Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
What can you tell me about the Advent Christian Church, and how does it differ from the SDA?

From what I read, the ACC worships on Sunday and have a Congregationalist polity, while the SDA worships on Saturday and have their own structure.

Do all Adventists believe in the investigatitive judgment and the inspiration of Ellen White, or are these things unique to Seventh Day Adventism?

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟488,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What can you tell me about the Advent Christian Church, and how does it differ from the SDA?

From what I read, the ACC worships on Sunday and have a Congregationalist polity, while the SDA worships on Saturday and have their own structure.

Do all Adventists believe in the investigatitive judgment and the inspiration of Ellen White, or are these things unique to Seventh Day Adventism?
Advent means the Second Coming of Jesus - the seventh day in our name indicates SDA's keep the seventh day Sabbath. There are other churches who use the word "Advent" that are not related to the SDA church. There are other Sabbath keeping churches such as the Seventh Day Baptist that are not part of the SDA church. The SDA church does believe in the IJ and the writings of EGW and we are the largest Sabbath-keeping denomination.

I hope this helps!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟386,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
As a Seventh-day Adventist, I wasn't aware of the Advent Christian Church until you created this thread. I had to do some reading. According to Wikipedia they formed out of William Miller's teachings and became a church in 1860. There is no mention of Ellen White, so I would assume since she wasn't in their camp that they have their own history separate from ours. i.e. They aren't affiliated with SDA in any way. Compared to SDA, it's a relatively small church.

Wikipedia calls it a "first day" church. They don't observe the seventh-day Sabbath.

We believe that the first day of the week, as the day set apart by the early church in commemoration of Christ's resurrection, should be observed as the Christian Sabbath, and used as a day of rest and religious worship.

I did a search on their website. Investigative Judgment yielded no results. Although we share some of the same beliefs (no doubt originating from William Miller), they have no real connection with Seventh-day Adventism. They are a separate branch that came out of Millerism and formed alongside our church with their own pioneers and history.

They have a church close to where I live called the Stantontown Advent Christian Church. It is in the middle of nowhere. I used to maintain the telecommunications box next to the church and even worked repair tickets for the church's phone service and internet. Here's a pic. I maintained the beige cabinet on the left.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟454,215.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Advent means the Second Coming of Jesus - the seventh day in our name indicates SDA's keep the seventh day Sabbath. There are other churches who use the word "Advent" that are not related to the SDA church. There are other Sabbath keeping churches such as the Seventh Day Baptist that are not part of the SDA church. The SDA church does believe in the IJ and the writings of EGW and we are the largest Sabbath-keeping denomination.

I hope this helps!
There were many 'Advent' churches formed as many believed in the soon coming of Christ and it spread everywhere.

Upvote 0