West Coast USA
✟47,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Are Christians allowed to drink alcohol-containing grape-juice = wine?

Some think that Christians are not allowed to drink wine.

And that when the Bible speaks of wine, the Bible speaks of non-alcoholic grape juice.

What do you think?

They drank real wine in the Bible. Jesus turned the water into real wine. Catholic communion uses real wine for the blood. Drinking wine is not a sin. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Red Gold

Dec 28, 2019
Baden-Baden in the Black Forest, Germany
✟97,099.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
They drank real wine in the Bible. Jesus turned the water into real wine. Catholic communion uses real wine for the blood. Drinking wine is not a sin. :oldthumbsup:

Yes - enjoying a good wine is like praying! :oldthumbsup:

Reactions: Skye1300
Upvote 0

Red Gold

Dec 28, 2019
✟97,099.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
p.s. - we (here is the States) refer to Schorles as "Spritzers" (though our spritzers are typically freshly made, rather than bottled or canned, they are still the same thing, wine mixed with some kind of mineral/carbonated water).

Yes, I also know the word "Spritzer". I know it as the Austrian word for our Schorle. :)
It is unclear where the word "Schorle" comes from.
Some say that it is what Germans understood when they heard a Frenchman say: "Toujours l'amour!" :)

Upvote 0

Red Gold

Dec 28, 2019
✟97,099.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No wine?
upload_2022-8-31_11-14-50.gif
:(

Baháʼís are forbidden to drink alcohol or to take drugs, except by a doctor's order, because God has given human beings reason which is taken away by intoxicants that lead the mind astray.[19] The non-medicinal use of opium and other mind-altering drugs is particularly condemned in the Baháʼí scriptures.[19] Baháʼís are also asked to try to avoid working in jobs that involve the manufacturing or large-scale sale of alcohol and to avoid any involvement in the drug trade.[19] Smoking tobacco is not forbidden but is discouraged

Baháʼí laws - Wikipedia

Then the Bahai Faith is nothing for me.

Upvote 0

carrico

May 5, 2019
TN
✟31,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes I dilute my wine with mineral water.
A mixture of wine and mineral water is called a "Schorle" in German.

I stick to a sangria, so I like to dilute my wine too, LOL! Actually, if I drink wine, I have instant ear ache and headache. I looked it up and perhaps I have an allergy to it :(

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟927,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Jesus drank wine so, yes. There's a difference between drinking wine for the sake of enjoying wine and drinking wine to the point of drunkenness. Getting drunk off wine is a sin but enjoying a glass of wine with dinner is not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟50,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So far 7 out of 7 say: yes
As a Christian, I am allowed to drink wine, but as a Christian I wouldn't do so. First, one side of my family has a problem with alcohol, as warned me by a grandfather who once had a drinking problem. Second, I am no longer physically able to imbibe alcohol. Third, I live in an area where tea-totaling among Christians is the norm. If I could drink wine, I wouldn't do so because it would be a stumbling block.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums