Can a Christian relationship last long and happy when the couple has little to nothing in common with each other ?

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟588,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes.

Look at how God expected Jacob to love his wife Leah, even though he did not want her and was tricked into marrying her >

Genesis 29:15-31.

And our Apostle Paul loved God's children "as a nursing mother cherishes her own children" > in 1 Thessalonians 2:7.

And here is how he loved the Corinthians, even if ones loved him less and less >

"And I will very gladly spend and be spent for your souls; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I am loved." (2 Corinthians 12:15)

So, from this I see how God does not have us give up on any person or marriage or other relationship. So, if both spouses agree to love each other and not make a problem about their different interests, they can enjoy whatever they do share.

In my experience, I understand my companion has things I could care less about, but I dearly love her and appreciate and honor how she loves and blesses and helps different people; so I spend time with her while she does different things. My love for her feeds me plenty . . . maybe like how God's grace was sufficient for Paul so he took "pleasure" (2 Corinthians 12:7-15) in his troubles which he went through in his relationship with Jesus.

Jesus was His Reward for going through things for the sake of Jesus and in His love having Heaven's own pleasant rest and intimacy. And, like this, with my sweetie I am rewarded by how God's love is, and I can learn how to share with her > as we grow in Jesus we have better and better love and sharing, which is so better than whatever material things we do have or we don't. And God is the creative One who makes things work so well, using whatsoever for His purpose.

Upvote 0