Boycott McDonalds for God

B

BigBadWlf

My girlfriend abhors McDonalds, but I don't mind them really.

And yeah, what is the AFA on? I think I'll drop them a line pointing out that, really, honestly there's no such thing as a "homosexual agenda" and anyone who thinks there is needs their head examining!!!

Sorry, end of rant.

David.
Well remember the AFA was founded none other than Paul Cameron.

In 1982 he was found guilty of perjury in U.S. District court. U.S. district judge, Jerry
Buchmeyer, stated "he is not a credible witness." And “"...his continuing misrepresentation of Kinsey data and other research sources on homosexuality, inflammatory and other inaccurate public statements about homosexuals, and his fabrication to a Nebraska newspaper about the supposed sexual mutilation of a 4-year-old boy by a homosexual."

Cameron was expelled from the American Psychiatric Association in 1983 for ethics violation. He falsified research data and blatantly lied about the legitimate research of others. what subject was he lying about? Homosexuality. He then tried to pass himself as a sociologist but the ASA was on to him and refused to publish his lies.

In the years since then nothing has changed Cameron continues to fabricate fake studies and lie about the research of others. Some of his more famous lies include:
Homosexuals have a life expectancy of 38 years.
Half of all child sexual assaults are perpetrated by homosexuals.
38% if all homosexuals entering conversion therapy convert to fully functional heterosexuals.
Homosexuals are 5000 times more likely to have a STD

In 1984 Cameron suggested to then Surgeon General Coop the way to deal with AIDS was to create thousands of Nazi death camps in the United States where any and all homosexuals would be interred, tortured, mutilated and eventually murdered.

Pretty much any time a right wing Christina make some sort of bizarre claim about homosexuals, you can bet Paul Cameron is behind that lie.

After being kicked out of legitimate scientific circles Cameron was invited to form an organization in association with James Dobson and Focus on the Family. The end result was the AFA.

Cameron continues to crate fake studies for the Christian right. Dobson and his kin know the statements they make about gays and lesbians are blatant lies but he continues to use them anyway.

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does anyone know if Cracker Barrel still openly discriminates against gays and lesbians in their hiring procedure? I remember there was a huge debacle over this a few years ago, because Cracker Barrel maintained a strict "don't ask, don't tell" policy with its employees.

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Does anyone know if Cracker Barrel still openly discriminates against gays and lesbians in their hiring procedure? I remember there was a huge debacle over this a few years ago, because Cracker Barrel maintained a strict "don't ask, don't tell" policy with its employees.

Found this on Wikipedia:
However, after 10 years of efforts by the New York City Employees Retirement System, a major shareholder, in 2002 the company's stockholders, in a proxy vote of historic proportion, voted 58% to rescind the practice. While a formal shareholder vote was never taken, immediately after that, the board of directors added sexual orientation to the company's nondiscrimination policy.

Reactions: Aerika
Upvote 0

NPH

Jul 25, 2005
✟6,871.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The American Family Association (talk about a false title)

I recently saw it suggested that anytime you see a right-wing organization using the word 'family' in it's title you should mentally substitute the word 'patriarchy' and it'll make a lot more sense.

The American Patriarchy Association. Yep, fits them perfectly :D

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I recently saw it suggested that anytime you see a right-wing organization using the word 'family' in it's title you should mentally substitute the word 'patriarchy' and it'll make a lot more sense.

The American Patriarchy Association. Yep, fits them perfectly :D

Seems to work just as well to substitute "anti-gay". American Anti-gay Association may even be a better fit. ;)

Upvote 0

beamishboy

Jan 3, 2008
✟6,878.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Give me a nice home-made burger and proper chippy chips any day.

Of course the original chips are made in England. That's why McDonald's calls their chips "fries". But all the same, the food isn't all that bad in McDonald's. The burgers are OK. But frankly, I prefer a zinger from KFC. I go so often to the KFC at Leicester Square that I can get to it blindfolded.

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Of course the original chips are made in England. That's why McDonald's calls their chips "fries". But all the same, the food isn't all that bad in McDonald's. The burgers are OK. But frankly, I prefer a zinger from KFC. I go so often to the KFC at Leicester Square that I can get to it blindfolded.

Actually, the original chips (frites) are typically acknowledged to have come from Belgium (and more precisely in Flanders) -- and last I tasted they still have the best. And even those who don't believe they first came from Belgium agree that they were invented in Western Europe (Belgium, France, or Spain). In fact, the first chip in England was made by a Belgian.

Upvote 0

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens

Oh yeah, KFC are good (and yeah, the one on Leicester Square is pretty cool...actually, if I end up in London later today - which, let's just say, is a possibility - I might pop in there).

McDonald's do good shakes. And I love their Filet o Fish. I don't actually like burgers though. *shrugs*

David.

Upvote 0

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
Well remember the AFA was founded none other than Paul Cameron.

In 1982 he was found guilty of perjury in U.S. District court. U.S. district judge, Jerry
Buchmeyer, stated "he is not a credible witness." And “"...his continuing misrepresentation of Kinsey data and other research sources on homosexuality, inflammatory and other inaccurate public statements about homosexuals, and his fabrication to a Nebraska newspaper about the supposed sexual mutilation of a 4-year-old boy by a homosexual."

Cameron was expelled from the American Psychiatric Association in 1983 for ethics violation. He falsified research data and blatantly lied about the legitimate research of others. what subject was he lying about? Homosexuality. He then tried to pass himself as a sociologist but the ASA was on to him and refused to publish his lies.

In the years since then nothing has changed Cameron continues to fabricate fake studies and lie about the research of others. Some of his more famous lies include:
Homosexuals have a life expectancy of 38 years.
Half of all child sexual assaults are perpetrated by homosexuals.
38% if all homosexuals entering conversion therapy convert to fully functional heterosexuals.
Homosexuals are 5000 times more likely to have a STD

In 1984 Cameron suggested to then Surgeon General Coop the way to deal with AIDS was to create thousands of Nazi death camps in the United States where any and all homosexuals would be interred, tortured, mutilated and eventually murdered.

Pretty much any time a right wing Christina make some sort of bizarre claim about homosexuals, you can bet Paul Cameron is behind that lie.

After being kicked out of legitimate scientific circles Cameron was invited to form an organization in association with James Dobson and Focus on the Family. The end result was the AFA.

Cameron continues to crate fake studies for the Christian right. Dobson and his kin know the statements they make about gays and lesbians are blatant lies but he continues to use them anyway.

Thanks for the insight. He sounds like a very scary man.

David.

Upvote 0

NPH

Jul 25, 2005
✟6,871.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Actually, the original chips (frites) are typically acknowledged to have come from Belgium (and more precisely in Flanders) -- and last I tasted they still have the best. And even those who don't believe they first came from Belgium agree that they were invented in Western Europe (Belgium, France, or Spain). In fact, the first chip in England was made by a Belgian.

When I was fortunate enough to live in Germany I discovered pommes frites. Ever since American french fries just taste kind of bleh. But out of them, McDonald's makes the best tasting (though absolutely nothing like European frites). I was also led to understand they were Belgian in origin at that time.

Bleah, 3 years living in Germany about 20 years ago and I still crave the taste of food from Europe. American food is just so bland and dull. Even when I can find something of Euro origin it seems the American way of making it sucks everything that was good about the food out of it :(

edit: Except for Taylor Ham. That stuff is pure goodness ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

beamishboy

Jan 3, 2008
✟6,878.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Oh yeah, KFC are good (and yeah, the one on Leicester Square is pretty cool...actually, if I end up in London later today - which, let's just say, is a possibility - I might pop in there).

McDonald's do good shakes. And I love their Filet o Fish. I don't actually like burgers though. *shrugs*

David.

It's nice when someone knows the exact restaurant I'm talking about. I love that part of town. It was there when someone tried to preach to me and when i told him I was an altar boy, he said i needed Jesus all the more!!! I think he was a fundamentalist who viewed CoE as non-Christian. Hehe. Do you know the public toilet at the park there? You can see the KFC from the stairs that go down to the toilet (the toilet is below the road level). It was also there that someone propositioned me!!! And it's gained me quite a reputation among my friends who witnessed everything for being so good-looking that I turned a man into a woman psychologically. Hehe!

Upvote 0

sidhe

Seemly Unseelie
Sep 27, 2004
Couldharbour
✟27,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The discussion of European chips has me craving Uncle Otto's (formerly Achim's K-Bob) in Athens, GA. Turkish music professor at UGA opens up a kebab stand with fries...oh, sweet Goddess, the fries. And the black olive dip for them. Or the dill-feta mayo dip...

I'm going to have to make the 2-hour drive up there sometime soon.

Upvote 0

Ramona

If you can't see my siggy, I've disappeared ;)
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2006
Visit site
✟55,932.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Lifted from a similar thread in N&CE:

I do hope McDonald's goes down, but only because it's so unhealthy, and the nation is well plagued by obesity. However, I don't think that a bunch of scared Christians boycotting because of an apparent "stance" (??) on homosexuality is really going to do much. They are right to boycot McDonald's, but there are far more moral reasons to do so. This isn't for the greater good of society, it's for the advancement of their, erm, morals.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟396,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lifted from a similar thread in N&CE:

I do hope McDonald's goes down, but only because it's so unhealthy, and the nation is well plagued by obesity. However, I don't think that a bunch of scared Christians boycotting because of an apparent "stance" (??) on homosexuality is really going to do much. They are right to boycot McDonald's, but there are far more moral reasons to do so. This isn't for the greater good of society, it's for the advancement of their, erm, morals.

McDonalds could vanish tomorrow, but another company would just fill the void.
They are only giving what the people want.
The Public Enters there stores & gives them there money, last time I check there was no one outside McDonalds with Guns forcing people to go there.

Upvote 0

Ramona

If you can't see my siggy, I've disappeared ;)
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2006
Visit site
✟55,932.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
McDonalds could vanish tomorrow, but another company would just fill the void.
They are only giving what the people want.
The Public Enters there stores & gives them there money, last time I check there was no one outside McDonalds with Guns forcing people to go there.

To be honest, I would have to agree. My point was simply that McDonald's does worse, more tangible things than support Teh Gheys, none of which seems to concern the AFA and their ilk.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums