Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OXFORD, England (OSV News) — Catholic bishops in England and Wales have rejected “gender identitytheory,” reminding Catholic schools and parishes to uphold traditional teachings on human identity and sexuality.

“Many conflicting, divergent and often contradictory views of the human person have found wide acceptance … they have led to holders of traditional theories being cancelled or even losing their jobs,” the bishops said.

“We should never seek to cause offence to another, including in situations where the other person advocates a view of reality that is different from or departs from the Church’s vision of the human person. Yet care should be taken to resist the temptation to adopt the language of gender ideology in our institutions,” they added.

The call was included in an 11-page “Intricately Woven by the Lord” pastoral reflection on gender, published April 24 by the Westminster-based bishops’ conference.

Responding to a ‘new language’​

Continued below.

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,303,352.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Ahem

@RileyG. please be aware that there are RC Bishops in Scotland and Wales and Northern Ireland too - and these countries are all part of the British Isles so the correct use of British is that used in the original Post

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟159,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Good for them! May God bless England with many good and faithful shepherds.
Ditto. I used to volunteer in a nursing home and there was another volunteer there who was a male dressed up like a woman. Everybody was acting like there was nothing odd going on. I eventually couldn’t stand it any longer and talked to my boss saying something like “you know (name) is a man, don’t you?. It turned out everybody knew. Eventually this person quit because he didn’t feel accepted there.
Months or a year or so later my hubby and I were at a furniture store and ran into this guy who was with another man both dressed up like woman.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟248,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Ditto. I used to volunteer in a nursing home and there was another volunteer there who was a male dressed up like a woman. Everybody was acting like there was nothing odd going on. I eventually couldn’t stand it any longer and talked to my boss saying something like “you know (name) is a man, don’t you?. It turned out everybody knew. Eventually this person quit because he didn’t feel accepted there.
Months or a year or so later my hubby and I were at a furniture store and ran into this guy who was with another man both dressed up like woman.
That’s ridiculous.

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟159,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That’s ridiculous.
My husband had heard about him before but never met him until that day. Hubby was speechless. And his friend looked even more ridiculous than the one I’d worked with. They not only were dressed like women but were wearing makeup. And might I say that his friend didn’t have any idea how to apply the makeup, either.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟248,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
My husband had heard about him before but never met him until that day. Hubby was speechless. And his friend looked even more ridiculous than the one I’d worked with. They not only were dressed like women but were wearing makeup. And might I say that his friend didn’t have any idea how to apply the makeup, either.
They’re men, what do you expect them to know about make up? ;)

Upvote 0

Sunflower39

Anglican
Aug 23, 2023
UK
✟23,544.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
OXFORD, England (OSV News) — Catholic bishops in England and Wales have rejected “gender identitytheory,” reminding Catholic schools and parishes to uphold traditional teachings on human identity and sexuality.

“Many conflicting, divergent and often contradictory views of the human person have found wide acceptance … they have led to holders of traditional theories being cancelled or even losing their jobs,” the bishops said.

“We should never seek to cause offence to another, including in situations where the other person advocates a view of reality that is different from or departs from the Church’s vision of the human person. Yet care should be taken to resist the temptation to adopt the language of gender ideology in our institutions,” they added.

The call was included in an 11-page “Intricately Woven by the Lord” pastoral reflection on gender, published April 24 by the Westminster-based bishops’ conference.

Responding to a ‘new language’​

Continued below.
Wow, some common sense!

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums