Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hey Millennials:wave: Who here watches cable/satellite tv? Who prefers streaming services? Who watches a combination of both?

Each generation have different preferences. Apparently, Millennials prefer to watch TV online and on streaming services (we are dubbed 'cord-cutters'). Is this true for you?

On that note - What are you watching? Which series/documentary etc.?
I replaced cable with YouTube TV almost three years ago, no regrets about that. It feels like that service is in a category of its own though because it's a streaming service but offers the same thing as cable (live TV). Although if it weren't for sports I wouldn't have it at all, I watch other streaming services for entertainment. Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Peacock, AppleTV+, MLB.tv, etc. I only pay for Prime, AppleTV+ and MLB.tv; different family members pay for Netflix, YTTV, Disney, and Peacock and we all share everything.

I work in television, and I can tell you it's dying. Ad revenue keeps dropping which is the lifeblood of local stations, they keep shuttering leaving fewer and fewer across the country to reach more and more markets.

Meanwhile, streaming services easily produce content that broadcast TV can't rival. The quality of the shows and films all of them can't be matched, especially when the FCC hamstrings broadcast networks but not the streaming services. Maybe that'll change, maybe Congress will find a way to regulate streaming services or maybe they won't and it'll lead to the eventual death broadcast TV.

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟428,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I use DishAnywhere for tv. I get all my moms Dish channels without a cable box. I sometimes use my dad's FuboTV app.

Upvote 0