• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi. I want to explain this very simply if i can. I have chronic illnesses. I am 59. I have been treating my health issues holistically for years now and I am going forward with it, but this illness is one of those that takes a long time to come out of and it is bad enough that i basically have no life because of it(at least the life that i am hoping and desiring and praying for.) Sure, i am living life, but I don't have the life that I want(You understand the difference).
I have been waiting to come out of this illness so I can start life.
Any body can relate?
By the way I know I will come out of this illness, but it has been taking a long long time and People keep telling me, "go on...live your life..., but the reason they say that is that they don't understand how debilitating this illness is, and that makes it even more frustrating to talk to people about it.
People keep telling me, "go on...live your life..., but the reason they say that is that they don't understand how debilitating this illness is, and that makes it even more frustrating to talk to people about it.
Which is why I do not tell people about my health conditions. 1. they are not going to understand 2. Most people do not care. 3. if they do care there is absolutely nothing they can do about it. 4. I refuse to let my condition control me, so I do not focus on it.
just some thoughts for you to consider.

Upvote 0

frank1234

Apr 26, 2006
Winnetka, California
✟35,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you.
The problem is loneliness(or boredom). You want some body to talk to, and hopefully some one who understands you, so naturally i talk about my health issues, but you are right, people dont understand, except for few who have/are going through same kind of things.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
people dont understand, except for few who have/are going through same kind of things.

maybe ask your Dr if there are any health support groups?

when I was first diagnosed, my Dr told me to go to his support group to learn how to cope

Upvote 0

frank1234

Apr 26, 2006
Winnetka, California
✟35,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you. I really no longer go to the doctor, because, first of all, I have been treating my health issues holistically and MDs don't even recognize my health issues, and secondly, I tried to get to some support groups before, but now the situation is not even suitable to go to one. I just need to find an understanding Christian friend to talk to(and not necessarily about health issues) . I think that would help a lot. Thanks.

Upvote 0

justiceformyfoot

Feb 28, 2022
Australia
✟7,908.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can understand. I used to be healthy, until about 10 years ago. I really haven't achieved much in those last 10 years where i've been unwell, and i think, this isn't the way i want to live. Theres a lot i wanted to do with my life and yet, there goes another day where i've done nothing. But lately i've come to realise that the best thing i can do in my life is to believe in Christ in the right ways. After all, i'm living for when this life ends and i go to some other better place. To live committing to a Christian life is rather good. All the cool people can go out there and have fun, thats ok, i'm going to be the best god believing person i can be, and thats something worthwhile.

And yeh having people to talk to really helps. I hope you find somebody trustworthy and good to talk to. I'm not sure i'm up to it. Used to be, writing to people used to consume a lot of my time, but now i tend to just write a post on a forum here and there and thats all.

Matt.

Upvote 0