Biden’s Student Loan Forgiveness Plan Is An Illegal Scheme To Buy Back Young Votes

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟221,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Last June, the Supreme Court ruled that Biden’s initial student loan forgiveness plan was unconstitutional in a 6-3 decision. Like the previous student loan forgiveness ploy, Biden’s latest plan has not been approved by Congress, and will likely wind up in court again.

That pesky Supreme Court keeps getting in Joe's way.

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟718,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last June, the Supreme Court ruled that Biden’s initial student loan forgiveness plan was unconstitutional in a 6-3 decision. Like the previous student loan forgiveness ploy, Biden’s latest plan has not been approved by Congress, and will likely wind up in court again.

Courts are often roadblocks to tyrants... gotta hate the check and balances built in....

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟260,677.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

He's buying them back? I didn't know he'd sold any.

Psst. Hey, kid. Wanna buy a couple of votes?

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,131,256.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Have you forgotten all the big businesses whose loans were forgiven, including many congressmen's?
States have been so busy giving tax breaks that public college tuition has far outplaced inflation. We need an educated populace to have a vibrant economy. We don't need subsidies to thriving businesses.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟342,275.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Have you forgotten all the big businesses whose loans were forgiven, including many congressmen's?
States have been so busy giving tax breaks that public college tuition has far outplaced inflation. We need an educated populace to have a vibrant economy. We don't need subsidies to thriving businesses.
We don't need tons of people running around with useless degrees who can't earn a living with them. It's an obvious statement that the people really aren't educated. They are just duped.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,131,256.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Education is never useless. Today's political landscape shows me how desperately lacking in critical thinking skills many Americans are.

Many student loans are for technical and vocational programs, and the jobs of the future require some post secondary education.

An uneducated populace is a populist demagogues dream and a real world nightmare.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟375,266.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The LAST thing America needs is for a significant portion of it's younger people to feel ANY type of financial relief.

I mean sure, we don't hear that from Conservatives MOST of the time Biden has been in charge. Only when he comes up with plans to provide financial relief to people (and not corporations, for which quite a few become strangely silent).

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟718,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As the son of legal immigrants - as the father of six - speaking form myself and my children. I went through College obtaining a Masters Degree - I have two children with Bachelors and one with a Bachelors and an additional medical degree.

When choosing a path for education, we considered the end goal (what we wanted), the school and the costs. When you fill out loan applications and sign your name to an agreement - you are attesting your word that you agree to repay the loan and the interest associated with it. There is a reason why loans are called covenants -

Just because it is for a service, (education), does not make it any less binding than your agreement to pay credit cards or other types of loans.

If you default on the loan - then bear the consequences of not being a person of your word. If you are economically challenged and have to default on your agreement - then file bankruptcy and face the consequences.

Just because taxpayers are the guarantors of the loans doesn't negate your responsibility to be a person of your word. Every dollar Joe gives away for the hope of a vote is paid for by the taxpayer - you and I.

As for what some Democratic tribe speak states about uneducated. Pblllatt.... College doesn't guarantee the ability to make informed or correct decisions. I have met more people lacking even the most basic common sense in collegiate setting than with those who never stepped foot on a campus.

Please lets not look down our nose at the 'uneducated' around us. They are the ones this country was built and runs on today. Without them - we wouldn't be on the computer you are on right now, we would not have roads - we would not have effective health care - we would not be living in our homes - our CEO's could not perform their businesses and so very much more.

Lack of a degree does not equate to a lack of intelligence, it is nothing more than another attempt at class warfare - let's not go there.

Reactions: John G.
Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟120,011.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Education is never useless. Today's political landscape shows me how desperately lacking in critical thinking skills many Americans are.

Many student loans are for technical and vocational programs, and the jobs of the future require some post secondary education.

An uneducated populace is a populist demagogues dream and a real world nightmare.
This just reminds me of Serj Tankians "Uneducated Democracy"

In dire need of reason in a truly deaf nation. In dire need of reason in a truly deaf nation. Without an education, there is no real democracy. Without an education, there is only autocracy.

With the added message:
Thanks for allowing us to *bleep* you. Behind closed doors, closed minds

Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟567,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
As the son of legal immigrants - as the father of six - speaking form myself and my children. I went through College obtaining a Masters Degree - I have two children with Bachelors and one with a Bachelors and an additional medical degree.

When choosing a path for education, we considered the end goal (what we wanted), the school and the costs. When you fill out loan applications and sign your name to an agreement - you are attesting your word that you agree to repay the loan and the interest associated with it. There is a reason why loans are called covenants -

Just because it is for a service, (education), does not make it any less binding than your agreement to pay credit cards or other types of loans.

And in most any agreement, one side has the freedom to absolve the other of their responsibilities.

If you default on the loan - then bear the consequences of not being a person of your word. If you are economically challenged and have to default on your agreement - then file bankruptcy and face the consequences.

Student loans can't always be discharged through bankruptcy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟375,266.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

Just because taxpayers are the guarantors of the loans doesn't negate your responsibility to be a person of your word. Every dollar Joe gives away for the hope of a vote is paid for by the taxpayer - you and I.

As for what some Democratic tribe speak states about uneducated. Pblllatt.... College doesn't guarantee the ability to make informed or correct decisions. I have met more people lacking even the most basic common sense in collegiate setting than with those who never stepped foot on a campus.

Please lets not look down our nose at the 'uneducated' around us. They are the ones this country was built and runs on today. Without them - we wouldn't be on the computer you are on right now, we would not have roads - we would not have effective health care - we would not be living in our homes - our CEO's could not perform their businesses and so very much more.

Lack of a degree does not equate to a lack of intelligence, it is nothing more than another attempt at class warfare - let's not go there.
Funny.
When it comes to the university, and other education professionals that I've met, ALL of them have been very sensible and very smart; though for the most part EXTREMELY smart in regards to their specific and general subject area with, no inherent extra knowledge based on across the board topics. But perhaps we have different degrees. I could see engineers or Mathematicians (at university level) fitting your description to a TEE. I have a B.Sc majoring in Biology and a B.Ed in Secondary Science. Yes there is the odd person whose personality I did NOT enjoy, but that's a personality issue.

Also, I've been around a LOT (and I mean a LOT) of under educated people. And they frequently make poor decisions, display ignorance on a wide variety of topics while attempting to sound erudite and informed, and lastly, surprisingly make decisions against their (or their children's best interest). To the point where the state needs to get involved a times. I agree that a degree does NOT equate to a lack of intelligence, but I'd say the inverse is also true. In fact, there's probably a chart with 4 squares that show 4 true statements about intelligence and higher education.

It sounds like I'm "talking down" about the uneducated, but I don't think I am. I can certainly say everything I've written I've witnessed. And that doesn't mean that they don't play an INCREDIBLY important roll in our society AND our economy. Not at all.

I also wonder if the same "please don't look down our nose" sentiment could be shared about university educated people.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟567,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Pblllatt.... College doesn't guarantee the ability to make informed or correct decisions. I have met more people lacking even the most basic common sense in collegiate setting than with those who never stepped foot on a campus.

Maybe you chose poor colleges.

As for what some Democratic tribe speak states about uneducated.

Oh, that's pretty rich. In every single discussion about the minimum wage and other protections for low-wage workers, it's libs who talk about how these folks deserve to be treated better, deserve to be paid better, and it's conservatives who talk about how they're not worth more, how they're lazy or unmotivated, and how they ought to better themselves if they want anything better than what they currently have.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟216,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
These loans are more binding that credit card or other types of legal loans as those can be dismissed via bankruptcy while student debt is forever and ever.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟718,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
These loans are more binding that credit card or other types of legal loans as those can be dismissed via bankruptcy while student debt is forever and ever.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟342,275.00
Faith
Pentecostal

Education is useless if you can't and don't use it. Education rarely teaches critical thinking skills. They teach subjects. And depending on what you are taking it might teach you some critical thinking regarding the subject such as engineering. But that doesn't mean you are generally a critical thinker.

I've met a lot of very knowledgeable and educated people who were good at whatever they are doing, but their critical thinking only applies to their specialty. Not anything else.

And there are plenty of subjects that only indoctrinate you into leftist ideology and don't allow for critical thinking.

If you are talking uneducated like reading writing arithmetic, history and those kinds of subjects then I agree, that's a nightmare. There are things everyone should be educated on. If you are illiterate that severely limits you. But you certainly do not need half the stuff you are taught in school. Like Gender theory or CRT. I went to college, my wife went to college, one of my daughters went and both my sons. And we've all taken a lot of useless classes that don't have a lick to do with our lives. And everyone paid a lot of money for it.

I also have friends and family who didn't go to college who are doing very well with their lives and are making and have made a good living.

College as it is is in no way necessary for a lot of things. For some it is, like being a doctor or an Engineer. But even at that there are a lot of wasted classes.

College would be cheaper and take less time if you could focus on your profession.

I know a lot of very smart, critical thinking people who never went to college. And a lot of people who have no critical thinking skills who went.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟221,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

And I payed off my student loan by working. Why should I have to pay off someone else's loan too?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟567,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Education is useless if you can't and don't use it. Education rarely teaches critical thinking skills. They teach subjects. And depending on what you are taking it might teach you some critical thinking regarding the subject such as engineering.

If that was your experience with college, you had some exceptionally poor instructors. Even at my middle-of-the-road community colleges, my non-engineering classes like English, Anthropology, History, Advertising, and Music Theory all encouraged and required thoughtful analysis and critical thinking. They were fundamental to those courses. The critical thinking required in my engineering courses was rigorous, but it was mostly non-textual; we didn't, for example, have to evaluate sources and compile them to formulate and articulate an argument. We didn't have to analyze a piece of fiction for subtext and alternative interpretations. We didn't have to explore the historical context of a particular set of events or the motivations of the people involved. But my other classes required all of that and those exercises were just as valuable as anything in my core classes.

College would be cheaper and take less time if you could focus on your profession.

No, it wouldn't take less time - at least not much less. No, your course schedule isn't typically packed with classes that are 100% relevant to your major, but those that are relevant typically build on each other sequentially. You can't take Differential Equations, for example, before taking Calc 1. You can't take Dynamics without Physics 1. It doesn't matter how much extra space you have in your schedule, certain subjects take a while to get through.

And either way, most of those required, less-than-totally-relevant courses tend to get loaded into your first two years. By the time you're a junior, you're mostly taking stuff that's degree-focused.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟718,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe you chose poor colleges.
Maybe I did not - and it has more to do with a persons character than the institution.
Oh, that's pretty rich. In every single discussion about the minimum wage and other protections for low-wage workers, it's libs who talk about how these folks deserve to be treated better, deserve to be paid better, and it's conservatives who talk about how they're not worth more, how they're lazy or unmotivated, and how they ought to better themselves if they want anything better than what they currently have.
I can't speak for and entire people group - can you? If you take the time and re-read what I said - I was speaking for myself. From what I have read, what conservatives have expressed is that the position is not worth more. In my thinking - how can any sane person believe the position in fast food - dropping fries - making sandwiches is worth 40,000.00 a year, plus benefits (20.00 an hour - full time).

How that can be justified is beyond me.

And I payed off my student loan by working. Why should I have to pay off someone else's loan too?
So did I -so did my children. It can be done. Not fun - not easy - it takes a lot of effort - but they can.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟325,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
For the same reason that you pay taxes that cover any other services you don't use - there's a net benefit to society. Specifically as it relates to student loan forgiveness, borrowers not having to make crushing student loan payments means that they have more disposable income to contribute to the local economy, they're more likely to become homeowners (and thus pay property taxes), and they're more likely to be able to save for retirement, meaning that they'll be less of a burden on the system later in life, just to name a few.

I pay for public schools, even though my parents sent me to a private school and I don't have kids. I drive my car maybe once a week, but my taxes pay for roads all over the country. I've never used welfare, but I've spent almost 20 years paying for it.

Upvote 0