?
To answer your question, the Christian variation is cooperative in that the participants help each other to achieve a collective score. That's why the pegging is done on a single track instead of multiple. And there are other rules in the game too.
The point is that the Christian variation is cooperative rather than competitive, so the spirit of cooperation supports the Christian principle of humbleness, humility. This is in sharp contrast to Chess which is competitive and so stirs up Pride, an Emotion which is frowned on in the Bible. Seen in that light, Chess is somewhat UNChristian. The competitiveness of Chess encourages the emotion of pride whereas Christian-Cribbage focuses on humility, therefore preferable for a Christian.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟783,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ah, I see. I certainly have no issues playing a different version of the game that helps teach good values. I also don't really see any issue with playing the standard versions of the games. One can develop pride in many different ways, games are not where it stops. I think it may be better to teach someone to play and win with humility, confronting the potential pride and slaying it.

Upvote 0