Behold the Power of God: Ten Verses Highlighting God's Continuous Care for Creation

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟14,052.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In the tapestry of creation, there is a thread woven with divine care and continuous sustenance. Throughout the Old Testament, we find verses that not only testify to God's role as Creator but also emphasize His ongoing involvement in upholding existence itself. From the majestic act of speaking light into being to the intimate gesture of breathing life into humanity, these verses unveil the profound truth that God's presence and will are indispensable for the continuity of life. Explore ten passages (KJV) that illuminate the concept of God as the ultimate Sustainer of all things, where His attention and breath are the very essence of existence.

1-Genesis 1:3: "And God said, Let there be light: and there was light." This verse emphasizes the power of God's spoken word in bringing existence into being.

2-Genesis 2:7: "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." This verse highlights God's direct involvement in the creation of humanity and the impartation of life.

3-Psalm 33:6: "By the word of the Lord were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth." This verse underscores the creative power of God's spoken word in the formation of the heavens and celestial bodies.

4-Psalm 104:29: "Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust." This verse shows a connection between God's presence or attention and the continuation of life.

5-Job 12:10: "In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind." Job acknowledges God's sovereignty over all life and existence.

6.-Job 34:14-15: "If he set his heart upon man, if he gather unto himself his spirit and his breath; All flesh shall perish together, and man shall turn again unto dust." Job speaks of the consequence of God withdrawing His spirit and breath, leading to the end of human existence.

7-Psalm 36:6 : "Thy righteousness is like the great mountains; thy judgments are a great deep: O Lord, thou preservest man and beast." This verse speaks of God's role in preserving and sustaining both humanity and the animal kingdom.

8-Isaiah 42:5: "Thus saith God the Lord, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein." Isaiah highlights God's role as the sustainer of life and the giver of breath.

9-Jeremiah 10:12: "He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion." This verse acknowledges God as the Creator and Sustainer of the earth and the heavens.

10-Psalm 139:7-10: "Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me." This verse reflects on the omnipresence of God, emphasizing that His presence is everywhere, sustaining and upholding all aspects of existence.

Blessings!

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟76,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
This verse underscores the creative power of God's spoken word in the formation of the heavens and celestial bodies.
Hebrew is the language God used in Creation of the Heavens and the Earth. We were in the beginning with God.

Upvote 0