✟2,360.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone.

New member on the forum, but also new in accepting Jesus Christ 100% into my life.
- I am a 25 y/o scandinavian, who have been a "Christian" for my entire life. But I must confess.. I've never really known what it meant in that sense. Never read the bible, and I have sinned many times.. I have broken some of the commendments.. - This all came to me, after I began reading The New Testament, after being recommended by it by a man on youtube, but also read lots of references from the bible, which came from all sorts of videos on that platform.

I hope you all are having a nice day, and I can't wait to get to meet you!

Kind regards,
Kevin (with 1 v)

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟130,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone.

New member on the forum, but also new in accepting Jesus Christ 100% into my life.
- I am a 25 y/o scandinavian, who have been a "Christian" for my entire life. But I must confess.. I've never really known what it meant in that sense. Never read the bible, and I have sinned many times.. I have broken some of the commendments.. - This all came to me, after I began reading The New Testament, after being recommended by it by a man on youtube, but also read lots of references from the bible, which came from all sorts of videos on that platform.

Kind regards,
Kevin (with 1 v)
Welcome to the forum Kev. Remember, that Jesus wants you to follow his commandments, and that it is nearly impossible to follow the hundreds of OT commandments. But hey, we all sin bro. Scandinavia is pretty cool by the way, the places there have good architecture, and I would like to visit Scandinavia one day. I did go to Denmark as a kid, but I was only 2 back then.

Alex B.

Reactions: Kevvin
Upvote 0

Kevvin

Mar 30, 2024
Sjælland
✟2,360.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to the forum Kev. Remember, that Jesus wants you to follow his commandments, and that it is nearly impossible to follow the hundreds of OT commandments. But hey, we all sin bro. Scandinavia is pretty cool by the way, the places there have good architecture, and I would like to visit Scandinavia one day. I did go to Denmark as a kid, but I was only 2 back then.

Alex B.
Thank you for the warm welcoming brother! - It is nearly impossible, but I will try and do my best to follow the ones I know and get to learn further on.

I myself live in Denmark, and I agree it is very cozy here!

How old are you?

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟130,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for the warm welcoming brother! - It is nearly impossible, but I will try and do my best to follow the ones I know and get to learn further on.

I myself live in Denmark, and I agree it is very cozy here!

How old are you?
You are welcome bro. I am 24 years old. And hey, Denmark gave us Lego, Danish pastries and Scandinavian minimalism, which are all awesome. Yeah, it is nearly impossible to follow the commandments, but that is why Jesus died and rose from the dead, to save us from our sins. That is the magic of Easter.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟255,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone.

Kind regards,
Kevin (with 1 v)
-
The main understanding you should understand and come to believe (if you have not already). Is that God is offering all people God's free gift of Eternal Life (salvation). But there is a condition, God just does not give this Eternal life to everyone automatically. The condition is that a person must believe in Jesus, which is believing that Jesus is the resurrection and the life, the promised Messiah/only begotten Son of God*

*Messiah and Son of God are saying the same name about Jesus, they are not two different names. So believing Jesus is The Messiah, the believer is also believing Jesus is The Son of God.

Believing this about Jesus and the person becomes a permanent born again child of God.

And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

Upvote 0

Kevvin

Mar 30, 2024
Sjælland
✟2,360.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are welcome bro. I am 24 years old. And hey, Denmark gave us Lego, Danish pastries and Scandinavian minimalism, which are all awesome. Yeah, it is nearly impossible to follow the commandments, but that is why Jesus died and rose from the dead, to save us from our sins. That is the magic of Easter.
Haha, our favorite building blocks to step on!
I have only gotten to Matthew 5, but I am trying to take my time reading it, instead of rushing though it and forgetting everything.

Upvote 0

Kevvin

Mar 30, 2024
Sjælland
✟2,360.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
-
The main understanding you should understand and come to believe (if you have not already). Is that God is offering all people God's free gift of Eternal Life (salvation). But there is a condition, God just does not give this Eternal life to everyone automatically. The condition is that a person must believe in Jesus, which is believing that Jesus is the resurrection and the life, the promised Messiah/only begotten Son of God*

*Messiah and Son of God are saying the same name about Jesus, they are not two different names. So believing Jesus is The Messiah, the believer is also believing Jesus is The Son of God.

Believing this about Jesus and the person becomes a permanent born again child of God.

And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.
I believe in Jesus 100%. But I am still fairly new in reading the Bible (I am only in Matthew 5)

But I strive to complete it. Slowly so I can really take it all in, instead of rushing - But I do understand, Jesus is God, and is son of God. Admittedly I do not know everything in the bible, waaay far from it.
But thank you for the clarification!

Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟130,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Haha, our favorite building blocks to step on!
I have only gotten to Matthew 5, but I am trying to take my time reading it, instead of rushing though it and forgetting everything.
Haha, so true. Lego blocks can hurt. So, which Bible version are you using? KJV can be difficult to read, so the NIV, ESV or NRSV-CE (Catholic edition) can be easier to understand compared to the KJV.

Upvote 0

Kevvin

Mar 30, 2024
Sjælland
✟2,360.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Haha, so true. Lego blocks can hurt. So, which Bible version are you using? KJV can be difficult to read, so the NIV, ESV or NRSV-CE (Catholic edition) can be easier to understand compared to the KJV.
I am reading the NIV - By reading about others recommendations, I came to the conclusion that it was either KJV, ESV, or NIV were the recommended ones to choose from. But is KJV "the best" bible to read from?

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟130,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am reading the NIV - By reading about others recommendations, I came to the conclusion that it was either KJV, ESV, or NIV were the recommended ones to choose from. But is KJV "the best" bible to read from?
The KJV is not the best, and uses an older style of English (ex. thou shall not do this, instead of You should not). ESV and NIV are the best in my opinion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kevvin

Mar 30, 2024
Sjælland
✟2,360.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The KJV is not the best, and uses an older style of English (ex. thou shall not do this, instead of You should not). ESV and NIV are the best in my opinion.
Correct me if I am wrong, but prior to the translation that led to KJV (the story of the translation); weren't it translated by lots of Christian scholars back then?

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟130,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Correct me if I am wrong, but prior to the translation that led to KJV (the story of the translation); weren't it translated by lots of Christian scholars back then?
I am not sure about this, but the Bible has always been translated by multiple scholars since the beginning of Christianity. There are Greek translations to the OT part of the Bible dating back to the 3rd century BC, so 200+ years before Christianity existed.

Upvote 0

Kevvin

Mar 30, 2024
Sjælland
✟2,360.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am not sure about this, but the Bible has always been translated by multiple scholars since the beginning of Christianity. There are Greek translations to the OT part of the Bible dating back to the 3rd century BC, so 200+ years before Christianity existed.
I am merely referencing what Cliffe Knechtle said on youtube. That was the guy that really moved me and inspired me

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟130,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am merely referencing what Cliffe Knechtle said on youtube. That was the guy that really moved me and inspired me
Have never heard of him before. It is cool that he inspired you to continue on your journey with Jesus.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟255,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I believe in Jesus 100%. But I am still fairly new in reading the Bible (I am only in Matthew 5)

But I strive to complete it. Slowly so I can really take it all in, instead of rushing - But I do understand, Jesus is God, and is son of God. Admittedly I do not know everything in the bible, waaay far from it.
But thank you for the clarification!
-

Well just reading The Bible can be hard. here is a website that may help in offering understanding to The Bible
Grace Evangelical Society

God exist in three persons, The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit. All are God and all have always existed, They were not created. But God The Father is not God The Son or God The Holy Spirit same can be said of God The Son He is not God The Father or God The Holy Spirit and God The Holy Spirit is not God The Son or God The Father.

They always function as God and not independent of each person.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟255,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-
New King James Version.

Upvote 0

Kevvin

Mar 30, 2024
Sjælland
✟2,360.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
-

Well just reading The Bible can be hard. here is a website that may help in offering understanding to The Bible
Grace Evangelical Society

God exist in three persons, The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit. All are God and all have always existed, They were not created. But God The Father is not God The Son or God The Holy Spirit same can be said of God The Son He is not God The Father or God The Holy Spirit and God The Holy Spirit is not God The Son or God The Father.

They always function as God and not independent of each person.
I agree, The Holy Trinity. Although it can be hard to understand, but I am sure I will understand deeper, the more I read the bible.
I like the way you compose your posts.

Upvote 0