America, take heed! President Abraham Lincoln has a dire warning from beyond the grave

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟30,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
This is interesting. :scratch::doh:

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves,” so said Abraham Lincoln.

He added: ”We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

The vulnerability of our democracy in 2024 is nightmarish! Maga disciples, are you suffering from a severe case of myopia? You appear eager to hand-off the people’s democracy to Trump, a soulless demagogue and his disciples.

From my vantage point, Maga et al are nothing more than a mob of credulous, incorrigible fool’s ala David Koresh’s branch Davidians and Hitlers Nazi regime. Apparently, President Lincoln was clairvoyant. We are unwittingly destroying ourselves!

If Trump or Trump lite, Nikki Haley, should win in 2024, you will have made an expensive, life-altering, major purchase without reading the fine print: “Fascism is not returnable!”

Hey, Moms for Liberty, see what rewriting history and banning knowledge accomplishes? I have never had much regard for one issue voters due to the complexities of modern society. However, NOW is the time to be a one issue voter to uphold our democracy.

If democracy prevails, all else can be fixed by, “We the People.”

”You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today,” Abraham Lincoln also said.

Your responsibility to vote for democracy is now! Evading it will be disastrous."

(America's already being destroyed from within. After she is so weakened, then a foreign adversary or adversaries will pounce. But she is already so weakened now....
Also, some people treat Lincoln as if he was a prophet of God. "America can't be destroyed by a foreign power because Lincoln said so!" Huh?
The Bible says ALL nations shall be destroyed, except Israel!)

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟164,470.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves,” so said Abraham Lincoln.

This appears to be a false quote. Or at best, a highly paraphrased one. Lincoln in 1838 did make a similar statement (decades before becoming President) where he said:

"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

He added: ”We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

This one is a lot better, but still not quite right. Lincoln actually said Congresses, not Congress, and the usage of "he added" makes it sound like these are from the same source, when they're not. The first quote was a heavy paraphrase of something Lincoln said in 1838, whereas this one is from his notes on a speech he gave in 1859.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟30,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
This appears to be a false quote. Or at best, a highly paraphrased one. Lincoln in 1838 did make a similar statement (decades before becoming President) where he said:

"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

This one is a lot better, but still not quite right. Lincoln actually said Congresses, not Congress, and the usage of "he added" makes it sound like these are from the same source, when they're not. The first quote was a heavy paraphrase of something Lincoln said in 1838, whereas this one is from his notes on a speech he gave in 1859.

Paraphrased I believe. The whole article is a bit silly, as it's going after MAGA and by default what is their answer? Bidenism? Of course they don't say.
I can honestly say America is in trouble no matter what political meanderings are being slung out there.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟151,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
This is interesting. :scratch::doh:

The vulnerability of our democracy in 2024 is nightmarish! Maga disciples, are you suffering from a severe case of myopia? You appear eager to hand-off the people’s democracy to Trump, a soulless demagogue and his disciples.

From my vantage point, Maga et al are nothing more than a mob of credulous, incorrigible fool’s ala David Koresh’s branch Davidians and Hitlers Nazi regime. Apparently, President Lincoln was clairvoyant. We are unwittingly destroying ourselves!

If Trump or Trump lite, Nikki Haley, should win in 2024, you will have made an expensive, life-altering, major purchase without reading the fine print: “Fascism is not returnable!”

Hey, Moms for Liberty, see what rewriting history and banning knowledge accomplishes? I have never had much regard for one issue voters due to the complexities of modern society. However, NOW is the time to be a one issue voter to uphold our democracy.

If democracy prevails, all else can be fixed by, “We the People.”

”You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today,” Abraham Lincoln also said.

Your responsibility to vote for democracy is now! Evading it will be disastrous."

(America's already being destroyed from within. After she is so weakened, then a foreign adversary or adversaries will pounce. But she is already so weakened now....
Also, some people treat Lincoln as if he was a prophet of God. "America can't be destroyed by a foreign power because Lincoln said so!" Huh?
The Bible says ALL nations shall be destroyed, except Israel!)
We’re down to ghost-stories now, posing as cogent political discourse?
Fine.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟567,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Fine.
idk, I'd say that's a step up from claiming that Obama and other non-white Dems aren't eligible to be president.

• Agree
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟130,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Fine.
Yeah, the article is not even a proper article, it is an opinion piece written by a reader to the editor of Penn Live News.

Screenshot of news page.

1713105493880.png

• Informative
Reactions: JSRG
Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟30,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Yeah, the article is not even a proper article, it is an opinion piece written by a reader to the editor of Penn Live News.

Screenshot of news page.

View attachment 345908

'Tis why it's not in news. I just thought it was funny. I guess news outlets will print just about anything now.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟130,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
'Tis why it's not in news. I just thought it was funny. I guess news outlets will print just about anything now.
Agreed. So why post this? MAGA is kinda cultish, but the article fell flat on its face to explain why.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟30,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Agreed. So why post this? MAGA is kinda cultish, but the article fell flat on its face to explain why.

Because of the alleged Lincoln quote, which I have actually heard in a variety of forms both on radio, in person, and in reading. Will the real Lincoln quote please come out.
It does bear some truth in that regard, and America is in trouble on the inside. From 2020 on it has really ramped up. This election I believe will probably turn chaotic no matter which way things go.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟130,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because of the alleged Lincoln quote, which I have actually heard in a variety of forms both on radio, in person, and in reading. Will the real Lincoln quote please come out.
It does bear some truth in that regard, and America is in trouble on the inside. From 2020 on it has really ramped up. This election I believe will probably turn chaotic no matter which way things go.
I agree. A lot of misinformation is being spread by both sides, especially over the last 4 years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟151,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
And you’ll wow us all by passing them on, in here?
How utterly delightful.

Upvote 0