Are All Men The Same?

Ask Seek Knock

Jun 19, 2013
✟1,035.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Peter explicitly says this, and Peter is talking only to the beloved friends, who are the sheep.

Jesus told Peter to FEED MY SHEEP.
1 Peter 2

The LORD's sheep you were and are. Gone astray, you were lost, but now have been brought back to God by Christ. Peter is addressing Jesus's sheep, not the broad wide world. His death was for His sheep and Peter proves it in this chapter .

What is your thinking on 'Gone Astray'? How did you and I go astray? From what did we go astray? Can you go astray from something you were never a part of?

Upvote 0
G

gmm4Jesus

Just as Adam's sin brought sin to all, yet not all will be condemned, so also Jesus brought Life to all yet many will not receive it. In both cases the difference is faith. Jesus' death was for everyone (availability) and applied to those who believe. And, you are correct that Jesus' death and purpose does not fail. He intended His death to be available to all and efficient to the believer - successful purpose!

Upvote 0

Skala

I'm a Saint. Not because of me, but because of Him
Mar 15, 2011
✟27,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Just as Adam's sin brought sin to all, yet not all will be condemned, so also Jesus brought Life to all yet many will not receive it. In both cases the difference is faith. Jesus' death was for everyone (availability) and applied to those who believe. And, you are correct that Jesus' death and purpose does not fail. He intended His death to be available to all and efficient to the believer - successful purpose!

Actually, Adam's sin brought death to all, which are given to all, until they are translated out from Adam's federal headship into Christ's, via the new birth and adoption.

So, what Adam did affected all of his people. And what Christ did affected all of his people.

If one remains in Adam, he will most assuredly die and reach condemnation, contrary to your original assertion.

Upvote 0
G

gmm4Jesus

Actually, Adam's sin brought death to all, which are given to all, until they are translated out from Adam's federal headship into Christ's, via the new birth and adoption.

So, what Adam did affected all of his people. And what Christ did affected all of his people.

If one remains in Adam, he will most assuredly die and reach condemnation, contrary to your original assertion.

And, they are translated out from Adam's federal headship into Christ's by faith. Righteousness is by faith!

That is not contrary to my assertion. Read again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
All men are in Adam, by birth, but all men are not in Christ.

Proof-texting is not a helpful way to come to an understanding on these things (or anything). The Bible won't be read in that simplistic a manner. We have to wrestle with the whole of scripture, which clearly shows that ALL men have sinned and are guilty before God, but only a remnant are saved. From Gen to Rev, that is clearly demonstrated in many, many ways.

ALL in many cases is referring to Jew and gentile. We need to see the perspective of the Jews who knew God as their deity, and not the deity of the rest of the world. They had to be pushed to see otherwise, so the use of ALL is essentially saying: Not just the nation of Israel, but other people-groups as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0