higgs2

not a nutter
Sep 10, 2004
✟26,247.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
from Episcopal Relief and Development: O gracious God, we will never understand the sorrows of the world, but by your grace we will not turn away from them. Cheer and encourage those who labor to help the injured, the homeless, the hungry and those in despair. Bless and soften the hearts of those who would take advantage of tragedy for their own profit, that they may come to know where true joy is to be found. We ask these things in your own most holy Name. Amen.

Our church will take a special offering this Sunday and send it to ERD for hurricane and flooding aid.

This whole thing has been weighing heavy on my mind. So much suffering.

Historicus

Follower of Jesus Christ
Apr 20, 2005
Ohio
✟55,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Almighty and Eternal God, we humbly kneel before your throne asking for you mercy upon all of the victims of Hurricane Katrina. Have mercy upon them, O Lord. We pray that you will heal them in body, mind, and especially spirit. Keep them safe, O Lord. Help us, to help them, Father. Where we can give, let us give, where we can aid them, let us aid them. This we pray through your only begotten Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

I urge everyone who can to make donations to the Salvation Army, the American Red Cross, the ERD, and, or other relief organizations.

Upvote 0

AngCath

Jul 7, 2005
✟12,588.00
Faith
Anglican
I'd like to ask all those who live in areas where evacuees are currently living, as I do, to go help in person too. Shine brightly and show the love of Christ!

Lord Jesus Christ, we ask your blessings on all those in authority that they may be guided by the Holy Spirit and strengthened in this hour of great need. Watch over all those helping on the ground and give them strength and courage to continue to do your work. Bless the victims and their families, that they may feel your comfort in this time of darkness.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.