Still just a Newbie
Jul 9, 2010
✟15,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm really worried about my husband.
He developed really bad asthma near the end of his last deployment to Iraq almost 2 years ago, and it has gotten worse.
He takes medication for it, but he still uses his emergency inhaler several times a day.

He is on profile, but they won't consider giving him a medical discharge (even though he isn't elligible to re-enlist because of his asthma, and his shoulder-- he has only 60% mobility after he had surgery to fix his shoulder after it was injured in the field before his last deployment).
They also won't let him change his MOS (he's field artillery).

He has been in the Army for 5 years and will never be promoted to E5 (because he can't do the PT test because he's on profile, and will always be on profile because of his asthma- even though it's only a 3 month profile, it gets renewed because his asthma isn't going away).

He is deploying in a few months (he asked to be put on Rear-D because of his asthma and was denied), and I'm really worried.
What if he has an asthma attack while in combat? He could get killed or get the other soldiers killed.
Will he even be able to get his prescription medication and emergency inhaler while deployed?
Is Afghanistan as dusty as Iraq?

I'm so worried.

I know every wife is worried when her husband deploys for 12-18 months. And every time I've been terrified I would never see him again.
But every day now I'm afraid he'll die because his asthma is that bad.
Luckily he's always had his emergency inhaler close by, but I'm terrified that one day he won't....

Prayers please?

Any advice?

Thank you for reading my vent. Sorry to waste your time.

God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.